- Got a placeholder character hopping around to mouse clicks.
- Added a thickness paramater to line drawing function.
- Started experimenting with a subdivision based algorithm
. Game Maker doesn't have BSP trees so I just made a usable facsimile, ie. a string of GM objects that hold the ids of its parent, twin, and two children. Current version is naive in terms of making sure all rooms are accessible, so I just need to make a couple of smart corridor placement functions and it should be good.
- Got smart corridor placement working.
- Started experimenting with cellular automata based algorithm
- Added a hacky floodfill algorithm
based on a queue/stuck data structure, due to stack overflow problems.
- Figured out how to ensure 100% connectedness in cellular automata based dungeons, using floodfill.
- Added border and replacement draw functions.
- Figured out how to do smart door placement.
- Started experimenting with walkmonster based algorithm
- Uploaded version 0.0.0.9.
A: Subdivision method
B: Cellular Automata method
C: Walkmonster method
D: Walkmonster method@C.A. Sinclair
Awesome, thank you! I hadn't even considered doing a "path-walk" type of algorithm. I'm definitely going to give something like that a shot. The main thing I'm not sure how to approach right now is door placement... so I might want to ask you more about that later. Also, the idea of point totals for enemy placement is really good. I also definitely want to include some key/door or similar minipuzzles - Brogue does the same thing and it really adds a lot to the game. Lot's of good stuff in there for me to think about. Thanks again!
Does anyone know if there is a complete documentation for the Game Maker Studio version of GML?