Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 07:59:54 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsGAMMA (Moderator: fish)Pax Britannica [released] [MAC+LINUX VERSIONS!]
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Pax Britannica [released] [MAC+LINUX VERSIONS!]  (Read 62693 times)
Zaknafein
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« on: January 31, 2010, 10:34:16 PM »

PAX BRITANNICA

One-button real-time strategy.

All the info on the official website : http://paxbritannica.henk.ca/

(alternatively, direct download links for Windows, Mac OSX, GNU/Linux)

Keyboard controls : A, F, H and L for respectively player 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Otherwise if you have 1 to 4 Xbox controllers connected, their A button will work.

- No Fun Games (Henk Boom, Renaud Bédard, Matthew Gallant, Daniel Burton, Ben Abraham)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 09:50:06 PM by Zaknafein » Logged

deathtotheweird
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 10:56:14 PM »

one button real time strategy? oh my.
JamesGecko
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 12:38:52 AM »

How does?...

But what?...

Huh. I can think of a single possible control scheme which might work for that, a grid-based system. Either that or something sorta similar Herzog Zwei?
Pishtaco
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 06:03:37 AM »

Hold button to boom, release button to rush?

brog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 07:43:43 AM »

And tap to turtle?
Zhal
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 09:54:22 AM »

Looking forward to seeing how this works. I had couple of ideas for an RTS, but we never went with them.
tembac
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 12:22:19 PM »

My first idea for gamma 4 was an rts Tongue

I´m curious about this.

Zaknafein
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 09:25:05 AM »

Alright so, we didn't get in either.
I just updated the first post with the version we sent to Kokoromi, enjoy!

Gangles
Level 0

Quixotic Engineer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 09:47:48 AM »

Though I'm sad we weren't chosen, working on this game was a blast. Big thanks to the organizers! Coffee

nicknicknicknick
Level 0

idkfa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 09:55:13 AM »

I very much dig this game.

I like cap-ship battles, and I like things that go boom, so you got me right off the bat.

Even though audio wasn't a requirement, the sfx and soundtrack are great. Very good mood-setting to match the pace of the motherships.

My only critique would be to put in more feedback as to the health of all ships and the capabilities of the various fighters/destroyers.

8-Bit Personality, 16-Bit Looks
http://nicknicknicknick.net
region5
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 12:18:01 PM »

Absolutely wonderful game! It opens up so many possibilities of other games with a similar interface.

However, everytime i press escape to end the game, my computer bluescreens and reboots. Can you tell me what package I might want to get the latest patch for?

nihilocrat
Level 10

Full of stars.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 02:01:08 PM »

Holy fuuuuuuuuuuck that is a clever control system. The number of games I need to play with some friends keeps adding up.

tembac
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 04:03:38 PM »

Very good idea on the game. I also liked the mechanics. I agree that it needs more information on the health of the ships and the different ships. Also, sometimes is hard for colorblinds to diferentiate them.

roBurky
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2010, 06:39:11 AM »

That's really good. A 4-player game comfortably playable on one keyboard is a wonderful thing.

I've played a few games with all numbers of players but I don't really have any idea on what the good strategies are, or even if there are any. Although going for resource generation early on in a 2 player game seems like a bad idea.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 06:47:12 AM by roBurky » Logged
jph wacheski
Level 1

It's only a matter of folding time and space,..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2010, 09:38:34 AM »

I quite enjoyed that!  It's sotra like Gratuitous Space Battles, only fun Wink  Excellent design for a one Hand Any Key stratagy game.  The graphics and music are great too.  Congrats.  Gentleman

http://iterationGAMES.com
http://jph_wacheski.itch.io/
all my itch.io games are now pay-what-you-like Wink
Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2010, 09:50:55 AM »

Hey great game!  This is pretty genius way to use the one button mechanic.  I wish there were some sound effects for the explosions and lasers. There are so many ways you could take this game!  I think it might interesting to add some sort of way to give your ships a priority of who to attack but it could be difficult to do only using one button.  Really fun though!

Gangles
Level 0

Quixotic Engineer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2010, 10:19:14 AM »

I've played a few games with all numbers of players but I don't really have any idea on what the good strategies are, or even if there are any. Although going for resource generation early on in a 2 player game seems like a bad idea.

The general unit hierarchy is bomber > frigate > fighter > bomber. The strategy (in theory) is to counter what your opponent is building. Personally, I like to start out with a frigate, then fill in the fleet with a bunch of fighters. I'll throw out some bombers once the opponent also builds a frigate. I agree that the resource upgrade isn't perfectly balanced yet, we're working on it!

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Gentleman

zorrito
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2010, 01:32:50 PM »

Awesome game, man
PlayMeTape
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2010, 04:37:30 PM »

This game is so sweet! I'm totally addicted. How could this not get selected!? Must be some crazy games on the shortlist because this is simply awesome.
Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2010, 11:30:39 AM »

Still playing this!  Its so addicting!  I found a strange glitch where the game wont run if firefox is open.  It brings up the loading screen and then it closes.  If I close firefox then it runs perfect.  I wonder if anyone else has this problem.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic