Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1073199 Posts in 43964 Topics- by 35997 Members - Latest Member: MAROBI

December 18, 2014, 10:19:40 AM
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessOffering Paid WorkRULES [UPDATED - READ BEFORE POSTING!]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: RULES [UPDATED - READ BEFORE POSTING!]  (Read 11332 times)
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« on: January 30, 2010, 03:15:01 AM »

Here are the rules:

1. This board is for PAID COMMERCIAL POSITIONS only.

What does this actually mean? In order to make this subforum as useful as possible, here are a few guidelines to look at before you post:

a) Are you offering a defined sum of money in exchange for goods and services? If so, good! Post away!

b) Are you offering potential money, ie profit share, or the promise of money after the project is completed? If so, then the Collaboration Subforum is your best bet!

c) Are you posting a portfolio looking for work? If so, please post it in the Portfolio Subforum instead!

2.Message Icons

Please use the right message icon when you post:

-ArtistProgrammerMusician
Contract Work
Full-Time Position

(Thanks for the table, Craig!)

3.Details

Please be as descriptive as you can in your postings, and provide as many relevant details - including screenshots, videos, and links - as possible.

4. """Producers""" and """Designers"""

We're VEEERRRY skeptical of people who post jobs as "producers" or "designers" looking for people to work for no money upfront.  Not just that... it's a certain type - generally they haven't completed any games before and/or want to make something overambitious for their experience level.  They don't actually DO anything themselves, like art, programming, or music... they're just "producers" or "designers".  These projects have a very slim chance of working out and can wreck the people who work on them, so if this sounds like you, expect skepticism if you post.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 10:48:16 AM by John Sandoval » Logged
alspal
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 03:52:51 AM »

What about fun collaborations that involve money?
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 03:54:14 AM »

Yeahhh, I'm not sure yet.  I think that would go in the main forum, and you'd be offering a service, rather than a job.  Kinda like how I handled Greg Sergeant's post.
Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 10:44:10 AM »

Since this board has a whole bunch of new post icons, I thought it might be a good idea to create an easy reference as to what each represents.

-ArtistProgrammerMusician
Contract Work
Full-Time Position
Service

Μarkham
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 12:55:26 PM »

I would encourage the discouragement of speculative work.

Bood_War
Level 10

LORD OF AUTOMOTONS

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 07:57:07 PM »

Woah. Maybe I could get a musician. Or a programmer. Either would be nice.

J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

Screenwriter looking to become game writer.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 06:33:21 AM »

I'm guessing the Jobs section is for titles that will eventually have to be paid for. Am I allowed to make a post in the Jobs for people who want to make shareware and a post in the Unpaid Collaborations section for peopl that are aiming for freeware?

The artist formally known as "Javet."
Film student and screenwriter. If you'd like me to write the story for your game, click here.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2010, 06:49:13 PM »

Big change to the Jobs board:

Kren suggested added a separate subforum for people looking for work. I think this is a good idea so it's been implemented.

ARTISTS, MUSICIANS, CODERS LOOKING FOR WORK, PLEASE POST IN PORTFOLIOS.
PythonBlue
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 09:01:23 AM »

In light of reading this thread and other messages from REAL staff members (not directed at you, Derek), I'm not sure what to do with my thread about Unity3d music. It was not meant as an advertisement for my services, but it's not meant for recruiting people either. Should it be moved to the generic audio forum?

Selben Coirlo
Level 8

totally awesp,e/

selbencoirlo
View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 03:15:35 AM »

What do I do if I'm a generalist (programmer, musician, artist, and writer) looking for work? Where's my post icon?  Cry

Miguelito
Level 4

makes graphics

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 05:01:01 AM »

What do I do if I'm a generalist (programmer, musician, artist, and writer) looking for work? Where's my post icon?  Cry

Wink

Selben Coirlo
Level 8

totally awesp,e/

selbencoirlo
View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, 05:37:33 AM »

... I would use such a post icon.
Hand Fork LeftWell, hello there!Hand Money Right
(am i emoticon right?)

PeteDevlin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 12:06:04 PM »

Can we start being more stringent with the rules because I'm sick of wading through the 'profit share' posts! If they aren't paying you as a freelancer then it isn't bloody paid!!
RudyTheDev
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2014, 07:16:22 AM »

Can we start being more stringent with the rules because I'm sick of wading through the 'profit share' posts! If they aren't paying you as a freelancer then it isn't bloody paid!!

Any update on this? Since the Collaboration section was moved, there is a continuous stream of "profit/revenue share" posts in the "Paid" section.

Muz
Level 10

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2014, 07:38:36 AM »

Might help to report them maybe?
RudyTheDev
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2014, 07:43:48 AM »

Might help to report them maybe?

The above rules don't forbid profit share at the moment, so report for what? One can argue "profit share" is paid work, just not in advance, under the current wording.

ink.inc
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2014, 10:48:48 AM »

Edited first post to define exactly what 'paid work' means. Also removed a bunch of other threads that didn't fit these new guidelines. Sorry it took as long as it did, but I hope this helps!

PS: If you find these sort of issues in the forums in the future, don't hesitate to PM me! I don't have the time to read through every subforum, so that'd really help to speed up change. (thanks miguelito)

-John
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic