Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 02:38:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 2Dungeons of Fayte: 1-4 Player Co-op RPG/Sim [DEFINITIVE EDITION]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Print
Author Topic: Dungeons of Fayte: 1-4 Player Co-op RPG/Sim [DEFINITIVE EDITION]  (Read 156140 times)
Calanctus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2010, 09:13:08 PM »

I still haven't been able to figure out why the game has gotten slower for you, Calanctus.
It's actually working fine now. Huh? I wish I knew what the issue was.
Gryphon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2010, 09:43:11 PM »

I saw the link and was like "AWESOME!!" Unfortunately, when I ran it, I got that old "black-box" graphical weirdness that I first had with Spelunky.. does the problem have something to do with the screen-scaling code itself? I ran the original .exe right afterwards and there was no problem..  Huh?
I think it has to do with drawing surfaces in Game Maker (a functionality that is used in pixel-perfect scaling codes). Some video cards just don't like surfaces, so it's usually nice to provide an option/version of the game that runs without them.

Oh ok.. thanks for clearing that up!

Onto the game itself.. I've played it twice with my sister but we keep dying right at the end. It was so much fun, and there's a lot of content as it is! I haven't seen a game like this in ages: a really fun game with really fun multiplayer (plus, it's offline multiplayer! I hate games that have 'online multiplayer only'). Sharing the keyboard was fine, but I also used a gamepad on the second play-through.

Good job on this one, man. If you do anything with this after competition, I have full faith in you that it will be even more awesome. If that is even possible.  Cool

Endurion
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2010, 11:24:06 PM »

Great game!

This is really fun and I've liked what I've seen so far.
pulsemeat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2010, 01:59:20 AM »

Dariusk's fix is awesome and I'm definitely going to put that version up as the "main" game, but I guess I should keep another version available just in case. It's really nice to finally get rid of that blurriness though.
dariusk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2010, 07:10:20 AM »

I saw the link and was like "AWESOME!!" Unfortunately, when I ran it, I got that old "black-box" graphical weirdness that I first had with Spelunky.. does the problem have something to do with the screen-scaling code itself?

Yeah, as someone else pointed out it has to do with some graphics cards. There is a workaround that usually works: if you run a video in full screen mode, even for a second, then try playing the game again, you won't see the black boxes anymore.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2010, 09:43:48 AM »

Fuck you all, scaling blur is awesome, it reminds me of playing games on a TV or arcade screen. Wizard

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
pulsemeat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2010, 08:40:02 AM »

Heh, ok, we'll leave a nice, blurry version just for you. Tongue
Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2010, 10:37:26 PM »

I just voted for your game. After playing through it once, I was completely hooked. I played through the end and have yet to beat the last boss, but it is so much fun to build up your character and try your hand at the hardest parts of the 4 dungeons that I keep returning to your game and will ONE DAY beat the Bone Lord.

Seriously, congratulations, this is an amazing game. Thanks.

Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2010, 11:58:10 PM »

Because it's my favorite game of this compo.

Here, to show my appreciation!  Gentleman

pulsemeat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2010, 04:27:23 AM »

That cover is awesome. Did you base it off the Hillsfar cover? Because that game was actually kind of an influence on DoF's overall concept.
Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2010, 07:33:02 AM »

YES! Your game reminded me of the old NES AD&D games a lot, so I took it as a reference!
Smiley  Hand Thumbs Up Right

kiwi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2010, 09:23:31 AM »

Just wanted to say that this game is awesome and that I can barely wait till the finals are over to try playing with my friends.

Great work  Gentleman

ursula
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2010, 12:09:05 PM »

The friar's healing abilities are definitely useful, and seem to far outweigh the advantages of the other classes' special abilities.  I was able to defeat the Bone Lord!  Hurray!  Thanks for the great game, Pulsemeat!
MisterStone
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2010, 12:24:43 PM »

Game is loads of fun.  I wish I could talk someone else into playing it with me though...

If this was produced in just a month and a half or so, imagine what you could do over a longer period of time!  I hope you either keep working on this, or perhaps a new game in the same vein.

I was wondering: are there any hidden areas in the game, such as secret doors and the like? Walking into walls never produced anything.  Smiley
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2010, 01:38:32 PM »

Best game for me so far (tested half)
a great game all around Gentleman

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
pulsemeat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2010, 11:44:54 PM »

Thanks guys, I appreciate the support! Would you believe the Friar was an attempt to make heals less powerful? Oh well.

There are no hidden areas, sadly. There are lots of things I wanted to put in the game like that, but were discarded in the race to the finish line.
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2010, 03:24:34 AM »

Liked: Great hammy plot. Engaging gameplay. Lots of options allowing for good replay value. Multiplayer co-op Hand Thumbs Up Left

Disliked: The melee attacks were a bit awkward, especially when using a gamepad.

Conclusion: This is a great entry. I had lots of fun playing it.

jakobrogert
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2010, 12:21:27 PM »

Just wow. Throwing these two concepts together of course works fantastically. Great idea and applauds for the execution. Most of all, this is inspiring. The fundamentals of the concept are so good more games of this kind has to be done. It does bring about a certain board-game-y social experience when multiplayed.
Curseman
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2010, 09:32:42 PM »

The fundamentals of the concept are so good more games of this kind has to be done.

Seriously.  I wasn't joking when I said this concept would be a good idea for an XBLA or WiiWare title.  I would pay money for a full length, more randomized, etc version of this, and I'm a huge cheapskate.
jakobrogert
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2010, 02:23:06 AM »

Yes, this game is so full of the happy kind of approachable and quirky design that games used to have. Playful, I believe is the word.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic