Hope you Enjoy, alot of features are missing.
The aim is to have network/lobby support some time.Download
: Windows XP (vista or WIN7 might be buggy)
Mising Features (for this build)
- Control listing/Tutorial
- Ingame and Main Menu 'Settings' (Main menu only Audio and Speed)
- Smooth loopback to main menu
- Smooth Game end events
- In game <Bonus> aquisition (eg: hitting a falling bonus thing / w/e)
- checking if its window is the active window
- Complete crowd_AI and use of ambience audio BUGS
- When the ball impacts the top while heading ENE its deflected WSW! instead of
ESE sorry, I guess this will only affect TEAM A so watch out!
- 2 player Teams each option
- Lobby Server
- Display Menu to list/edit observers
- Single Player AI
- Quake Mode, which will be a type of adventure pong mode
Intended Features for future build
- Network (LAN/IP)CONTROLS
Team A -----> 1,2,3,4 keys R=UP, D=Down, S=Forward, A=Back
Team B -----> >,?,:," keys --------- Arrow Keys ----------
Bonuses are the 1,2,3,4 OR >,?,:," keys
Bonus1: [Blaster] : When a ball is incoming press this key and when the ball
impacts you it will be rebounded at a high speed in a
straight line at your Y position.
if the ball changes heading (no longer towards you) the move
is canceled at no cost
Bonus2: [ Run ] : Increase player speed for 2 seconds
Bonus3: [ Bombs ] : Place 4-5 bombs at random positions on the screen.
Ball deflected on impact.
Bombs auto-destruct after 10 seconds
There are 2 kinds: [SMART_Bombs] && [DUMB_Bombs]
- Press and hold the Bonus3 button for more than 2 seconds to
activate SMART_Bombs, which will only explode if the
resulting vector will be away from
- Press and release the Bonus3 button before 2 seconds to
activate DUMB_Bombs, which will go off on any impact.
If you dont have 3 Bonuses and try to use SMART_Bombs:
- If you have enough for DUMB_Bombs, They will be
activated when you release the key.
- If you have nothing then nothing will happen when you
release the key
Bonus4: [Goalie ] : Summon your Goalie for 17 seconds
Goal Keeper kicks ASS!
Non Bonus Spec Moves:
[ Control ] : When the ball impacts you and you are holding the 'Back_btn'
then you'll control the ball.
Control ends if you release the 'Back_btn'
[ Tackle ] : While controlling the ball you can move up or down to Tackle
[ Throw ] : While releasing Control if you are pressing Up_btn or Down_btn
The ball will will be kicked off north or south
[ Aim ] : When the ball impacts you:
- if(you're pressing Up_btn AND Back_btn)
The ball will be deflected at a steep angle northerly
- if(you're pressing Up_btn AND Forward_btn)
The ball will be deflected at a shallow angle northerly
- if(you're pressing only Up_btn)
The ball will be deflected at 45 degrees to the x and y
- vice versa for Down_btn and southerly
- if(you're pressing NOTHING)
The ball will be deflected at its default angle for its
I'm new to this site, and joined for the purpose of entering 'this' competition.
Without much ado, The Game:
Test Your Might with Ascii Kombat
Kick ^$$ with Ascii Kombat
WINS! with Ascii Kombat
C code, ascii graphics, windows.
Sorry folks, I've decided to make quake instead.
Specifically, Quake Pong
I hope you'll enjoy. It will still be ascii mode so not to worry (all my games have been).
The thing is I always make extravagant plans then run out of time.. so I've decided Quake should fit the time slot and allow completion. I noticed Derek emphasized that word. which to me was a bit hilarious.
Anyway, Best of luck.