Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1038434 Posts in 41964 Topics- by 33589 Members - Latest Member: MatthewHayden14

September 02, 2014, 10:58:36 PM
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperCreativeCollaborationsArchived ProjectsIndie Brawl (Moderators: Clemens, Soulliard)Indie Brawl: Meta
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Meta  (Read 49320 times)
capn.lee
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: January 18, 2011, 05:28:26 AM »

I think a meatboy stage would work quite well, a foresty level with fire and buzzsaws at the edges of the stage to replace simply being knocked off the platforms, maybe with a gratuitous spray of blood where they left the stage.
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #211 on: January 18, 2011, 08:00:13 AM »

SuteF would be a fairly interesting stage. There would be no ring outs, naturally, but maybe you'd have to knock your foes into lasers? Or you could use the main character and have him fire a huge laser. But movewise, the character is fairly limited.
Hm. No ring outs would make the stage unplayable.

You missed the obvious in Super Crate Box! a SCB stage, with waves of enemies that arrive to make it harder to maneuver.
Neither the art style nor the level design of SCB really stood out to me. It's the gameplay that sets the game apart. There are many more iconic and memorable locations in indie games.

meat boy could run across the stage being chased by a few saws flying after him
He already has a planned attack. He will run across the stage, leaving a trail of slippery meat juice behind him.

I think a meatboy stage would work quite well, a foresty level with fire and buzzsaws at the edges of the stage to replace simply being knocked off the platforms, maybe with a gratuitous spray of blood where they left the stage.
But this is all very generic stuff. The buzz saws are the only imagery from the forest area that are really iconic, and I don't think that's enough to base a stage on.

MaloEspada
« Reply #212 on: January 28, 2011, 05:15:31 PM »

i guess it's pretty much notable that the game is moving at a slow pace, and i think that's mainly due to graphics.

my question is, is it worth hiring someone to make the graphics? an animator, or something like that. depending on the community's interest, this is pretty much going to turn into vaporware, or just take a very long time to get done.

sorry to come up with such a pessimist post, but i really would like to see this get done asap.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #213 on: January 28, 2011, 09:19:42 PM »

A lot of the slowness is my fault, at the moment. I'm being kept very busy with school.

The game isn't too far from a 'finished' state, once the AI coding is done. It just won't have too many characters or stages. So it will get released one way or another. The amount of interest really just determines how much content is in the game.

MaloEspada
« Reply #214 on: January 29, 2011, 09:56:00 AM »

maybe the first 'polished' release will heat up the interest to other people, bringing more spriters for new content.

good luck, soulliard
John Sandoval
TIGTumblr Editor
Global Moderator
Level 10

king piss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: January 30, 2011, 12:30:31 AM »

Soulliard, are you aware of this?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/IndieBRAWL/194746730542726?v=wall

They're using the Indie Brawl logo...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 12:36:01 AM by John Sandoval » Logged

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #216 on: January 30, 2011, 06:25:46 AM »

That wasn't made by me, or anyone else I know. I don't see any contact info, though, besides the Facebooks wall.

I'll look into it more after the GGJ.

MaloEspada
« Reply #217 on: January 30, 2011, 09:25:35 AM »

also this:
http://twitter.com/IndieBRAWL

they even have a site.
John Sandoval
TIGTumblr Editor
Global Moderator
Level 10

king piss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: January 30, 2011, 12:04:09 PM »

It says they're running monthly competitions...

John Sandoval
TIGTumblr Editor
Global Moderator
Level 10

king piss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: January 30, 2011, 10:18:15 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/#!/permalink.php?story_fbid=195891173761615&id=194746730542726

John Sandoval: ... is this page being run by Soulliard? Also, does this have anything to do with the Indie Brawl community Project on TIGSource? It says you're running monthy competitions, so I don't really think so... You do realize that the logo you're using belongs to the Indie Brawl project on TIGSource.

IndieBRAWL: Yes to everything you said except "Soulliard" And yes, this is just a temporary logo. We found it on google, and I didn't see it anywhere else so it's temporary. Our artist is a little busy but will get on it asap. Thanks for the somewhat warning.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 11:12:56 PM by John Sandoval » Logged

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #220 on: January 30, 2011, 11:06:05 PM »

From the looks of things, they are running monthly game making competitions, and they named themselves "Indie Brawl" because it's indie game devs 'fighting'. They used the same name by coincidence, which isn't completely their fault, but they are stealing our logo, which is their fault.
By "isn't completly" I mean that if you do a google image search of your company name, and find a fancy logo of that name, it's a good indicator that someone else is already using that name.
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile Email
« Reply #221 on: January 31, 2011, 06:49:32 AM »

I don't believe this. This guys didn't even knew about Indie Brawl My Word!? what a jerks >:C

They only think of me like an awesome ninja cat.
Dailyman
Level 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #222 on: February 01, 2011, 06:36:26 PM »

Development has slowed down some huh? It'll probably pick up again in the summer, haha

What's currently being worked on at the moment? What needs the most work?
John Sandoval
TIGTumblr Editor
Global Moderator
Level 10

king piss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: February 01, 2011, 06:38:06 PM »

As soon as the Versus Compo ends, I'll probably get back into helping this project come to fruition. And now that I've gotten fairly competent in GML, I can help code-wise as well. :D

Widget
Level 2

View Profile Email
« Reply #224 on: February 02, 2011, 04:09:07 AM »

What needs the most work?

Spriting. It's always spriting  Wink
Someone was talking about working on Xoda Rap but, if he has that covered, I'm not sure which character would be next.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic