Hey guys, Working on a small game that is a combination of a couple different ideas I have had inspired by other games. I mostly wanted to make something similar to the original castlevania, but I also liked some ideas in other games like Dark Souls and the Witcher. The Player battling through smalls sections dodging traps and moving ahead to fight a boss. Not sure how the game will actually work out yet though, couple ideas are.
- Linear world with bosses along the way.
- Open world game with bosses hidden along different areas
- The player has a selection of bosses to kill, and each one is a separate area they are loaded into, like Mega-man. (I am leaning towards this one)
I also know a few things I want for the game:
- no jumping, strictly melee based
- no stats or grinding. the combat will be similar to a zelda instead of a action RPG. limited stats where all attacks do a base damage of 1
- limited Items and potions. player will be able to choose items before entering the world.
the combat is currently up in the air. I am not sure If I want it to me more like a single attack, or switch it for something that is more timing based where enemies will block, and attack. this would mean less enemies, but it would make enemies more of a threat. I am leaning more towards the first, where the real threat is the combination of enemies in each area.
WIP Gif of gameplay