Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:09:35 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsAssemblee: Part 2Dungeons of Fayte: 1-4 Player Co-op RPG/Sim [DEFINITIVE EDITION]
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Print
Author Topic: Dungeons of Fayte: 1-4 Player Co-op RPG/Sim [DEFINITIVE EDITION]  (Read 156130 times)
Onza40
Level 0

YES

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: May 06, 2010, 05:30:51 AM »

I have looked at the source, and it would be too much effort for me to figure out what's happening to put one or two new features in, hopefully you're considering making a new version at some point anyway Smiley
Also the level editor lags, quite a lot when there are that many tiles.
pulsemeat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 30, 2010, 02:16:03 AM »

I don't think anybody's going to have much luck picking through the mess I made, but enough people have asked me for the source that I just decided to put it up here:

http://www.yoyogames.com/games/129662-dof-source
lucyisssi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 24, 2010, 07:03:45 PM »

had me playing for way longer than I should have

MattF
Level 0

I eat games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: July 20, 2010, 09:48:36 PM »

Hey I just finished my third straight play-through with my cousin. We managed to beat the Bone Lord 1/3 times. Crazy The game is great!

Small bug: If you use stealth as a thief in the Hall of Legends and then switch your character your new character will appear to be in stealth. A stealthed barbarian would be pretty cool though haha...

\"Video games are not a mere commercial product, they are a form of artistic expression involving creation from script writers, designers and directors.\" - Donnedieu de Vabres
Chubysnow
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 29, 2010, 09:04:35 AM »

I tryed to run this game solo as only a grunt, endgame I had around 90 fortitude but I could have had more. I was pretty much invincible so I took a ton of needless risks which lead to me dying in all the dungeons as well as the bone lord. I play this game every time I have a friend over. Though I think fortitude needs to be more effective, if I try to gain fortitude so I take less damage I hope to take less damage, With 90 fortitude I was still taking damage from green slimes even though I was wearing heavy armor and stuff.

I just notice in the hall of legends a normal attack shoots a bolt, I did not notice this outside the hall of legends, did this new update make all normal attacks shoot bolts? My character committed suicide because he had nothing to do in life, he was only a tank.

How much accuracy do you need to have a 100% chance for a critical hit?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 09:11:00 AM by Chubysnow » Logged
Ardin
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: September 05, 2010, 07:19:06 PM »

I thought it was a REALLY fun game but there is still more you could add on to it like instead of just 4 months its beat all the dungeons then the bone lord will come (or add more months to fight in but keep the 4 weeks then a dungeon). also add more places to go and more to unlock... and i would also think it would be more fun it had achievements (sorry im use to the Xbox360 and PS3) and more classes. sorry about all this extra stuff im asking about but i just think of alot of things while playing games
kario
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 30, 2010, 06:19:38 PM »

i have a question for you pulsemeat. Cool
what does every thing do  and what are they all?
i'm talking about strength fortitude armor etc...
also are you still working on this game?
kario
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 17, 2010, 07:00:51 PM »

Is this still going on?
This game is just too AWESOME!
izackp
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 20, 2010, 11:22:35 PM »

Ok first off I want to say. Really awesome game. The only beef I have with it is the length of time it takes to beat the game, and that its not more "roguelike" (generated dungeons, levels, ect).

Anyways, I took it upon myself to create a joystick DLL for gamemaker so I can play this game with more than just 2 joysticks <.< So Bam heres an updated version with 4 joystick support:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/10/2/1477387//DoF_Joysticks.zip - comes with only the stuff I changed so you need the original game package too.

Only 2 problems:
the quit function for my DLL isnt working (the game freezes when trying to quit the game) so memory is not being freed.

Voting and shopping is super hard to control (no pause between selecting choices) I cant find where and how it works, so I'm going to leave it up to the creator or anyone else.

Also bugs I found in the original game:
Some how with a bucaneer and a longbow archer we duplicated the bucaaneer creating another character that was controlled by the bucaneer.

abilities in the hall of legends stick when switching classes.

occasionally the fire mage one (that sells for 50g) will get 'stuck' at the beginning of the hall of legends battle

I can't remember the other one. Or how to recreate so w/e

*edit - fixed link
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 05:06:17 AM by izackp » Logged
pulsemeat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 24, 2010, 09:00:19 PM »

Hey guys, somebody just gave me a heads up that you guys are still talking about this game. Sorry for being so terrible at forums! I really do appreciate you guys taking the time to post. I love RPGs and I love making them, so I'm glad to see other people enjoy the same kinds of things in them that I do.

So a bit of news... after stumbling around and trying to get hobby projects started in a few different engines (XNA, etc), I've fallen back on GameMaker for my latest. It's another RPG, still co-op but more roguelike-y. I'm still in the early stages of laying the groundwork and getting the core gameplay into a single room. I'll start a thread when I'm further along.

There is ALSO something exciting kinda maybe going on with Dungeons of Fayte, but I can't talk about it yet.

Hey, if anybody's in Montreal and attends the monthly indie meetings, please say hi!

Responses:
Sorry the Hall of Legends is so buggy! I appended it onto the game post-launch so it wasn't very well planned for. I'm just glad to hear that it's generally not game-breaking (although yours sound pretty bad izackp...)

@Ardin - I agree with you about achievements, that's what I was trying to do with the statues actually, but there could certainly be more.

@kario - Here's a summary. Maybe this constitutes spoilers?
Strength = +Damage, greater for melee weapons than ranged (does not affect magic)
Accuracy = +Critical Hit (100 = 100% chance for crit), although you get an additional 2x damage multiplier for hitting something in the back
Fortitude = +Health
Intellect = Faster charging for spells (only useful for mages)
Charm = Decides ties when voting in a party. Other than that, it's only used for events and becoming the mayor.
Armor reduces the amount of damage that you take.

@izackp - That's awesome! I can't freaking believe they still don't support 4 joysticks (or joystick press and release events) in GameMaker 8. Agggggh.
kario
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 30, 2010, 12:38:06 AM »

So, fortitude and armor are basically the same?
pulsemeat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 02, 2011, 02:20:58 PM »

Well, one gives you more health, and one makes you lose less health. So I guess they essentially perform the same function (survivability). Your armor score only comes from your equipment though (and as one of the bonuses from the paladin's bless - and from the summoner's slime form and the knight's shield).
jofadda
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 26, 2011, 12:01:30 AM »

could someone please make a spoiler inclusive guide to bosses, classes, events, etc, and also whats the best single player classes and best stat sets for them?
HenryTB7500
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 19, 2012, 01:34:56 PM »

this game seems awesome but I can't play it because my only computer is a macbook is it posible to make this for macs?
jofadda
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 05, 2014, 06:54:07 PM »

what do the crown(in the under wyrld) and egg(waysteland, when you decide not to eat it) do? i used to know where to take the crown but ive forgotten, and ive never seen the baby dragon appear again after flying off
jofadda
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 24, 2017, 07:35:31 AM »

Sorry for thread necromancy but I seem to be in a pickle regarding dungeons of fayte. I cant run it on anything later than vista or 7 without it crashing(unhandled exception) if I get the event for the fruit or vegetable of wisdom(the tomato in the forest) if its there the game just up and crashes shortly into the forest gameplay. anyone got ideas on why this happens on later OS's and is there a fix? if not it makes the wizarding classes completely unplayable
MrFursa
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 27, 2019, 10:40:30 AM »

Hey lovelies

The link on the first post is dead. Does anyone know where i can download the game?
Cheers!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic