Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 08:56:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeCOLLABORATION
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Print
Author Topic: COLLABORATION  (Read 82302 times)
dillomatic
Level 0

i'm the worst at what i do best!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: December 08, 2009, 11:31:10 AM »

2d artist looking for programmer to make beautiful games together

i do not want some story heavy ridiculousness

i do not want a deep, engaging matserpiece

i want to make some fun little things to play with and if that turns into something, thats cool

i really don't care what language/engine you want to do

hit me up, yo

i am great.
Bones
Level 10

3 Months Sober

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: December 21, 2009, 08:04:17 AM »

I am in search of the perfrect programmer partner in crime.
Because I am jonesing to make a game, my problem with making a game right now is I cant code.  Tired
Whenever I try it's like falling down a tree and hitting every branch on the way down.

I already posted in this thread but that was a few pages back.  Huh?
And I never got any bites back then either.

To start things off I will post my galleries and then some youtube videos of games I have already worked on in GM either by myself or with others.
My Portfolio
Pixeljoint Gallery

Games

#0080FF Shmup
TDSRPG

If you like my ideas send me a PM with some examples of your work.
Or just post right here and we'll get things started.

There has to be someone out there who wants to make something.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 08:08:03 AM by Bones » Logged

Sit down and relax,
Keeping focus on your breath,
This may take a while.

Lazycow
Level 2

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: December 24, 2009, 03:55:54 AM »

There has to be someone out there who wants to make something.
Hi Bones,

I would still be interested in working with you on your "Lectro" project...

regards,
Lazycow

<Nanovoid><Treasureline><Pharaohs Return>
Zulli: "Is this game really being programmed or are you just torturing us?"
Fugsnarf
« Reply #223 on: January 02, 2010, 10:02:20 PM »

I'm looking for someone who can help with me with the pixel work for a project of mine that I am programming.

The game is a Zelda-style game (Zelda-style being the type of gameplay, attacking enemies in real time with your sword or whatever weapon). I'm looking for preferably 16-bit work, but really anything lower than than would work too as long as it looks nice. If you want to help me out, please comment and we can figure something out.

The game will use a modified version of the engine used in this demo: http://www.byond.com/games/Fugsnarf/ZeldaLinksAwakeningPixelMovement

Yes, the game is programmed using the DM (BYOND) language. Fear not, as that demo shows, I know how to make quality games even with the DM language. BYOND also now supports the ability to run a localized version of BYOND through an exe file, so that outsiders don't have to download BYOND to play it.
Dr. Weird
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 05, 2010, 02:15:00 AM »

Noir My story isn't a happy one. For the longest time, I've had visions of games...these free-floating ideas that I can only dream of making real...well, now I've decided to man up and ask Internet people to do it for me.
I do have a half-decent spriter and dormant music-maker I could motivate, but what I really need is a coder. The most-developed idea I have so far is for a 2D sidescroller reminiscent of Castlevania starring an Empusa (not Succubus, as that causes riots). It'd be more combat-oriented with puzzles being more "think on the fly" deals, and allow new movepools to be accessed after each boss.
There's more, but that's more than enough for those not in the project team. Ninja

UPDATE: My spriter wasn't pulling his weight, and was dropped from the team. I no longer care what designing skill you have, if you're interested, message me. Additionally, a friend has offered an AI program that he thinks can be adapted, so no AI programming expertise is needed for coders.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 02:44:30 PM by Dr. Weird » Logged
JWVHewitt
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: January 05, 2010, 06:36:41 AM »

My name is Joseph Hewitt, and I program a roguelike game called GearHead. I'm looking for a sprite designer and a graphics programmer.

About the Game
GearHead is a scifi roguelike RPG. It was inspired by the Real Robot mecha cartoons of the 80s and 90s. The game is open source and is released under the LGPL. More details are available at the homepage and wiki:

http://www.gearheadrpg.com/
http://gearheadrpg.com/wiki/

Sprite Designer
I'd like to replace the character sprites currently being used in the game; I did them myself, so most of them are pretty terrible. 30 designs are needed (15 job types x male and female versions). Each design needs 8 rotations. I've started a thread at the GearHead forum which has more details:

http://www.gearheadrpg.com/forum/index.php/topic,1158.0.html

Graphics Programmer
I'm looking for someone to take over the 3D graphics programming duties for GearHead2. Your duties would include beautifying the game, improving speed/stability, and fixing some of the things which don't work correctly yet. GearHead is written in FreePascal and uses OpenGL/SDL for rendering. As mentioned above it's licensed under the LGPL.

Compensation
I can't afford to pay anyone for their work on GearHead but I can offer to send them anime memorabilia from Korea and/or some of the print comics that I've written.
asiekierka
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 05, 2010, 08:41:56 AM »

I'm looking for an 8-bit pixelarter for a NES game, "Lord Digmaster".

Yes, I do mean an actual NES game, not a NES-style game.
I will be happy (as the programmer) to explain the palettes and the kinds of stuff that'll be needed.
Basically, there will be some kinds of 16x16 blocks (10 or so designs i guess) and then the player sprites one design of a player (builder) (probably 16x32 or so). Also, some sort of bigger logo for the title/menu screen, I'll be happy to discuss that too. Discussion happens on IRC i guess. If anyone feels like it, please tell me. Credit will be there, of course.

BTW, the game is Minecraft/Infiniminer-esque, but 2D. Also, multiplayer :D

EDIT: fixes

JlmC
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 05, 2010, 08:43:25 AM »

Hello Community,

Orbital Studios is now looking for people who want to expand ideas, concepts, and more.

Right Now we are producing a Wiiware game, so we are looking for people who want to integrate to our team.

Right now we are looking for artists. We already have a base of the game. We will show it to you, and then you'll decide if continue with the project or not.

Current Members:

LG Medina: Lead Game Designer/Game Director, Character/Maps Designer.
Diego Osorio: C/C#/C++ Programmer.

Looking for:
interface Artists (Backgrounds, maps).

If you decide to integrate to our groups, this is the payment method:
We going to share EXACTLY every income of the game.

Any interest? [email protected]

Thank you.
Mayakashi
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 06, 2010, 06:30:25 PM »

I'm looking for a 2D artist to do some realistic top-down sprites for a game I've been tinkering with on and off since I was in college. I previously had an artist, but he has since gotten a real job and doesn't have the time to sit around making sprites all day anymore. The programming is almost completely done, but much of the art is still unfinished, and due to some changes in requirements, a lot of what I already have needs to be redone as well.

The game is basically Crimsonland meets Defend Your Castle, or any of the other castle/tower defense games out there. You control a character and must defend a town from waves of enemies. After each level, you can spend money you've earned to build new defenses, recruit a variety of soldiers, and buy new weapons for your character.

The assets I specifically need are a number of buildings, characters (with animations), and effects, all from that top-down perspective, along with pretty much the entire UI (buttons, panels, icons, and the like). As for compensation, I can afford to pay a little bit up front, but I don't have a ton to spend. We can discuss the details.

Contact me by PM if you're interested.
Colon Semicolon
Level 2

GREAT WARLORD ATLUS SAN

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 14, 2010, 03:00:35 PM »

Currently seeking a 2D effects artist (explosions, smoke puffs, thruster trails, flares, that sorta thing) for work on a top-down 2D shooter that uses both 3D and 2D graphics. only 2D artists needed right now, all 3D is being handled currently.
The game design is built around the use of 'options' as the key way the player interacts with the game, rather than directly attacking as in most shooters. The style and gameplay takes heavy influence from Raizing titles. (notably Battle Garegga and Armed Police Batrider)

Current progress on assets and engine as shown:

Engine handles both 2D images and 3D models, but level design aspects of the engine have not been implemented yet.

also, a somewhat outdated video of the formations system in action:

I can assure that I, the programmer, and the second modeller will work to the best of our ability to keep you up to date should you wish to offer your services. I will also give you a basic roadmap of what is needed, what is done, and what the basic timeline things need to be finished in.
If you wish to help, contact me via PM, email, or your preferred IM client. (you can find the second and third contact info in my profile.)

I look forward to working with you, those who choose to offer their services.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 04:40:44 PM by Colon Semicolon » Logged

DINGLING DONGLE DORKS AGAIN ARE WE?
sweaty swamp butt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 17, 2010, 07:50:01 PM »

I am looking for seven writer/designers. Yes, seven.

Why such a large amount? Wellllllll...

I am attempting to make a fan sequel to Squaresoft's not-so-hit game Live-A-Live. Basically, the concept of the game is that there are seven distinct scenarios in which the player may pick and play through individually at their own leisure. Once all seven chapters have been completed, all the stories are brought together in a finale scenario. (Actually, there are nine chapters. Beating the original 7 unlocks a 8th chapter which builds up to the scenarios coming together, and then a 9th final one once they have already all be tied into each other.)

The main draw here is that each of the chapters plays completely differently, as the have been written and designed by completely different groups of people. The only thing that stays static is the sprite style and the battle system (which isn't even used in some of the chapters).

What I am looking for are seven different people/groups to write and design these chapters, with the ability to make their own chapters very unique in one way or another.
kenesque
Level 1

mover of pixels

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 17, 2010, 08:31:55 PM »

Hey, I'm a pixel artist looking for a programmer to collaborate with me on a pretty basic platform game. Lack of experience is fine (This would be my first major project), and I'm not picky as to how the game is programmed (game maker, XNA, whatever), as long as you can A) Finish the game B) Have enough expertise to finish it. Then that would be great.

I'd like to design it but if you have a good amount of experienced, I'd be willing to just do the graphics.

Alternatively, if anyone is doing a project that's already in development and needs someone to help on graphics, I'd be willing to help

Basically I just want to do and finish a small scale project so I have a very solid understanding of the process and gain experience in game development. Seeking anyone who is looking to do/for the same.

Contact -
AIM: alotofeffs
Mail: [email protected]
jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 18, 2010, 01:41:22 PM »

I am attempting to make a fan sequel to Squaresoft's not-so-hit game Live-A-Live.

Oh my. I love the idea, but you'll want to be careful throwing around something like that: I'd hate to see you stopped with an overzealous CEASE AND DESIST notice. And with Squenix, there's most definitely historical precedence for just such nonsense  Concerned
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 18, 2010, 02:44:48 PM »

I am attempting to make a fan sequel to Squaresoft's not-so-hit game Live-A-Live.

Oh my. I love the idea, but you'll want to be careful throwing around something like that: I'd hate to see you stopped with an overzealous CEASE AND DESIST notice. And with Squenix, there's most definitely historical precedence for just such nonsense  Concerned

The best idea is just to make it a 'spiritual successor' and just call 'heavy influences from Live-A-Live'.  Durr...?

Also, I'd be interested if you got a few more people! I'd love to make a project, especially one unique like that, with seven stories and all. Count me in, when you get a team!
sloopygoop
Level 0

8-bit magical sounds...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: January 20, 2010, 12:38:55 PM »

What I am looking for are seven different people/groups to write and design these chapters, with the ability to make their own chapters very unique in one way or another.
Sounds pretty interesting.  I've PM'd you.

My music:
Danrul
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 21, 2010, 10:39:35 AM »

Why hello there.

I've recently been throwing together graphics for a sexy low poly 3D tower defense game, because quite frankly, I think it'd be quite awesome to do.  I'm just looking for an interested coder who wants to throw together something fun, hectic and easy.

Found my man, its all good.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 11:23:51 AM by Cosmic Fool » Logged
Greg Game Man
Level 5

i have to return some videotapes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: January 21, 2010, 05:14:43 PM »

if you are very talented at AS3, and  wanna make a brilliant flash game and a heap of money. send me a PM.

http://greg-anims.com <<heres what i can do

Mephs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 23, 2010, 06:14:10 AM »

Hey everyone,

I'm a coder and I'm looking for a designer/artist (either or both!) to collaborate with on a project.

The thing with me is I love design as well, but I'm rubbish at sticking with a single idea and need someone to provide the design focus whilst I just worry mainly about the coding, though I like to have some design input, but preferably more so in the area of the smaller details rather than the overall design.

I currently work as a programmer for the MMO - Football Superstars (footballsuperstars.com), so this would just be a personal side-project for me rather than something I can commit to full time, but I am dedicated to wanting to get a personal project done and out the door!

I'm currently using Ogre as my rendering engine with the aim to probably use it for 2D rendering, but would consider a simple 3d game as well.

I like sci-fi and fantasy themed games, but I'm open to alternative themes if the gameplay idea has a good enough hook.  I'm not looking to make anything huge like an MMO or even an RPG, but I want to make something more complex than tetris or match-3 games.

Feel free to contact me here if you'd like to consider working together, or mail me at [email protected].

Thanks a lot Smiley

Steve O
andygeers
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #238 on: January 23, 2010, 01:28:03 PM »

I'm a programmer looking for a 3D environment artist to help on an Old Testament adventure game.

Project name:
Working title "Ebenezer"

Brief description:
A 3D point and click adventure game with the same kind of feel and sense of humour as Monkey Island but based around a story in the Old Testament. I've been working on the concept for about five years, spent the last year writing the story/puzzles and am now seeking to start ramping up the production process.

Target aim:
I'm intending to target the iPhone at first, so will probably seek to be publishing through the Apple App Store either free (as a first project, in order to drum up more interest for a sequel) or pretty cheaply.

Compensation:
I have no budget with which to pay, but anybody who helps will have my eternal gratitude and will be first in line to get on board a bigger-budget sequel if it's successful. Also if you have an Amazon Wishlist I may express my gratitude that way :-)

Technology:
I'm using the Unity engine to develop for iPhone and/or Windows/Mac. At the moment I'm using Blender for the 3D models - Unity supports other formats but for the sake of compatibility with other team members, I'd favour people who use Blender.

Talent needed:
Most urgently I need an environment artist to help model the various scenes/locations. Since I'm targeting the iPhone, you'll have a fairly limited polygon budget, so experience working in such conditions would be a big plus.

Team structure:
At the moment I'm the only official team member, doing the programming and the story/puzzle design. I have other collaborators who've been involved in brainstorming sessions, and another friend who will be helping with the script writing on an ad-hoc basis.

http://www.geero.net/bible-games.html

Contacts:
Email: andy at geero.net

Previous Work by Team:
None in the games industry. I was credited as a software developer on the feature animation movie "The Tale of Despereaux".

Additional Info:
The story revolves around the events of 1 Samuel 8-12 where Saul becomes Israel's first king. You play his manservant, who witnesses all the big events, and ultimately has to decide whether he believes Saul is really able to deliver God's people from Nahash, King of the Ammonites.

tsameti
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 25, 2010, 02:26:47 PM »

Hi folks,
I interested in getting involved with a low commitment group project, your project.

Be aware, I do not have professional games experience. My qualifications are:
University Physics degree
A year programming professional database reporting routines
Hobbyist digital cartooning
Experienced Dungeon/Game Master

The tools I have available:
MacBook
Flash
Apple Dev Kit/SDK (+ iPhone)
Python
Photoshop & Pixen
Blender (I do not know how to use this yet)

I'm not interested in providing ideas for games, I would rather like to accept smaller supplemental projects from you on a project you've already got underway. Auxiliary graphical assets, coding a few routines, bug testing. Little things.

My goal is to slip into the habit of team development, learn more about versioning, bone up on coding, and have some fun working with talented people.
I'm not looking for paid work, Hobbyists only.
I am looking for serious folks, either higher education or some kind of full time professional experience is a must.
I would love to work with folks that I can meet face to face, DC Metro/Baltimore natives would be great!

Current
Poikolos

Permanently on Hiatus
Son, Stranger
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic