Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 03:26:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Meta
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Meta  (Read 72882 times)
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: January 30, 2011, 11:06:05 PM »

From the looks of things, they are running monthly game making competitions, and they named themselves "Indie Brawl" because it's indie game devs 'fighting'. They used the same name by coincidence, which isn't completely their fault, but they are stealing our logo, which is their fault.
By "isn't completly" I mean that if you do a google image search of your company name, and find a fancy logo of that name, it's a good indicator that someone else is already using that name.
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 31, 2011, 06:49:32 AM »

I don't believe this. This guys didn't even knew about Indie Brawl My Word!? what a jerks >:C

They only think of me like an awesome ninja cat.
Dailyman
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 01, 2011, 06:36:26 PM »

Development has slowed down some huh? It'll probably pick up again in the summer, haha

What's currently being worked on at the moment? What needs the most work?
ink.inc
« Reply #223 on: February 01, 2011, 06:38:06 PM »

As soon as the Versus Compo ends, I'll probably get back into helping this project come to fruition. And now that I've gotten fairly competent in GML, I can help code-wise as well. :D
Widget
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 02, 2011, 04:09:07 AM »

What needs the most work?

Spriting. It's always spriting  Wink
Someone was talking about working on Xoda Rap but, if he has that covered, I'm not sure which character would be next.
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: February 02, 2011, 08:40:52 AM »

As far as spriting goes, the top priority should probably be finishing the three incomplete characters. Xoda isn't too far from completion, and Turner and Trilby are also getting there. Barkley has been programmed but not yet added, so he would be the next priority.

It would also be nice to get some more animations for support characters. Plenty of them are sprited, but only a few are actually animated.

Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: October 13, 2011, 03:55:07 AM »

Is this project still alive? I downloaded the latest build a week or so ago and played it against a friend of mine with some USB game pads. It was quite enjoyable, if incomplete. It would be nice to see this finished.

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 13, 2011, 04:47:36 AM »

AFAIK Soulliard is kinda busy with... well, his stuff Blink

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: October 14, 2011, 11:34:44 PM »

It's on hold for now. I'd love to work on it more, but I don't have the time to give it the attention it deserves. I hope, at some point, my schedule opens up so I can get back to working on it. Smiley I don't know when that would be, though.

Really, the project just needs another programmer. If someone is able to volunteer some time to help out with the programming, then the project could get some forward momentum again.

ignaciobalbuena
Level 0

Score!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: October 19, 2011, 08:44:50 PM »

I just dowloaded this a couple of days ago and gave it a try fighting my roomie. It's a really nice game! I loved the pixel art and the style, I hope it can get completed!

Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: October 21, 2011, 12:20:47 PM »

Really, the project just needs another programmer. If someone is able to volunteer some time to help out with the programming, then the project could get some forward momentum again.

It's in Game Maker, right? I don't know any GML, unfortunately. I'm a Flash guy. Sad

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: October 23, 2011, 04:06:01 PM »

Right.

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 01, 2011, 02:27:34 PM »

We had a discussion over representing Garden Gnome Carnage recently, and with the release of Hyper Princess Pitch, it's a discussion worth bringing up again.

I want to bring up the idea of the GGC stage once more, for starters. Roof of the moving building, we could involve the bungee gnome somehow. Exploding bricks are a must.

Second, Princess Pitch herself could make a good support character, what with her three different guns and her suplex attacks.
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 02, 2011, 04:39:30 AM »

I haven't played Hyper Princess Pitch yet (it's on my downloads folder, waiting...) but I really support the idea of a GGC stage. It could be a scrolling stage  Blink

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: December 02, 2011, 09:35:43 AM »

Sounds okay to me. Smiley

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: December 06, 2011, 04:38:41 AM »

Princess pitch might even have enough attacks to be a full character. We already have a lot of projectile characters, but let's see how many possible moves I can list off: (just vague ideas, not actual moves)

Bricks
Icethrower
Rainbow shots; Shooting them at an angle with the bounce could be neat.
Suplex
Counter; could be separate from the suplex.
Triple shot of something; probably bricks
Rainbow laser; (rainbow with the "power" pickup)
Golden bricks
Catstrike

There's the 3 secret pickups too. I've found one of them, I don't remember it that well, but I think it was a giant explosive flamethrower that covers like half the screen. Can't see it working well as a move though. I haven't unlocked all the tips yet, could be some stuff there I haven't seen.

I think she could work as a character, but some of her moves would have to be dumbed down a bit, and like I said we already have a bunch of ranged characters that she would be all that different from.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: December 06, 2011, 06:21:51 AM »

Another big problem is that she is a parody of a more well-known mainstream game character.

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 07, 2011, 04:09:20 PM »

Another big problem is that she is a parody of a more well-known mainstream game character.
Seriously? I thought the issue with her as a character was that she wasn't a memorable indie character like Spelunker and Trilby were.
And I must know what she's a parody of. I understood the game was a parody of some DOS game; that doesn't sound mainstream or well-known at all.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #238 on: December 07, 2011, 07:37:40 PM »

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 18, 2011, 06:45:12 PM »

Aside from her name and the pink dress it's hardly a parody.
I'm not defending it though, doesn't matter.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic