Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411414 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 12:49:25 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioSome shigi music
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Some shigi music  (Read 23398 times)
Bood_war
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2010, 05:41:32 PM »

@Supershigi Yes and no. It was originally going to be Blood War (I am also a DnD nerd), but my L key apparently wasn't working. I was also a huge Starcraft fan back then, so I dunno. (Hence me also going by Boodlings). Also, FARTRON thinks that it's Boudoir.

Destral
Level 10

Climbing that mountain...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2010, 07:27:56 PM »

@supershigi:

Just want to say congrats on your nomination, and that the aoundtrack to PvZ is absolutely fantastic, I absolutely love it. I'll occasionally catch myself whistling one of the level themes, and I definitely whistle along whenever I'm playing.

Keep up the fantastic work.

Currently working on: Sword Surfer
supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2010, 04:16:15 PM »

Hi everyone, I uploaded a few more Plants vs. Zombies piano videos last week so I thought I'd share them here:

"Choose Your Seeds" (the music that plays before each level where you choose your plants)

@Bood_War: Hahaha... FARTRON is like the best name ever.  I think I noticed his avatar ("last man in space"?) and I cracked up.  I just imagined a man farting everyone out of existence.

@Destral: Thank-you ^_^ I'm really glad you like it! 

Laura Shigihara | Composer and Game Designer
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter
increpare
« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2010, 04:23:53 PM »

I'd watch your pedalling (towards the end) in watery graves ;P  I like moongrains - it felt pretty stylistically together to me.
supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2010, 04:44:14 PM »

@increpare: Ah, I know what you're talking about with the pedal... Unfortunately I think recording with the iPhone is what's causing it to sound muddy during that part.  I'm doing the proper pedal-lifts, but it still seems to sound like I'm holding it down the entire time doesn't it?  Hopefully in the future I'll figure out how to improve the acoustics when I make these videos Tongue  And thank-you for your comment about Moongrains ^_^

Bood_war
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2010, 04:54:31 PM »

Like the piano versions very much.

They make me really want to take up the piano again...

deathtotheweird
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2010, 09:54:10 PM »

so late to the party (a year!) but I just now saw this in the fight thread pollution thread

so adorable.
Brother Android
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2010, 10:05:36 PM »

so late to the party (a year!) but I just now saw this in the fight thread pollution thread

so adorable.
Haha, that cracked me up.

supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2010, 06:14:41 PM »

A bunch of people were asking me to do a piano version of Dr. Zomboss' theme, which I honestly didn't think I could do at first.  The original version has a lot of synth instruments and it's really beat-centric, not to mention "busy"... but I gave it my best shot and came up with something this week.  I realized through the process that my fingers are not in classical-music-playing-shape anymore... they're always exhausted afterwards.  I suppose that means I need to pick up Hannon exercises again, haha... Anyways, here's a link to that video:

@Bood_War: Thank-you Smiley  Ah, you should take up the piano!  When I was in college, I'd go long stretches without playing the piano (because I had no access to one), and I found that once I started playing again it really lowered my stress level... well, provided I wasn't playing a frustrating piece, hehe Tongue

@allen and Brother Android: Oh, haha... I love that video!  That's actually the PvZ artist's son.  He told us that his son now likes watching the video of himself watching the music video... apparently he'll scream "Nooooo" in response to himself screaming "Nooooo" in response to the original "Nooooo" of the music video (so it's like a cascade of Nooooooo's).  I really wish he'd post a video of that, haha Tongue

supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2010, 01:06:57 PM »

I finally got to work on some more music for Melolune, so I thought I'd share:

The Mines of the Orderian Engineer's Guild

This music plays during the dungeon right after the demo... it'll be broken into 3 different pieces (7 combinations) just like with the Upperlands song.  Most of it is dreary and forboding because it takes place in a mine, but from 0:57 til the end it suddenly picks up and becomes more whimsical to match the spirits and other mysterious creatures that live in the area.

Brother Android
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2010, 02:23:44 PM »

Really nice. The orchestration - specifically the string sound - reminds me of N64 era Zelda, and the melody is forboding and well-composed. I like the part where the sound becomes brighter and major key, too; it's a big shift but it feels natural and is nicely melodic. My favorite part is the percussion though; the metallic sounds definitely seem like they belong in a mine, and I like that deep, crunchy thudding with the delay on it.

KM
Level 9

KM "Shilling for CASH!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2010, 10:43:41 AM »

Been lurking this thread for a while now. Just wanted to pop in and say Shigi is super awesome.  Grin I loved the Plants vs Zombies songs, especially the Zomboss theme. (Not sure what the actual name of it was.) I used to sing 'Zombie on your lawn' to my girlfriend until she'd get mad at me. :D

I was wondering also, what DAW do you use for your music?

supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2010, 12:27:57 AM »

I just realized I haven't posted in this thread in a really long time Embarrassed So I figured I should try and share some stuff tonight ^_^ As some of you know, I've been slowly updating my youtube channel with piano versions of my music from Plants vs. Zombies (I'm almost finished, I mainly have "Ultimate Battle" left to do)... and I've been trying to post music from my rpg as well.  Anyways, here are a few of my more recent piano videos, hope you guys enjoy!

Plants vs. Zombies - Rigor Mormist

@Brother Android: Thank-you for your comment... I'm glad you felt the percussion matched the feel of a mining area.  I was hoping the piece would sound forboding, but yet have an uplifting section to match the spirits in the area ^_^

@KM: Hehe, thanks KM Smiley  To answer your question, for my home studio I use Sonar 6 for most of my production and sequencing work, and Soundforge for editing.  For soft synths I like Edirol Orchestral, Cakewalk TTI, DR008 (I love this one... it's a really simple interface that lets me import my own samples for use as percussion), Roland Groove Synth, and EWQL.  I also have some live instruments and a Korg Triton workstation that I love.  And I have a very simple Behringer mixer and AKG condenser mic. 

rogerlevy
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2010, 05:57:35 PM »

dude, even though it within my normally preferred genres, I love Starshine.  I think this is entering my iTunes collection.  it's just ... so ... catchy!!
Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2010, 04:22:13 PM »

Just wanted to say congrats on releasing the PvZ soundtrack, I'm gonna buy it as soon as I can.
supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2011, 05:33:13 PM »

I haven't really added anything in ages, so I thought I'd share my latest video.  I've been fiddling around with my AV setup a lot lately... it's far from perfect, but at least now the microphone doesn't totally distort whenever I play the piano XD

@mcsleepy and Sean: Thank-you ^_^

PostPre
Level 1

Posted

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2011, 12:27:40 PM »

Your voice is wicked soothing, you've definitely been blessed with some great vocal chords.

supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2011, 10:53:50 AM »

Thank-you Postpre Smiley 

I thought I'd share an original song that I wrote kind of recently called "Rewind."  It's about dealing with the realization after losing a loved one that there were so many times you them for granted.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2011, 06:49:36 PM »

also for those who don't know, supershigi is going to be on this album:

http://playforjapan.org/

along with a bunch of other famous videogame composers

Akira Yamaoka (Shadows of the Damned) | “Ex Animo”
Arthur Inasi (Harmonix) | “We Are One”
Bear McCreary (SOCOM 4) | “Maverick Regeneration”
Chance Thomas (Lord of the Rings Online) | “Rise Up”
Hip Tanaka.β (Metroid) | “HVC-1384″
Inon Zur feat. The Lyris Quartet (Dragon Age) | “Remember“
Jason Graves (Dead Space) | “Necromancer”
Koji Kondo (Super Mario Bros.) | “Super Mario Medley On Two Pianos”
Laura Karpman (Everquest II) w/Lisbeth Scott | “Pine Wind Sound“
Laura Shigihara (Plants vs. Zombies) | “Jump“
Mitsuto Suzuki (The 3rd Birthday) | “Play for You”
Nobuko Toda (Metal Gear Solid 4) | “Reminiscence”
Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy) | “Every New Morning“
Penka Kouneva (Prince of Persia) | “White Cloud”
Sean Murray (Call of Duty) | “The Temple Stone”
Tommy Tallarico (Advent Rising) | “Greater Lights“
Woody Jackson (Red Dead Redemption) | “Moshi Moshi”
Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger) | “Dimension Break”

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2011, 09:56:22 AM »

That's amazing, congrats!

Weird how Yamaoka is credited for SoTD rather than his more famous work on Silent Hill though.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic