Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 07:42:44 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesLeague of Legends
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 215
Print
Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 307439 times)
The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2010, 09:45:06 AM »

I don't get why they call them arenas at all, arenas imply in my mind you're stuck there and have to kill other stuff to win, not... wave spawns and structures. Oh well.

I play League of Legends a lot with pals, if you guys have skype or insist on using Vent i'd be aight for a game once in a while, Summoner name is the same as this TIGs username I am The Monster King, close to level 30 and skills that accompany being close to level 30, that is i kick major ass unless there are some disgusting pawaaful peeps on the other end

oh yeah besides the competitiveness and playing with friends what keeps me in the game is the regular new heroes, though i wish they'd stop making humans/tiny humans once in a while and make me some more MONSTERS
Kadoba
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2010, 12:22:50 PM »

I've been playing LoL for a couple of weeks and people can be real assholes at the higher levels, every bit as much as in DotA. Having only two existing maps is kind of dumb but there are so many units to choose from I never really lose interest.

The only thing I really hate is the game's inherent snowball effect. A lot of times you can predict which team is going to win about 5 minutes into the game. If this is the other team, about the only thing you can do is put up a completely futile defense for the next half hour. Neck and neck games are much more rare but they're satisfying even if you lose. Comebacks are even rarer.
im9today
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2010, 12:37:18 PM »

Snowballing actually used to be much worse before some fairly recent tweaks.

Add me guys! im dongbeard today
I've been playing for like a year now and I play a game a day usually so I can give you PROTIPSTM even if you don't want them!
X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2010, 07:44:57 PM »

Friend of mine told me about this today, he say's he's LV30 (iirc) and it's a pretty good game.
How's the balance compare to DOTA? DOTA seemed kind of slipper-slope to me..

destiny is truth pre-op
The Monster King
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2010, 05:08:34 AM »

it comes and goes, sometimes it feels okay, sometimes it feels like a champion can rape any and everyone

and everyone is fine about it

socially acceptable rape

that is terrible you know
kavs
Level 2

Brad Kavanagh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2010, 10:14:46 AM »

Balance is ok... but there are some heroes that are above and beyond the caliber of most (Fiddlesticks, for instance. The value a good Sivir or Alistar adds is also pretty insane).

They seem to be doing a pretty good job of keeping things even, but things do snowball fairly easy in this game. If a carry gets a few kills and starts gaining levels, it'll just get worse and worse unless the team builds to counter.

It's a fun game for what it's worth; I have about 200 games under my belt, and a lot of my close friends play. It's fun to sync up and do a 5-man, even if that means we will get murdered due to ELO penalties from matchmaking.

Kadoba
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2010, 11:08:58 AM »

It's fun to sync up and do a 5-man, even if that means we will get murdered due to ELO penalties from matchmaking.

This caused me to read up on how the matchmaking works. Now it makes sense why I lose with friends. I noticed that we always seem to lose on arranged teams so I try and sneak games in solo. Several times I've had a house mate come by my computer and she would yell at me "ARE YOU PLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDS WITHOUT ME?! OMG WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!"  Crazy

Anyway, my summoner name is Kadoba if anyone wants to add me.
kavs
Level 2

Brad Kavanagh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2010, 09:58:56 AM »

Several times I've had a house mate come by my computer and she would yell at me "ARE YOU PLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDS WITHOUT ME?! OMG WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!"  Crazy

Hahah, I know the feeling; it happens nearly daily and has actually caused rifts with friends of mine. Tongue The game desperately needs an offline mode, so friends can't see that you are playing the game. Either that, or make the ignore function hide your online status so you can temporarily block other users if you want to sneak in a solo game.

I often just want to play a 2-man premade with my fiancee, but I always end up pulling in 2 or 3 noob friends. That, combined with the ELO penalty, usually results in a 20 minute loss. Wink

I used to have a much better ratio in terms of win/loss, but I've let go of that and realized I should just enjoy playing with friends for what it's worth.. but yeah, I have been known to play solo/duo just to get at least my daily win.

Add 'kavs' if anyone wants to play.

im9today
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2010, 07:19:49 AM »

Little bump to see if we can bring some more people in now that HoN isn't free. Well, hello there!

Here's my lolbase stats:

Don't know if you guys have heard about it before but you can upload your game logs to lolbase to track your stats, see what works, etc. It really helps since the actual game is very very light on this sort of info. Even though it is stored. Shrug
The Monster King
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2010, 08:28:22 AM »

sent you a request dongbeard, i hope your beard really is made from dongs

my summoner name might be a surprise (hint: no)
Bini
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2010, 04:12:15 AM »

I find League of Legends more interesting than DoTA due to the more fast-paced gameplay it offers.

It's always nice to find more people playing! My summoner name there is Bini, will request you and hopefully play together with you guys(I prefer to evict solo queueing; always play with friends). Tend to use rolefillers for my team, but I mostly play Sivir.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2010, 06:25:07 PM »

My name is Tegiminis in LoL
davidp
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2010, 12:04:36 AM »

i'm dejvidpi (on Europe)

mostly playing Nunu, but i just bought Warwick yesterday, happy times! Hand Any Key
hell yea, just saw i alreay posted here. oh well Who, Me?

anyway i find LoL miles better than Dota, mostly to faster gameplay and more team oriented battles. also, intelligence heroes don't suck in late game, like most of ints do in dota's lategame. a
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 12:08:16 AM by davidp » Logged

Terrorbuns
Level 4

Bluh bluh.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2010, 02:22:30 PM »

I just started playing this game yesterday. I enjoy DotA, I love this. I haven't actually played against humans yet, and the bots are hilariously pathetic so yea. My summoner name is MisterLL so add me and brutally teach me some skills!  Well, hello there!
im9today
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2010, 04:48:05 AM »

I finally got around to adding a list of players to the first post. Let me know if I forgot you or you actually play on the EU server please.
im9today
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2010, 01:47:08 PM »

Had some good games with The Monster King's Sion lately. Come play with us and we can play some in house draft mode games. Beg
Nillo
Level 10

Raunchy Raccoon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2010, 02:18:15 PM »

I play this a lot. It's all kinds of great. While paying players do unlock champions faster than free players, they don't have a huge advantage otherwise, and skins are all just cosmetic. I bought Gentleman Cho'Gath, he's hilarious Grin

I play Dota as well, and I think they are good games in different ways. For example, DotA has smarter bots than LoL, if you play an AI version. You can also play DotA offline on a local network while LoL must be played on the official server, and DotA has more game modes to choose from. On the other hand, it's not very newbie-friendly compared to LoL and it's stuck in the many-years old Warcraft 3 engine.

Anyway, my name is Horazon on the European server, and here are my LoLBase stats:
http://www.lolbase.net/eu/Horazon

My favorite champs are Rammus, Warwick and Veigar Smiley

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
The Monster King
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2010, 09:20:27 AM »

so many europeans... why did they split the servers? Don't they understand the point of the internet? Oh well.
im9today
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2010, 09:25:43 AM »

They probably made a lot of money selling the licensing overseas. I think they made a couple of million selling the rights for the Asian market. My Word! Plus it reduces the burden on their servers.
The Monster King
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2010, 01:35:10 PM »

hhheh yeah i guess it's lotsa $$$

it's kinda sad how it separates us from a few players here though!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 215
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic