Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:44:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralUnanswered questions in the Mario series
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15
Print
Author Topic: Unanswered questions in the Mario series  (Read 48534 times)
laserghost
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« on: January 20, 2010, 06:26:07 PM »

Durr...?

the benefits of not thinking too hard on mario games are many.... but just for fun what questions do you have lingering there in the cellar of your mind? Or theories concerning such mysteries?

I was wondering this today. Is Mario rich, or is land just really cheap in the mushroom kingdom? I mean, in super mario land 2: six golden coins, Mario owns (and is apparently the monarch of) an entire island. A freaking island. Did Peach bequeath it to him or something? and what happened to it anyway? If I owned (and was apparently the monarch of) an entire island, I'd never leave. I'd just sit on my thrown on the beach and grow fat off of pina coladas. Peach could move there with me. Bowser can have the rest of Mushroom Kingdom for all I'd care. It's not even cool anymore. I mean did you see world 1-1 in Brawl? freakin slum now. I don't want it. I got a beach.

Also: is Yoshi male or female? seriously the guy pops out more eggs then octo-mom. (topical!)
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 06:28:42 PM »

why does mario never get any.
MaloEspada
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 06:31:10 PM »

Where the fuck are Peach's bodyguards. I mean, it's been over 20 years. Time to make security tighter.
Parthon
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 06:35:49 PM »

Is cake a euphamism? It just has to be.

Mario wouldn't be doing all that just for a kiss, he must be getting at least third from it.

Also, why are the pipes so huge? Is all the plumbing in mushroom kingdom just to carry bowsers massive poops? And how come there are pipes everywhere when Mario(+Luigi) is the only plumper? And he doesn't even come from the kingdom!
The-Imp
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 06:42:33 PM »

Soooo... Are all the koopalings adopted or what? They don't seem to bare much resemblance to their father, and Morton is BLACK!

And do pipes teleport you places, or is there a series of pipes connecting to different areas, towns, underground and hell, can you travel through your own TOILET?

Those mushrooms have faces, were they once living creatures or are they just faced mushrooms?

And why do most toads look the same? I have yet to see a black toad (that would look kinda freaky now that I think about it.).

Bowser's castle can FLY (Paper Mario) I can only imagine how this is achieved, and if its even logically possible.
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 06:44:23 PM »

How is Bowser able to acquire so many castles in such a short period of time? We've seen villages full of the mushroom people,, but what about the Goombas, and the Paratroopas? The only time I've ever seen those was in Paper Mario. And how about that Princess Daisy, eh? What's she doing making all these royal visits when she should be ruling over her own kingdom, wherever the hell that is.

John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 07:08:03 PM »

Where are all the humans? There's the four brothers and two princesses and Pauline. But they've gotta have ancestors, and hopefully descendents!

Does any place in the Mushroom Kingdom show up in more than one game and also look the same in more than one game? That isn't a remake? Or do they shift around all the time like Hogwarts?

Were the paintings in Super Mario 64 portals to places that actually existed somewhere else in the mushroom kingdom or were they little pocket dimensions contained in the paintings?

WTF happens to Mario, physiologically, when he collects a mushroom and grows? Or, for that matter, when he shrinks? It's like he turns into a baby, with a big head. But with a mustache. And why don't his clothes rip like The Hulk when he grows?

Don't even get me started on Mario Galaxy's physics.

What do people eat in the Mushroom Kingdom? Besides Yoshi. Are there any farmers? Do they eat mushrooms? Despite the fact that many of them seem to be mushrooms themselves? What are the Mushroom Kingdom's exports?

Who designed the sewer system? Maybe they're relics of an ancient civilization!

Those wings on Paratroopas... are they attached to the shell, or to the Koopa inside? Judging from the infamous Blue Shell, the wings are attached to the shell itself. Does that mean that the shell is actually alive and in control of the wings, and the Koopa is just a passenger?

Who would win in a fight, Bowzer, King K. Rool, or Wart? Wait, is Wart even a real character, or just a figment of Mario's imagination? The Shy Guys turned out to be real, but Wart never showed up again. Maybe he's dead.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 07:11:29 PM by John Nesky » Logged
knight
Level 3

aka dude4k

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 07:17:26 PM »

Why are shyguys soooo shy?
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 07:22:42 PM »

There is a lot of question that can be answer easily by seeing that they show us only the interesting and teen ready part. We never really get a peak of their normal life.

I assume they show different period a different time, mario is not always a ruler, sometimes just a stupid small house...

Princess daisy was in marioland 1... she was the former ruler of marioland? where is her kingdom? What happen to tatanga (seen on maioland 1 as a final boss, and in marioland 2 as a regular boss of the space level, should have been in mario galaxy...).
What is the story of waluigi?

What happen to pauline? Why mario did break with her? or maybe he still life with her, except she does not mess with his adventure, i think she does not know that mario as an affair with the princess (maybe protocole prevent official union between the two). What about the other kingdom (seen in mario 3)?

In mario world 2, we see the bird leaving in front of a mushroom house with human inside, does they move to brooklyn later? Did mario knew about his origin? What event bring him back to mushroom kingdom? Why is now a plumber and no more a carpenter? When happen to his doctor degree (he was certainly abusing pills so they remove his license)...

Birdo we know it's a man that cross dress, maybe yoshi is not different, their egg (or whatever it is) does not seem to give birth, we only find fertile egg in brick... how that? Maybe it's just hard to tell between yohsi boy and yoshi girl and that both lay egg, except boy have some special unfertile egg that is use as projectile to defend themselves... strange creature indeed, closer to Aliens xenomorph than reptile.

Toad look all the same because we are not use to them, just like you go in a different country the first time and was never expose to the phenotype. Huh wart show up in zelda GB, i assume that shyguy was real and mario dreams about them...

So many question, so little answer

Brother Android
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 07:28:47 PM »

Do Mario and Luigi have a secretly antagonistic relationship? Mario always seems to be upstaging that poor green guy.

Also, is there one guy whose name is Yoshi, or is it a species called the Yoshis, or both?

And why do the Japanese think that things you eat can be turned into eggs?

And we know Bowser has all those children, so where's his wife? (This one honestly eats me up inside.)
The species of mushroom that makes you large. SMB Question
Maybe it's a metaphor for drugs.

John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 07:31:39 PM »

Huh wart show up in zelda GB, i assume that shyguy was real and mario dreams about them...

But that was in Link's Awakening, which was also a dreamworld. Maybe Wart is like Freddie Krueger.
Gold Cray
Level 10

Gold Cray

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2010, 07:35:35 PM »

And why don't his clothes rip like The Hulk when he grows?
Some fabrics stretch.

And we know Bowser has all those children, so where's his wife? (This one honestly eats me up inside.)
Why should he need a wife to have all those children? We don't know anything about his culture really. Marriage might not even exist.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2010, 07:45:08 PM »

What kind of fucked up physiology must Birdo have to be able to lay eggs out of her mouth?

Ashkin
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2010, 08:08:14 PM »

Why doesn't Mario get a head-ache?
Brother Android
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2010, 08:50:26 PM »

Answer: he uses his fist, not his head.

Shade Jackrabbit
Level 10

TIME RANGER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2010, 09:04:31 PM »

her

That's debatable.

["Thread Reader" - Read a thread.]
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2010, 09:08:51 PM »

Epileptic Crazy Screamy

deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2010, 09:21:19 PM »

Epileptic Crazy Screamy

I thought this was common knowledge.

Where in the Mushroom Kingdom does Donkey Kong fit in?  How far is it from the Mushroom Kingdom to Donkey Kong Country?

tweet tweet @j_younger
Ashkin
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2010, 09:22:56 PM »

I just wasn't paying attention.
Moth
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2010, 09:37:00 PM »

Epileptic Crazy Screamy
p.s. bushes are the top 16 pixels of the clouds except a different color

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15
Print