This is my current project: a Doom mod that tries do replicate the Team Fortress gameplay on the Doom engine or, more specifically, on the Skulltag sourceport. It tries to emulate the classes from the Team Fortress series, while still retaining the original Doom look and feel.Video demonstrating version 0.11Original thread (and download link) at Skulltag.net
The classes that are currently available are:
* Sawed Off Shotgun: Fires up to four shots in quick succession, then reloads; Secondary fire fires a shot with lots of recoil, useful both for attacking and for added aerial maneuvering;
* Baseball Bat (has a secondary fire, too, but it's a work in progress)
* Rocket Launcher: Has a 4 rocket ammo clip. Use secondary fire to reload; if the the clip is empty, it reloads automatically
* Meat Grinder: A not-so-mini minigun. Use secondary fire to keep it spinning, so as to avoid having to wait for it to warmup.
* Flamethrower: Primary shoots flames; secondary blows enemies and shots away
* Flaregun: Fires a flare at the enemy
* Grenade Launcher: Throws bouncing grenades
* Sticky Bomb Launcher: Throws sticky bombs that can be remotely detonated with secondary fire
* Cursed Sword: Primary is a normal melee attack, secondary is a dash
* Sentry Remote: Builds/Dismantles an automated sentry gun. You can press 'use' near a sentry in order to upgrade it (if you have enough ammo).
* Dispenser Remote: Builds/Dismantles a dispenser (gives ammo/health to nearby players).
* Teleporter Entrance Remote: Builds a teleporter entrance.
* Teleporter Exit Remote: Builds a teleporter exit.
* Pipe Wrench
* Sniper Railgun: Press secondary fire button to cycle between 3x zoom, 8x zoom and no zoom. When you're zoomed, the railgun's power slowly charges up; there's three strength levels for the shot: uncharged, 50% charged and 100% charged. Look at the secondary ammo to know how far it's charged. Note that firing while unzoomed always results in an uncharged shot.
* Crossbow: Fires electric bolts.
* Knife: Hit secondary fire to become invisible. The knife causes 666 points of damage when stabbing from the back (note that this only works against other players, for now).
* Plasma Bolter: The primary shot is very precise. Hit secondary fire to become invisible.
* Disguise Kit: Secondary changes current selection, primary disguises as that class, with .
* Medigun: Shoot a player with primary fire to heal him/her. Healing players builds your ubercharge: when it reaches 100%, press secondary fire to make a player invencible.
* Nailgun: Fires lots of weak projectiles.