Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 02:59:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralUnanswered questions in the Mario series
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15
Print
Author Topic: Unanswered questions in the Mario series  (Read 48535 times)
Bandages
« Reply #240 on: May 30, 2010, 04:52:35 PM »

What the hell is Wario? An anti-plumber? Why does he live in the modern world? What is this I don't even
gunmaggot
« Reply #241 on: May 30, 2010, 05:32:05 PM »

Wario is an indie game developer.  Like Phil Fish.
laserghost
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: May 30, 2010, 06:01:49 PM »

Wario is an indie game developer.  Like Phil Fish.

haha, I suppose he is, isn't he? Though, he's more like watered down Jazzuo.
TwilightVulpine
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 30, 2010, 06:19:03 PM »

Wario clogs the tubes. Cheesy
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: May 30, 2010, 07:23:59 PM »

wario oversleeps

sometimes

X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 01, 2010, 11:04:31 AM »

For example (more fun tidbits from my friend in neuropsych) there's a type of brain injury which results in the inability to consciously process visual information.

There's another neurological disorder where the victims cannot consciously perceive information on certain sides eg - they draw half a circle and the other half is jagged or non-existant.. I forget names/details (trying to google it), about research showing some parts of the brain were aware of objects but not the parts that related to speech/language. Another example was a woman who only wore makeup on one side of her face (all she saw in the mirror).

destiny is truth pre-op
Sam
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: September 01, 2010, 12:34:17 PM »

Googling "sperry split brain" should get you plenty on issues around making limited areas of the brain aware of an object depending on how it was presented to the patient.  Provided your patient has undergone drastic brain surgery first of course.  Evil

Sadly the study ended up giving a boost to the pseudo-science gibberish of "Oh, I'm a very left brained person."

About that Mario, eh?
Dustin Smith
Level 10

Eskimo James Dean

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: September 01, 2010, 05:14:58 PM »

wario oversleeps

sometimes

Wario Land 2 nods are appreciated.  Hand Thumbs Up Right

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 01, 2010, 05:18:32 PM »

wario oversleeps

sometimes

Wario Land 2 nods are appreciated.  Hand Thumbs Up Right
Oversleeping is the way to reach the secret level.
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: September 01, 2010, 05:40:30 PM »

When the heck are the bros gonna get themselves some real chicks, and leave these princesses "in distress" where they continue to place themselves?

And what's the deal with the lump on Yoshi's tongue? Is it a natural protection from getting it stuck in his nose?

How come the world hasn't decided that warp pipes are the optimal form of mass transit?

Finally, where the heck can I buy a 1up? I've got a dollar, I could use one of those.

zacaj
Level 3

void main()

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: September 02, 2010, 08:08:10 AM »

According to SMB3 each coin is actually a dollar, so youll need 100.  Since you automatically get a life for each 100 you collect, are you somehow buying lives, or is something else going on?

My twitter: @zacaj_

Quote from: mcc
Well let's just take a look at this "getting started" page and see--
Download and install cmake
Noooooooo
Zaratustra
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: September 02, 2010, 08:52:53 AM »

Game developers are indeed anti-plumbers, in that their services don't benefit anyone and encourage constipation.

J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: September 02, 2010, 11:18:43 AM »

Do toadstools reproduce by spores?

hi
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 02, 2010, 11:56:51 PM »

According to SMB3 each coin is actually a dollar, so youll need 100.  Since you automatically get a life for each 100 you collect, are you somehow buying lives, or is something else going on?
Regardless of what you want, your hard-earned money is taken from you and used automatically to pay for an item that acts a safety net for when you get hurt. If you stay safe then you may never need it, but you still have to pay for it regardless.
Obviously, the Mushroom Kingdom has socialized healthcare.

Brother Android
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 03, 2010, 07:59:02 PM »

Regardless of what you want, your hard-earned money is taken from you and used automatically to pay for an item that acts a safety net for when you get hurt. If you stay safe then you may never need it, but you still have to pay for it regardless.
Obviously, the Mushroom Kingdom has socialized healthcare.
Hand Thumbs Up Left

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #255 on: September 04, 2010, 07:24:18 AM »

I actually thought that Mario's insurance service included preemtpive discount from bank account when the fee was achieved.

supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: September 08, 2010, 09:56:43 PM »

In Mario 3, when Mario is wearing the Tanuki suit and turns into a statue, can he pop those rainbow colored discs in the dungeons, or did I dream that?  Cuz I could have sworn I did that when I was younger, but I was never able to reproduce it...

Laura Shigihara | Composer and Game Designer
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter
laserghost
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: November 18, 2011, 01:17:17 PM »

I don't know, but the statue tanuki in Mario 3D land seems to be killing all sorts of stuff I thought was invincible. Sorry Whomps, you die now.

Speaking of the coins in the Mushroom Kingdom- They're circular now in the modern games, but I seem to recall they used to be elongated like a Ryo coin. Was there a vast economic upheaval under Peach's reign, or did they just re-design the currency. And what would one of those old coins be worth now, had Mario saved a few in a jar? Are they gold, or just gold-colored? What material are the red ones made from? It's clearly more rare and valuable then even gold in Mario's world.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 18, 2011, 01:32:43 PM »

they were in perspective before!

laserghost
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #259 on: November 18, 2011, 03:15:57 PM »

Oh yeah, I looked up some video of smb3 and they were rotating. I guess I was remembering from screenshots that showed the inbetween frames. Or, I was thinking of the Yoshi coins from super mario world.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic