Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 12:48:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Meta
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Meta  (Read 72588 times)
JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 07, 2010, 03:35:50 AM »

he says yes. But he said if you wanna use stuff from super banana nababa (which is all but abandoned) you need to contact bisse and im9today

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 07, 2010, 02:37:02 PM »

Indie Brawl doesn't use unfinished games, so that wouldn't be a problem.
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 07, 2010, 03:00:41 PM »

i tough super banana nababa was finished but deleted.

They only think of me like an awesome ninja cat.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 13, 2010, 02:26:47 PM »

I just came here to say that my current goal in life to make an indie game memorable enough that you guys will want it to feature somehow in Indie Brawl. Kiss

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: May 13, 2010, 02:30:54 PM »

That's the spirit!

Maybe some day I'll do that too!  Durr...?

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 13, 2010, 02:33:53 PM »

Alas, the only possibly usable game I have is Minus, and it's not exactly the most memorable game out there.

Must get back to game-making!

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
ink.inc
« Reply #166 on: May 13, 2010, 07:06:46 PM »

Does anyone here know of a way to rotate sprites without using anti-aliasing?
Reason being is that I'm drawing the gears for the Aquaria level and I want to be able to rotate them while keeping that nice pixelly aesthetic.

I saw Joakim Sandberg do this in Noitu Love 2, and just wanted to know how to achieve this.
Plasticware
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 13, 2010, 07:34:41 PM »

I'm pretty sure that's just MMF2's sprite rotation on lowest quality.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: May 13, 2010, 07:42:13 PM »

Game Maker can do sprite rotation without anti-aliasing through the use of surfaces (which Indie Brawl uses). You don't need to include images of the gears at different angles.

ink.inc
« Reply #169 on: May 13, 2010, 07:44:24 PM »

Sweet.

So that's how you zoom in and out and keep everything nice and pixelly.
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 26, 2010, 10:45:24 AM »

got a question. isn't any plugin or add on for game maker that allows the user have a 4 joystick support? and if there isn't one already, will there be one in the future? i hate joy-to-key and i always get confuse with xpadder ¬¬

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 26, 2010, 04:49:00 PM »

Call me a major noob if you wish, but what program do you guys use to make and animate your sprites?
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: May 26, 2010, 08:42:23 PM »

Personally I find that Gamemaker's built-in editor works pretty well.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: May 26, 2010, 08:49:06 PM »

got a question. isn't any plugin or add on for game maker that allows the user have a 4 joystick support? and if there isn't one already, will there be one in the future? i hate joy-to-key and i always get confuse with xpadder ¬¬
Unfortunately, I'm not aware of anything, and a quick Google search didn't turn anything up.

Call me a major noob if you wish, but what program do you guys use to make and animate your sprites?
A lot of pixel artists use Graphics Gale, although you'll have to save animations as strips with the free version. I use GIMP, but it has a terrible learning curve and isn't especially suited to animation. Using Photoshop for pixel art seems a bit silly, but it works fine for that purpose.

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 27, 2010, 10:42:57 AM »

how sad. i'll have to do an effort and use Xpadder T.T

thewojnartist
Level 3

Lead Designer and Artist at WojWorks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: May 27, 2010, 04:10:02 PM »

My brother was hoping to ask a couple questions regarding programming:

Yeah, this is Goodbye's brother.  Unlike him, I'm a programmer.  I was annoyed at the fact that you guys didn't add the ability to customize the controls for using the joysticks.  I'm not that familiar with what you've programmed so far, so I may not be familiar with all of the complications, but I dabbled with it for a few minutes and was able to make the attached program.

It is a simple menu in which you can assign keyboard keys and joystick buttons/keypad directions/joystick directions to different actions.  Scroll to the action using the up and down arrow keys, and press enter once.  Then press anything on the keyboard or joystick to assign that to the action.

And yes, I use a modified version of the key_string script that you guys are using.

The only problem is that, because of the nature of the key-pad, pressing two directions at the same time count as separate instances from pressing left, right, up, or down separately, which would cause playability problems.

Anyway, to get to the point, you guys already know how to do this, I'm sure, but I'd like to make sure its on the list of things to do.  Also, if you're ever shorthanded as far as programmers go, I would also be willing to lend a hand.

Hey, this is Goodbye again. About the "attached program"...Does anyone know a good file host?
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: May 27, 2010, 04:12:32 PM »

Hey, this is Goodbye again. About the "attached program"...Does anyone know a good file host?

Depositfiles or megaupload are decent.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: May 27, 2010, 06:55:23 PM »

I like box.net. The bandwidth limit is a bit low, but it is perfect for sharing files for a collaborative project like this.

Anyways, I'd love to add your controller customization code. It was on my to-do list, but this will make the process much quicker. Thanks a lot for doing this.

Coding isn't in desperate need of help, but if you want to help (don't feel obligated  Gentleman ), there are a few tasks I could pass along. I apologize if some of the code is poorly-organized; I'll be doing some refactoring over the summer.

PS: There are directions in the Readme for changing controller controls, if you don't want to wait for the integration.

thewojnartist
Level 3

Lead Designer and Artist at WojWorks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: May 27, 2010, 07:15:28 PM »

I like box.net. The bandwidth limit is a bit low, but it is perfect for sharing files for a collaborative project like this.

Anyways, I'd love to add your controller customization code. It was on my to-do list, but this will make the process much quicker. Thanks a lot for doing this.

PS: There are directions in the Readme for changing controller controls, if you don't want to wait for the integration.
http://depositfiles.com/files/w0p3qxva7
If there is any trouble, tell us. It was made it the Lite version of GM8(we're meaning to get Pro, but keep on forgetting). It isn't an edit of Indie Brawl, but my brother says he can do that if need-be. We also have the Pro edition of GM7 if you are programming using that.
Zelonod the evil pudding
Level 0

I'm tasty evil pudding

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 02, 2010, 02:43:24 AM »

HINT: don't play as liero against nikujin, xoda and other melee characters. you'r screwed if you do that.

I like pudding.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic