Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 04:36:16 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Support Characters
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Support Characters  (Read 121650 times)
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 27, 2011, 05:23:20 AM »

I have yet another suggestion!

Pink Knight (Castle Crashers)
 Summons a double rainbow to deal damage towards the opponents.
THIS.

They only think of me like an awesome ninja cat.
Lilfut
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 08, 2012, 11:52:35 AM »

Apologies if this has already been brought up, but does the existence of VVVVVV 3DS kill the chance of Viridian showing up, since Nicalis is the publisher?

On a non-negative note, how about the Robot Unicorn from Robot Unicorn Attack? He/she/it'd run across the screen, ramming into players. Dolphins would also jump from the bottom of the screen as a purely graphical effect.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 12:08:20 PM by Lilfut » Logged
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #462 on: January 09, 2012, 08:47:47 PM »

Apologies if this has already been brought up, but does the existence of VVVVVV 3DS kill the chance of Viridian showing up, since Nicalis is the publisher?
It depends on the details of the publishing agreement. I'm guessing that Terry kept the rights to his game, so it may not make a difference.

SuperX46
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 21, 2012, 06:07:27 PM »

Cabadath (Trilby's Notes, 6 Days a Sacrifice)- Teleports behind another character and delivers a powerful slash with his scythe.
As a fan of Chzo Mythos I'm really happy he made it into the game :D
Magolor
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 15, 2012, 01:09:45 PM »

I have a suggestion!

Name: Anklegator
Game: Bastion

It hides underground at the bottom of the screen, "swimming" underground like a shark, with only its fin-like horn visible. If a player passes over it, the anklegator will pop up, knocking the character way far up.

If hit while it's popped-up, it gets angry and moves faster.
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: July 15, 2012, 07:09:26 PM »

I have a suggestion!

Name: Anklegator
Game: Bastion

It hides underground at the bottom of the screen, "swimming" underground like a shark, with only its fin-like horn visible. If a player passes over it, the anklegator will pop up, knocking the character way far up.

If hit while it's popped-up, it gets angry and moves faster.
This guy, I love him.

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 30, 2012, 01:23:24 PM »

I, uh...
I made something.
Widget
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 30, 2012, 01:48:21 PM »

That's a real nice-lookin' sprite. Very recognisable too, which is the main concern  Hand Clap Smiley
Password
Level 0

Troy and Abed in the Morning~

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 01, 2012, 04:49:49 PM »

Bundding af Eyesaac: Rat o der lamp edeeshun

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 01, 2012, 08:30:29 PM »

That is much much better than mine.
thewojnartist
Level 3

Lead Designer and Artist at WojWorks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #470 on: October 18, 2012, 07:50:31 PM »

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/155/pigstrip10.png/
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 19, 2012, 08:16:20 AM »

THAT is gorgeous.

thewojnartist
Level 3

Lead Designer and Artist at WojWorks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #472 on: October 20, 2012, 12:13:08 AM »

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/834/pigstrip11.png/
WIP
Nuclearinsanity
« Reply #473 on: November 18, 2012, 04:34:26 PM »

You guys might be doing something wrong. A few of these guys I can understand. But Alien Hominid is a brawler game/run n' gun. They very sucessfully included him in Newgrounds Rumble, so why not here? Captain Viridian and Meat Boy are another. Gyrokenisis could be a very interesting inclusion in the roster of The Captain, and Meat Boy could be a fast-as-balls glass cannon. The majority of these are understandable, but a couple should be included in the playable roster.
tnr
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 19, 2012, 06:25:26 AM »

I personally would have chosen Mia for a main character, instead of a support character. She could have weak attacks, unless you take a risk and charge them for a time, when they would grow more powerful.
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 20, 2012, 09:34:32 AM »

In regards to the last two guys, I suppose Nuclear has a point in thinking Meat Boy should have a playable role. Alien Hominid and Viridian are sort of iffy, Alien Hominid more so, but Meat Boy is a character I can mentally point to and say, "This guy. This guy is indie." Viridian could be possible. Of course, I mentioned Commander Video at one point as well, but he was declined, since the project's trying to use moves that the characters are known for having used, so by that logic neither Captain nor Meat Boy would be viable.

As for Mia, Mia's not hardly as memorable an indie character as the existing roster, so I'd say no.
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #476 on: November 21, 2012, 03:05:48 PM »

To keep the roster diverse, we didn't want to include more than one character from a single creator. Since a Castle Crasher is already on the roster, that meant no Alien Hominid.

Meat Boy and Viridian are great characters, but what moves would they have? Also, Meat Boy is supposed to be terribly fragile, in-universe.

BeholdThyPecs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: March 24, 2014, 01:25:22 PM »

Slender Man ("Slender: the Eight Pages" & "Slender: the Arrival)
 A scary villain who does not harm the player he's supporting; instead, he harms any opponent that is too close to him, or having the character facing towards him, while being able to "see" him gets damaged! Static appears, around any players getting damaged; he even stalks the opponents, for you!
MisterM
TIGBaby

mmmmmhm

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 06, 2014, 05:14:00 AM »

Slender Man ("Slender: the Eight Pages" & "Slender: the Arrival)
 A scary villain who does not harm the player he's supporting; instead, he harms any opponent that is too close to him, or having the character facing towards him, while being able to "see" him gets damaged! Static appears, around any players getting damaged; he even stalks the opponents, for you!
That's what I was thinking. He is a very iconic indie character, after all.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic