Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 07:08:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralUnanswered questions in the Mario series
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15
Print
Author Topic: Unanswered questions in the Mario series  (Read 48536 times)
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2010, 03:16:59 PM »

The Super Mario Brothers movie was good in the same way Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter was good.

Do you suppose in 1200 years there will be an entire religion based on the Mario World mythology?

After reading this thread it certainly sound plausible.

Especially with all the crazy metaphysical aspects of the game. (People being turned into sentient inanimate objects, a world that only exists when being viewed by the protagonist, etc.)

What does it feel like to pick up the star?  Does one's body actually fluoresce?  Or 1-UP mushrooms, what do those TASTE like, anyway?  Do you suppose they taste like portabellas or do they taste worse, like certain -ahem- other mushrooms?  Can you feel yourself getting another life?  What's that like?

How the fuck does the Rainbow Road actually WORK, anyhow?
rob
Level 8

all 'bout Zumba (absolute pro @ Zumba)

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2010, 03:31:53 PM »

Asking someone about the SMB movie and ET game are good ways to determine whether or not they get their opinions directly from the internet.

I watched it when I was eight.

It still sucked.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2010, 04:51:51 PM »

Mario movie is INDIE, it's not because it does things differently it's BAD  Durr...?

MMM no i'm joking  Big Laff

Gold Cray
Level 10

Gold Cray

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2010, 05:37:57 PM »

If you believe that Hard Rock Zombies represents the pinnacle of cinema, then you will probably like the SMB movie. That or I'm just an anomaly.
Core Xii
Level 10

the resident dissident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2010, 01:45:18 AM »

I thought the movie was great. It sucked, sure, but it was a movie about Super Mario. Plus eh Bob Hoskins is one of my favorite actors.
Lime
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2010, 06:23:55 AM »

whatever you're saying
THE MOVIE WAS FUCKING AWESOME
No.

That's how the game goes,
That's how the lime rolls.
Kekskiller
« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2010, 09:23:08 AM »

Then explain me what you think is so bad about this movie. I think it's a great interpretation of the original Super Mario thing.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2010, 10:21:08 AM »

yep it's ART !

Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2010, 10:25:13 AM »

I do hope someone posted this.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Brother Android
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2010, 11:21:44 AM »

That actually ties into what I was thinking of last night, which is that maybe Bowser and Mario are actually friends, and the continual kidnappings are just to sharpen Mario's skills in case his girlfriend is actually kidnapped. This explains why Mario will amiably let bowser race against him in MarioKart. And this also explains why Bowser always puts some kind of axe or gigantic button that will bring about his own demise in his own castle, as well as why Mario keeps coming back from the "dead".

But that one's pretty good, GoldMatenes - I think the developers may actually have intended that, now that I think about it.

The-Imp
« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2010, 11:37:31 AM »

I thought the movie was great. It sucked, sure, but it was a movie about Super Mario.
And this is why I like the movie! I never, ever, even when I first saw it, thought there would be a Super Mario Bros. movie, and thats really the only thing that mattered to me at the time.

They should remake that, or at least re-release it!
Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2010, 12:03:40 PM »

Wow, I never thought of SMB3 like that.

MY MIND IS BLOWN
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: January 29, 2010, 04:49:06 PM »

MY MIND IS BLOWN

I know, right?

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Phasma Felis
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 29, 2010, 09:04:37 PM »

When Bob-ombs explode, how do they keep from.. y'know, exploding, when they explode?
Aren't they just wind-up toys full of explosives? Suicide drones, basically.

Where the fuck are Peach's bodyguards. I mean, it's been over 20 years. Time to make security tighter.
She's got plenty of bodyguards. Problem is, they're all fucking mushrooms. They can't do shit. That's why they need Mario in the first place.

Also, is there one guy whose name is Yoshi, or is it a species called the Yoshis, or both?
They're a species. In Yoshi's Island, Baby Mario gets handed off to a different (colored) Yoshi at the end of every level.

But everyone seems to act like they're one being, don't they? Maybe Yoshis are a hivemind.

I wonder how he can jump so damn high, and also land without damage.

Does he have Muscles of Metal? Strength of Steel? Tendons of Titanium?

He must do.
Maybe it's a John Carter of Mars thing. Gravity in the Mushroom Kingdom is so much lower than Brooklyn that even Mario's flabby-ass muscles can perform amazing feats.

The story of the original Super Mario Brothers said that Bowser had transformed the citizens of the Mushroom Kingdom into (amongst other things) mushrooms.  The mushrooms in Super Mario Brothers have faces because they are transformed human citizens of the kingdom.
I thought the original manual said that the Goombas were traitor mushrooms who'd been suborned by Bowser? And the super mushrooms were ordinary citizens who were "helping" Mario in some unspecified-but-gigantism-inducing way after being freed from blocks.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 29, 2010, 11:24:28 PM »

This is probably the single geekiest thread in TIGS.

Do continue.

Also I like the idea that Bowser and Mario are in it together. Would explain why they're always teaming up to save the Mushroom Kingdom from bigger extra-dimensional threats.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Ashkin
« Reply #115 on: January 30, 2010, 12:10:59 AM »

What should be the sequel? Unanswered questions in the LoZ series?
Unanswered questions in the Megaman series?
Unanswered questions in the Kirby series?
laserghost
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: January 30, 2010, 12:19:36 AM »

Unanswered questions in the Megaman series?

I actually thought about that one, but figured it might make the forum explode.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 30, 2010, 12:33:55 AM »

I thought the movie was great. It sucked, sure, but it was a movie about Super Mario. Plus eh Bob Hoskins is one of my favorite actors.
What I liked about the movie was that I could imagine that the director actually wanted to make a dystopian sci-fi movie, something like Blade Runner, but the producers told him he had to make a movie based on Super Mario Bros instead. So he basically gave them a big fuck-you and did both at the same time.

Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 30, 2010, 12:48:23 AM »

The real unanswered question here is "Why?"

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
inkBot
Level 2

Bumpity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: January 30, 2010, 01:27:54 AM »

When Bob-ombs explode, how do they keep from.. y'know, exploding, when they explode?
Aren't they just wind-up toys full of explosives? Suicide drones, basically.
I think you misinterpreted me.

From the first Paper Mario we've seen that exploding is a voluntary action, and after exploding, the Bob-Ombs in question are not destroyed when they explode... which doesn't make much sense. It goes against the main principle of explosions.  Crazy

"If there's two ways to interpret something and one is stupid, pick the other way."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic