Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 01:44:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralUnanswered questions in the Mario series
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15
Print
Author Topic: Unanswered questions in the Mario series  (Read 48529 times)
Mentalpatient109
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2010, 08:57:14 PM »

And we know Bowser has all those children, so where's his wife? (This one honestly eats me up inside.)
Why should he need a wife to have all those children? We don't know anything about his culture really. Marriage might not even exist.
there was an smb comic focused on bowser attempting to marry peach. your argument is invalid.
I'm glad there is at least one person here who knows how to communicate by inserting thoughts into my head.

thats just how i roll
laserghost
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2010, 11:35:32 PM »

Thought this might answer the question before about Mario and Luigi's relationship:

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1912670

haha, I was going to post this

but I like that one better.
Core Xii
Level 10

the resident dissident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2010, 01:39:10 AM »

Everything has eyes. Mountains, plants, inanimate objects, clouds, everything. Every god damn thing has a pair of eyes.

How exactly do the "scrolling" levels work? Why is Mario somehow arbitrarily limited to a fixed, moving space within the world, and why does he die if he goes outside it? (note: this occurs to other characters as well, including Yoshi)
inkBot
Level 2

Bumpity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2010, 01:55:05 AM »

Everything has eyes. Mountains, plants, inanimate objects, clouds, everything. Every god damn thing has a pair of eyes.

Not the Piranha Plants, but they still somehow know where Mario is and can spit fireballs in that direction. Do they have tremorsense? Blindsight?

Where are the cannons shooting the giant Bullet Bills? Why doesn't the giant Bullet Bill destroy the landscape when it flies by?

Do the red koopa shells give Yoshi heartburn?

"If there's two ways to interpret something and one is stupid, pick the other way."
Noc
Level 0

Not even I know what I'm doing here.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2010, 03:10:38 AM »

How does Mario sleep at night knowing he's taken the lives of all those Goombas and Koopas away from their families and loved ones? How are there still Goombas, Koopas, Bob-ombs, Piranha Plants, etc. stupid enough to join Bowser's army? When we see Goombas, Koopas, Bob-ombs, etc. exiting pipes right in front of Mario, why does Bowser send them there and not straight into Peaches Castle? Why does Bowser not just create an army of invincible enemies such as Boos, Chain Chomps, Thwomps, Dry Bones, etc. and send THEM into Peach's Castle? Why is Luigi Mario's younger brother, but has grown vertically whereas Mario grows horizontally? Why does Bowser kidnap the toads we find at the end of castles, and keep them alive? Just what ARE Goombas?  Screamy

In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.
LazyWaffle
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2010, 05:51:59 AM »

Is it possible to beat SMB1 without touching the ground?

Lime
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2010, 06:17:15 AM »

Why hasn't Bowser removed that axe?
And why does the axe collapse the bridge in this castles he built EVERYWHERE?

Maybe he intended to activate the axe and kill Mario before Mario reached him!

Just watch the second scene. The rest of the vid sucks.

That's how the game goes,
That's how the lime rolls.
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2010, 07:47:55 AM »

Here's what's always bugged me... In Booster's tower in Super Mario RPG, what exactly is Bowser doing with the chain chomp when he says something like "Mario, she's a bit shy. Mind looking the other way?"

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2010, 03:23:22 PM »

Here's what's always bugged me... In Booster's tower in Super Mario RPG, what exactly is Bowser doing with the chain chomp when he says something like "Mario, she's a bit shy. Mind looking the other way?"

Talking with it I think. I forgot that, but I think he was probably just chatting with it? I don't know actually.
Carl
Level 0

rugs and roses

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2010, 03:44:52 PM »

How does a flashing flower give you the ability to throw fire-balls?

Why does mario and luigi not have any tools for example a wrench?

How do they die and come back?Do they have clones?

How old is mario?

Why did mario decide to be a hero?

Yours Sincerely<br /><br />Carl
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2010, 04:33:30 PM »

You guys crack me up damnit :D

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
powly
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2010, 05:19:11 PM »

Has Mario actually ever plumbed anything, and if so, did he get paid well? Why can't we do it in the games? Where did he learn to do his job? (if he actually can do it and is not a terrible cheater!)

And why on earth do his clothes change colour when he eats a flower? Is he terribly messy and spills it all over himself or what? Or does he eat it at all?
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2010, 06:16:02 PM »

Actually, Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga has a plumbing puzzle.
Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2010, 06:35:21 PM »

This thread is gold.
Comedy gold.

What I'd like to know is how they built the castle at the end of world 7 in SMB1.

Did they like, extend it into 4D space to get it to loop back on itself?  Noir
Core Xii
Level 10

the resident dissident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2010, 07:02:23 PM »

Also in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2010, 07:33:28 PM »

Also in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time.

Look like all the mario they have a small house ... (hint: not yet a castle)

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2010, 10:23:13 PM »

In order to understand many of the weirdness of the games, let’s study the components, staring with items.

Mushrooms in the Mushroom Kingdom are actually a very infectious sort of fungi, but they are symbiotic with human beings. When ingested, they begind to spread rapidly across the human host and start growing an outer layer that replicates the host body unitl it becomes a sort of additional tissue that enlarges and protects the host against threats. This is why Mario apparently grows. He doesn’t; it’s the mushroom’s extra tissue that makes him increase in body mass.

Koopa’s primary source of food are said mushrooms, but accorss the centuries they developed antibodies in the saliva against the fungal spread, since previous Koopa generations found this effect lethal, as the shell suffocated the increased body mass. This is why Mario shrinks – the koopas bite him and their slaive starts deteriorating marios defensive layer.

Flowers are likely a natural solar panel of sorts. In addition (or maybe instead of) photosynthesis, the flowers can store sunlight and dump the excess as concentrared flames. Mario actually doesn’t eat them, he just borrows them, but they are probably eaten by the koopas to prevent Mario from using them. They are basically disarming mario.

Stars are probably radioactive meteorite pieces. Humans are immune to its effects, but most other races are pathetically sensitive towards it. Obviously the radiation effect wears out rather rapidly as it gets exposed to the environment.

Now, as for the nations. Mushroom Kingdom’s strength lies it is agriculture. Mushrooms exports made the kingdom very, very wealthy. It was originally ruled by humans and actually had a moderatedly strong military force.

Koopas, on the other hand, lived in a very poor nation, having been built on very sterily wastelands. A superstitious lot, they often engaed in religious civil wars. Magikoopas were both sorcerers and the spiritual guides. It wasn’t until the arrival of Kamek that the Koopas were actually unified with the goal of forming a vast empire. Kamek took advantage of the highly spiritual koopas and started preaching about a great one chosen by the Gods to rule all Koopas. He artificially created Bowser to fulfill that role.

Most magikoopas joined Kamek as the leaders of the newly formed empire, at least until Bowser reached adulthood to rule the empire as king/emperor.

They first conquered many other unknown nations that provided technology and culture to assimilate into the empire. Unfortunately for them no conquered land provided the necessary food required. Every assault on the mushroom kingdom ended with failure – humans were actually better combatants than koopas.

Bowser was obviously raised by Magikoopas, so he had a clear grasp of the benefits of sorcery and such. When he reached adulthood and finally assumed his role as leader, his first move was to have the magikoopas form a curse that would turn all the MK inhabitants into mushrooms, as a form of ironic punishment. This oviously gave a significant advantage to the koopas, as every enemy was also a source of food, and their mere saliva could devastate entire legions of ex-human combatants.

Fortunately for the kingdom, the royal bloodline and a few small colonies were safe from the curse. Mario and Luigi were indeed originally a plumber, but they got recruited by former generals and trained into the arts of combat. They were taught of the fungi symbiosis and how to harness the powers of the solar flowers and star fragments. Fully aware of the short lifespan of most available “weaponry”, most of the mushrooms and such were stored within organic containers that reacted only to human odor to open up, and were spread across so the Mario brothers could get supplies from anywhere.

Bowser’s reason to kidnap the princess is to indeed marry her. He foolishly believes the brothers are fully a threat, but he fears more humans from the colonies get proper training as well, and he tries to end the war by joining the two nations. Unfortunately for him, Mario and Luigi prove to be indeed a two men army.

Erm, that’s pretty much the outline for the first game’s elements I have already thought. I still need to study the other games further.

Huh wart show up in zelda GB, i assume that shyguy was real and mario dreams about them...

But that was in Link's Awakening, which was also a dreamworld. Maybe Wart is like Freddie Krueger.

Maybe wart is actually bowser spirt that made a deal with the devil to return to fight mario in his dreams?

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2010, 10:59:30 AM »

Screamy
Carl
Level 0

rugs and roses

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2010, 04:47:05 PM »

This thread will make an excellent book Wizard

Someone should publish.
Are there any publishers here?

Yours Sincerely<br /><br />Carl
Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2010, 09:13:45 AM »

In order to understand many of the weirdness of the games, let’s study the components, staring with items.

Mushrooms in the Mushroom Kingdom are actually a very infectious sort of fungi, but they are symbiotic with human beings. When ingested, they begind to spread rapidly across the human host and start growing an outer layer that replicates the host body unitl it becomes a sort of additional tissue that enlarges and protects the host against threats. This is why Mario apparently grows. He doesn’t; it’s the mushroom’s extra tissue that makes him increase in body mass.

Koopa’s primary source of food are said mushrooms, but accorss the centuries they developed antibodies in the saliva against the fungal spread, since previous Koopa generations found this effect lethal, as the shell suffocated the increased body mass. This is why Mario shrinks – the koopas bite him and their slaive starts deteriorating marios defensive layer.

Flowers are likely a natural solar panel of sorts. In addition (or maybe instead of) photosynthesis, the flowers can store sunlight and dump the excess as concentrared flames. Mario actually doesn’t eat them, he just borrows them, but they are probably eaten by the koopas to prevent Mario from using them. They are basically disarming mario.

Stars are probably radioactive meteorite pieces. Humans are immune to its effects, but most other races are pathetically sensitive towards it. Obviously the radiation effect wears out rather rapidly as it gets exposed to the environment.

Now, as for the nations. Mushroom Kingdom’s strength lies it is agriculture. Mushrooms exports made the kingdom very, very wealthy. It was originally ruled by humans and actually had a moderatedly strong military force.

Koopas, on the other hand, lived in a very poor nation, having been built on very sterily wastelands. A superstitious lot, they often engaed in religious civil wars. Magikoopas were both sorcerers and the spiritual guides. It wasn’t until the arrival of Kamek that the Koopas were actually unified with the goal of forming a vast empire. Kamek took advantage of the highly spiritual koopas and started preaching about a great one chosen by the Gods to rule all Koopas. He artificially created Bowser to fulfill that role.

Most magikoopas joined Kamek as the leaders of the newly formed empire, at least until Bowser reached adulthood to rule the empire as king/emperor.

They first conquered many other unknown nations that provided technology and culture to assimilate into the empire. Unfortunately for them no conquered land provided the necessary food required. Every assault on the mushroom kingdom ended with failure – humans were actually better combatants than koopas.

Bowser was obviously raised by Magikoopas, so he had a clear grasp of the benefits of sorcery and such. When he reached adulthood and finally assumed his role as leader, his first move was to have the magikoopas form a curse that would turn all the MK inhabitants into mushrooms, as a form of ironic punishment. This oviously gave a significant advantage to the koopas, as every enemy was also a source of food, and their mere saliva could devastate entire legions of ex-human combatants.

Fortunately for the kingdom, the royal bloodline and a few small colonies were safe from the curse. Mario and Luigi were indeed originally a plumber, but they got recruited by former generals and trained into the arts of combat. They were taught of the fungi symbiosis and how to harness the powers of the solar flowers and star fragments. Fully aware of the short lifespan of most available “weaponry”, most of the mushrooms and such were stored within organic containers that reacted only to human odor to open up, and were spread across so the Mario brothers could get supplies from anywhere.

Bowser’s reason to kidnap the princess is to indeed marry her. He foolishly believes the brothers are fully a threat, but he fears more humans from the colonies get proper training as well, and he tries to end the war by joining the two nations. Unfortunately for him, Mario and Luigi prove to be indeed a two men army.

Erm, that’s pretty much the outline for the first game’s elements I have already thought. I still need to study the other games further.

Huh wart show up in zelda GB, i assume that shyguy was real and mario dreams about them...

But that was in Link's Awakening, which was also a dreamworld. Maybe Wart is like Freddie Krueger.

Maybe wart is actually bowser spirt that made a deal with the devil to return to fight mario in his dreams?
...that
...that's brilliant.  Epileptic

It's still the most sense anyone's made of the mushroom kingdom, anyway.
Now try to explain the bean-bean kingdom!  Well, hello there!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic