Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411424 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 07:47:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralUnanswered questions in the Mario series
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15
Print
Author Topic: Unanswered questions in the Mario series  (Read 48703 times)
TheDustin
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2010, 11:33:49 AM »

I remember seeing in a Nintendo Power way back that somebody made the connection between Koopas and Yoshis. They bear some similarities, the most damning is the premature shell on Yoshi's back. Are they long lost relatives or something? Why are the Yoshi's so enamored with Mario in the first place? In Super Mario World I'd jump off their backs mid-air, sending them into an abyss, to save my own hide. I'm sure after a couple of times they'd catch on and say "fuck this shit".
X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2010, 11:38:57 AM »

Do Mario and Luigi have a secretly antagonistic relationship? Mario always seems to be upstaging that poor green guy.

Also, is there one guy whose name is Yoshi, or is it a species called the Yoshis, or both?

And why do the Japanese think that things you eat can be turned into eggs?

And we know Bowser has all those children, so where's his wife? (This one honestly eats me up inside.)
The species of mushroom that makes you large. SMB Question
Maybe it's a metaphor for drugs.

In one of the Mario Party games, when you're at the "Mushroom Shop", the store owner makes remarks like "There you go. Woa, great stuff! He he". Or such. And think about it.. "There's this guy.. wait, he's a plumber. But the pipes take him to a .. heh, MUSHROOM kingdom. When he eats the mushrooms, HE GETS HUGE and then.. then he eats a flower, and SHOOTS FIREBALLS. and kills turtles and oh man, its gonna be awesome"

destiny is truth pre-op
inkBot
Level 2

Bumpity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2010, 11:41:31 AM »

Super Mario Sunshine. "Mama Peach."  WTF I hate that you're right.

Actually, we are shown in the game that Peach isn't Bowser Jr.'s mother (of course that could have been a lie on Bowser Sr.'s part) I wonder how a normal family day looks in the Koopa household. One dad, witha full-time job as 'evil' tyrant and eight kids (of which 7 are probably neglected by now)

I also got thinking on Boos. They are ghosts... are they the ghosts of the Goombas and Koopas Mario indiscriminately kills repeatedly? (could explain why they can't stand to look at him) Or are they Toads who just failed at life?

How does the angry sun in the desert work? Is it a minitiature sun with a consciousness, or the actual sun? If the latter, why is it so small? And why doesn't it destroy the world when it enters the atmosphere (or even moves at all, completely throwing the planets' orbits out of whack)

How does the eternal staircase work? Was it built into the royal castle before Bowser snatched the Princess away that time. (Maybe it was a security device installed to prevent Bowser from getting past the staircase, which again demonstrates the suckyness of the Mushroom Kingdoms security personnel)

Why does Peach carry a Toad around in her dress? Apart from deflecting projectiles with... uh...

When Bob-ombs explode, how do they keep from.. y'know, exploding, when they explode?

"If there's two ways to interpret something and one is stupid, pick the other way."
TheDustin
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2010, 12:04:09 PM »

I also got thinking on Boos. They are ghosts... are they the ghosts of the Goombas and Koopas Mario indiscriminately kills repeatedly? (could explain why they can't stand to look at him) Or are they Toads who just failed at life?

Actually, in Super Mario Land 2 there were Goomba ghosts that were separate from Boo's.

Gosh I feel like such a nerd.  Durr...?
Kekskiller
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2010, 12:08:26 PM »

There are also shyguy ghosts in Yoshi's Island.
Towerfiend
Level 0

Bleeding for the blood god.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2010, 12:44:59 PM »

Why hasn't Bowser removed that axe?
The-Imp
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2010, 01:16:21 PM »

And why does the axe collapse the bridge in this castles he built EVERYWHERE?
inkBot
Level 2

Bumpity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2010, 01:24:18 PM »

And why didn't Mario take the axe with him and bury it in bowsers face the next time he showed up?

"If there's two ways to interpret something and one is stupid, pick the other way."
Renton
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2010, 01:25:37 PM »

Why didn't Bowser just reach up, catch Mario and bite his head off?
The-Imp
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2010, 01:29:07 PM »

Why didn't Bowser just reach up, catch Mario and bite his head off?
Or stand behind a wall, expecting his eventual arrival, and then burn him to bits? Maybe Bowser is THAT incompetent.

And do paragoombas grow their wings? Can bob-ombs feel, they seem to operate very mechanically, but are given voices in some Mario games (Paper Mario, Mario RPG 3).
MaloEspada
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2010, 01:30:13 PM »

Maybe he intended to activate the axe and kill Mario before Mario reached him!
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2010, 01:31:42 PM »

What happened to Pauline?

EDIT: Oh, she apparently reappears in the Mario Vs. Donkey Kong games. Does Mario cheat Peach with Pauline or vice versa?
inkBot
Level 2

Bumpity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2010, 01:44:23 PM »

Does Mario cheat Peach with Pauline or vice versa?
The more interesting question is what they do when Mario isn't around  Well, hello there!

Brother Android
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2010, 02:04:12 PM »

I think it's a standardized design, like in those cheap housing developments.
What happened to Pauline?

EDIT: Oh, she apparently reappears in the Mario Vs. Donkey Kong games. Does Mario cheat Peach with Pauline or vice versa?
Maybe they're just really good platonic friends, ever think of that?

BoxedLunch
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2010, 03:20:57 PM »

wtf is birdo?!  Outraged
Brother Android
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2010, 03:22:06 PM »

wtf is birdo?!  Outraged
Whoa, that face totally looks like it's saying "wtf is birdo". With sort of an elongated "wh---" at the beginning.

laserghost
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2010, 03:36:09 PM »

I have this theory that boos are exploded bomb-ombs. same general shape, and you can spell boo with letters from bomb-omb.  Who, Me?

oh, and plus: the letters you take out are m and b. as in Mario Bros.  Noir
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 03:41:34 PM by shoo » Logged
JParkWildPockets
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2010, 04:26:27 PM »

Thought this might answer the question before about Mario and Luigi's relationship:

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1912670
Mentalpatient109
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2010, 08:50:11 PM »

And we know Bowser has all those children, so where's his wife? (This one honestly eats me up inside.)
Why should he need a wife to have all those children? We don't know anything about his culture really. Marriage might not even exist.
there was an smb comic focused on bowser attempting to marry peach. your argument is invalid.
Gold Cray
Level 10

Gold Cray

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2010, 08:54:45 PM »

Why should he need a wife to have all those children? We don't know anything about his culture really. Marriage might not even exist.
there was an smb comic focused on bowser attempting to marry peach. your argument is invalid.
I'm glad there is at least one person here who knows how to communicate by inserting thoughts into my head.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic