Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:04:25 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallBOXGAME
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: BOXGAME  (Read 8133 times)
SophieH
Level 0

(\^3^)/ Q(>.<Q)

View Profile WWW
« on: August 07, 2009, 04:15:30 AM »

I took a couple of weeks off my main project to work on this, I'd like to know what you guys think if you dont mind Smiley

you can play on my site or play on GameJolt

oh, and if you like it check back sometime, I'll be adding new levels  Wink
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 04:23:15 AM by GirlFlash » Logged

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 04:59:27 AM »

Its alot of fun! I really like spacial puzzles like this, and the simplistic style fits it well.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
PGGB
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 08:33:23 AM »

Great game and clever puzzles. How many teddies are there?
SophieH
Level 0

(\^3^)/ Q(>.<Q)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 12:11:51 PM »

thanks for checking it out guys Smiley

How many teddies are there?

there is a teddy for every level  Wink

undertech
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 05:22:06 PM »

Gamepad doesn't work. I have the 360 wired controller.
Loop Gain
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 07:12:47 PM »

Nifty! I like how the player character sort of "orbits" the translucent parts of each level.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 08:07:04 PM »

I thought this game was awesome! I didn't find any teddies though?

SophieH
Level 0

(\^3^)/ Q(>.<Q)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 12:02:17 AM »

Gamepad doesn't work. I have the 360 wired controller.

thats the one I use, have you tried restarting the browser after connecting it? unity doesent seem to recognise a controller unless its there when starting =/

well, they will only come out if a level exit is open Wink

John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 12:06:43 AM »

I love the running animation. That's basically how I run. ^_^
PGGB
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 07:51:09 AM »

well, they will only come out if a level exit is open Wink
A ha! Good to know.  Gentleman
FishyBoy
Level 7

Make like a tree and get the hell out of here

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2009, 10:05:10 AM »

I love this. I'm vaguely reminded of Super Mario Galaxy, with you following the contours of odd shapes. I've gotten every teddy except for the last level's, which I haven't beaten at all.

Really cool game, really good execution. Love it.
undertech
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2009, 12:22:34 PM »

Hmm, I tried restarting the browser (FF3.5) to no avail. Maybe it's because I'm not using the offical MS driver (which sucks). Although it works with all other games...

Nice game though, not really a game you NEED a pad for anyway. Just thought I'd try it seeing as how you were nice enough to have all the colored buttons in the controls  Smiley
mcc
Level 10

glitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2009, 08:04:08 PM »

This is really cool! The level selection menu does seem a tad glitchy?

Is there a way to play it standalone rather than in a browser?

My projects:<br />Games: Jumpman Retro-futuristic platforming iJumpman iPhone version Drumcircle PC+smartphone music toy<br />More: RUN HELLO
Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2009, 08:51:29 PM »

This is pretty good. I like the idea a lot. I had some issues with the camera angle hiding how close I was to an edge, and the movement felt a bit awkward (especially when wrapping around corners), but overall I quite like it.

I like the running sound effects Grin
SophieH
Level 0

(\^3^)/ Q(>.<Q)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2009, 12:59:08 AM »

This is really cool! The level selection menu does seem a tad glitchy?

Is there a way to play it standalone rather than in a browser?

ya the level select still seems to need some tweaks, as for a standalone there will be one at some point, I cant really say when though, I'm really focusing on other stuff right now.

I had some issues with the camera angle hiding how close I was to an edge, and the movement felt a bit awkward (especially when wrapping around corners)

the movement I can understand, after getting so intimate with the system I'm not sure my implementation is the ideal, the camera stuff however I thought I'd sorted, have you tried pressing tab to switch to the precise camera?

raiten
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2009, 01:41:31 AM »

I took a couple of weeks off my main project to work on this, I'd like to know what you guys think if you dont mind Smiley

I haven't been bothered installing unity just yet but it looks great. Just have to ask what your main project is?
Jesseyay
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2009, 04:32:33 AM »

This game is so awesome. And after finishing all the levels I was delighted to find out there were teddies to collect as well Smiley
Keep up the good work  Hand Thumbs Up Left
SophieH
Level 0

(\^3^)/ Q(>.<Q)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2009, 12:57:45 PM »

Just have to ask what your main project is?

that would be phantasmal Smiley

tim_the_tam
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2009, 08:27:08 PM »

really interesting concept but i think it still needs work to fulfill its true potential.

first let me tell you what i liked. the simplistic graphics work really well with the sound and the whole presentation and the flipping cube mechanic works really well too.

however some levels didn't feel good especially the more complex ones. i had to rely more on luck more than skill because the flipping gets confusing and the camera dosen't show enough. maybe zoom the camera out some more when when flipping perhaps? also the corner mechanics i dont hate it but puzzles need to be better implemented to suit it.

back to the luck factor. when your flipping to a location you cant see properly you have to trust that there wont be a instant death or a place that traps you. i had this problem with the later levels so change the design of the level to stop this. also restarting a level because your trapped is not good design.

if you improve the game with better level design and add some more powerups or special blocks or.. something.. to keep it interesting, i can see this a great downloadable title on consoles.

btw there a bug on lv 15. the camera is blocked by the stage at one point.

birdcloud
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2009, 09:52:41 PM »

however some levels didn't feel good especially the more complex ones. i had to rely more on luck more than skill because the flipping gets confusing and the camera dosen't show enough. maybe zoom the camera out some more when when flipping perhaps?

You can hold space to zoom out and plan your next move. Getting in a safe freefall and doing this is especially neat because you'll keep orbiting round & round as you scrutinize the level.

back to the luck factor. when your flipping to a location you cant see properly you have to trust that there wont be a instant death or a place that traps you. i had this problem with the later levels so change the design of the level to stop this.

No, don't! The zoomed-out camera is plenty adequate for tracing what path you'll take if you jump where and so on, and I really like there being a few tricky junctions here & there that weigh on the reflexes too.

And teddy bears are a nice touch! Having to get back to them from the exit really makes you unwind and thoroughly understand each level. Had me going over an hour to get all fifteen.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic