Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 11:38:06 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Support Characters
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Support Characters  (Read 122183 times)
JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2009, 07:24:08 AM »

how about ogmo chases one character and tried to push him off the screen?

uses all his 5 different forms to accomplish this as well?

Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2009, 08:53:00 AM »

Carp will be rebalanced in a later release of DF, so the inclusion won't make much sense in the future.

Not a bad suggestion for Ogmo, but that would make more sense for a Sumotori guy. Which actually isn't a bad idea.

Mogget
Level 1

Manbabysitter

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2009, 11:42:11 AM »

Does anyone else think Sexy Hiker is completely useless? I mean, you throw the box at someone, and even if it lands right at their feet, they'll still have time to get out of the way before Sexy Hiker swings his not-too-big hammer. He NEVER hits anyone.

Unless, of course, this was intended, what with Sexy Hiking being somewhat of a joke game.

Hurray for shameless promotion!
JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2009, 12:14:22 PM »

Does anyone else think Sexy Hiker is completely useless? I mean, you throw the box at someone, and even if it lands right at their feet, they'll still have time to get out of the way before Sexy Hiker swings his not-too-big hammer. He NEVER hits anyone.

Unless, of course, this was intended, what with Sexy Hiking being somewhat of a joke game.
i think the point is it will- probably very rarely- hit, and when it does, game over.

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2009, 02:18:14 PM »

That's the idea. I'll probably give SH a small boost, anyways.

Toadsanime
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2010, 07:48:44 AM »

Not entirely relevant to this thread but it hit me on this thread, after this game is deemed 'finished' it'd be nice if it was continously updated with characters, stages etc. from both new indie games that come about after Indie Brawl's release and classics that were previously left out.

I mean, it'd be nice if this game was always being slightly and slowly worked on, even after being 'finished'.
Mentalpatient109
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2010, 02:42:04 PM »

Not entirely relevant to this thread but it hit me on this thread, after this game is deemed 'finished' it'd be nice if it was continously updated with characters, stages etc. from both new indie games that come about after Indie Brawl's release and classics that were previously left out.

I mean, it'd be nice if this game was always being slightly and slowly worked on, even after being 'finished'.
That's the plan.
Toadsanime
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2010, 04:23:48 PM »

That's the plan.
Ah, awesome, I thought it may of been. I'll always have something to look forward to with this, then! Durr...?
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2010, 04:32:35 PM »

Ah, awesome, I thought it may have been. I'll always have something to look forward to with this, then! Durr...?

I'M A GRAMMAR NAZI, SORRY
BoxedLunch
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2010, 03:24:08 PM »

You could make ogmo jump around the level, and cause damage when he collides with players.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2010, 08:19:59 PM »

How about one of the bunnies from Psychosomnium? He stands in the place where he was summoned. He will pick a specific enemy player to target (presumably the one who is closest to him when he's summoned). He will jump and drop through platforms to keep his x-value as close to the target as possible. Essentially, he tries to prevent the player from getting past him, just like in the original game. Let's say he can triple-jump, and is almost impossible to get past. Eventually he will disappear.

BoxedLunch
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2010, 08:30:05 AM »

The new guy from I wanna be the guy (aka the kid) could also be cool. He could run across the levels and jump three times at random points, when he does a spike would appear in front of him. After his 3 jumps he would disappear. He maybe even be knocked around by players and be killed be hazards.
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2010, 03:01:12 PM »

The new guy from I wanna be the guy (aka the kid) could also be cool. He could run across the levels and jump three times at random points, when he does a spike would appear in front of him. After his 3 jumps he would disappear. He maybe even be knocked around by players and be killed be hazards.

I think it'd be better if he ran across the stage and apples fell down and up behind him as he ran along.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2010, 03:12:51 PM »

I Wanna be the Guy makes more sense as a stage. The game's defining features are its hazards, not its protagonist.

Rostiger
Pixelhead
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2010, 01:50:08 PM »

Short break with Lyle, let's have the Sexy Hiker slam his HAMMOR!

Clemens Scott
Co-Founder & Artist of Broken Rules
Karuvitomsk
Level 2

Do Not Fear The Tiger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2010, 02:03:50 PM »

Kiss

For whatever reason I really like the wobble the hammer and his hands do after the initial swing. The only issue I've got is the face -- all it does is stretch. Although given the quality of the rest of the animation, maybe I'm just being nitpicky?
Rostiger
Pixelhead
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2010, 02:27:09 PM »

Haha, thanks, I was tempted to give him a less static facial expression throughout the movement, but then I was lazy and also wanted to get it on with Lyle (if you know what I'm talkin' about  Well, hello there! )
But I might give the Sexy Hiker another edit sometime later, if nobody has helped themselves to it by then. Feel free!  Corny Laugh

Clemens Scott
JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2010, 02:40:14 PM »

uh, the hammer 3d-ness it off, its tilted away from camera when he holds it, and once it hits, its still facing away from camera.

but man the animation is sweet as. what program are you using, btw?

Rostiger
Pixelhead
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2010, 04:16:48 PM »

Shocked You're actually right! Also the lightning on the hands is completely off.
Fixed both in this edit and added some facial motion (even though it's quite minimal and could be exagerated even more).

Using PS by the way.

Clemens Scott
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2010, 04:20:00 PM »

Hehe. That looks great.

By the way, I reduced the knockback and bounciness of TIGBoxes, like someone suggested earlier. Now SH will be much more likely to hit.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic