Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411411 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 15, 2024, 09:12:38 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallDungeon Chaos
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Dungeon Chaos  (Read 15858 times)
Jo-Remi
Level 0

Developer on D-Pad Studio

View Profile WWW
« on: February 13, 2010, 11:21:24 AM »

*Update - 14th March 2012*
Post-GDC 2012 update

New version of Dungeon Chaos has been released. I've added several updates to the GUI, making it's appearence more consistent with the game.

*New screenshots will be up later, aswell as gameplay video*

Get it here: DungeonChaos V0300

Previous Updates
*Update - 24th Dec 2011*
Merry Xmas TIG'ers!

We're celebrating Xmas at my place, by releasing a very special edition of Dungeon Chaos, the Xmas Edition, to spread some Xmas gaming joy to the world
Beer!

Download: Dungeon Chaos Xmas Special, for Windows(.zip)

The graphics have been modified, and Figgy Pudding, Festive Xmas Hams and Ginger Bread Cookies are now available at the shop!

Here is a gameplay video:
Youtube: Dungeon Chaos Xmas Special Gameplay

Among the new features are:
+ Mouse Support. You now aim your attacks with the mouse, shoot and throw grenades with your mouse buttons. Use the mousewheel to teleport back and forth between portals.
+ Added some festive enemies and tiles.

Happy Xmas everyone! Wink

Action & Food
Dungeon Chaos is a 2D Action-Rpg Shooter, with level design similar to that of ye'olde Bubble-Bobble. You'll defeat bosses, gain upgrades, and eat delicious cousine as you go explore the dungeon.

Equipment & Spells
You'll pick up Laser-Guns, Granades, Jetpacks and Magical Spells as you go. There are several small side-quests which boost your powers when completed, and you'll end up with a super-strong character pretty quickly.

...A little help from your friends
You can play Co-op with a friend at your side. You'll gain twice the fire-power, which may be needed for some of the stages and bosses. If not, you're in for a grind.

For Screenshots or more info, visit:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 11:55:42 PM by Jo-Remi » Logged

AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 11:33:57 AM »

really great game with fine graphics and fun gameplay!
...what has been added / changed since version 1.1.8 from september 2009?

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
Jo-Remi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 11:53:38 AM »

If you've played Dungeon Chaos before, and completed it, you've met only the new last boss's first form. I've learnt, all great main bosses need several forms, so I've spent some time improving him, and giving him several forms, as wall as an ending cutscene when defeating him. He'll be sure to give even hardcore players a good run:)

I've also given the story abit more detail in the instructions screen,
and added small touches to the game, and improved on some visuals.

Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 01:28:58 PM »

Lol, that was an interesting 30 minutes.
Eraser
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 04:08:59 PM »

I can't manage to beat the final boss D: also, when going back to the beginning, at the level with the sepia-toned people, the game crashes.

Anywho.. it is quite a short game.
Kitoari
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 06:02:02 PM »

Beat Viel (Veil?) and was staring at a blank screen after the last bit of text. Hit esc. Going back to game, there is no hud. Beat him again sans hud, now still staring.

What happened to the stuff from old versions?

Edit: Removed spoilers.
Jo-Remi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 02:32:50 AM »

Beat Viel (Veil?) and was staring at a blank screen after the last bit of text. Hit esc. Going back to game, there is no hud. Beat him again sans hud, now still staring.

What happened to the stuff from old versions?

Woops, you found a bug! Thanks! Hotfixing, asap.

The old stuff was removed as it was abit outbalancing in the last version, and putting them back slipped my mind. I also want to add more secrets throughout the dungeon, all dungeons with respect for themselves have great secrets Tongue But this I will do at a later time.

Edit: Fixed! The saves have sadly been reset, but now bonus items have been added when completing the game, and hud restores properly when defeating the boss. When using the top tier granade launchers, be careful to not explode your graphics-cards Tongue The effects can become abit taxing on old systems Smiley
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 06:20:45 AM by Jo-Remi » Logged

Jo-Remi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 07:10:10 AM »

I can't manage to beat the final boss D: also, when going back to the beginning, at the level with the sepia-toned people, the game crashes.

Hmm, this bug never happened on my own system. Did you get any error messages when the game crashed?

TobiasW
Level 8

This can only end brilliantly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 07:12:43 AM »

Hmm, this bug never happened on my own system. Did you get any error messages when the game crashed?

Haha, nice, I was just typing my reply with what I believe may be the same bug. (And didn't spot Erasers Bug Report before). Anyway, here goes:

I guess I found a bug in the 127 version - savegame is here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1977054/saveFilev127
I hope you can reproduce it by going back to the first screen ingame and then pressing Enter till you are after the screen with the first enemies.

It starts with this (and doesn't get any better afterwards):
ERROR in
action number 1
of Alarm Event for alarm 1
for object objGateExit:

Error in code at line 13:
       if(managerLevel.stageCleared)
                       ^
at position 22: Unknown variable stageCleared

...so, this being said, great game! Fun from first screen till last boss (whose second form I have yet to beat), and has a very polished feel to it. I especially like the ease of play which comes from Backspace and Enter. Oh, and the Food! The Co-Op-Mode looks promising, though I didn't get a chance to play it yet with a friend.

(Needless to say, I am looking forard to "Next in line for this game will be support for 2 controllers and possibly online play. Keep checking in for more info.")

Eraser
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 07:50:48 AM »

Yep Tobias, that would be the one (http://i.imgur.com/DJuv4.png) But yeah. Think I'm going to need a buddy to beat this game still Tongue
necromian
Level 2

ʘ_ʘ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 08:35:50 AM »

This is a really great game, although I don't think I can beat the third form of the last boss without a friend :p

I got this error when I loaded a saved game where I was at the last shop, then returned to the beginning of the game, then proceeded to press enter through the tutorial until I got to the level with the sepia-tone copies of myself walking towards me. Then when I pressed enter I got this error.

ERROR in
action number 1
of Alarm Event for alarm 1
for object objGateExit:

Error in code at line 13:
       if(managerLevel.stageCleared)
                       ^
at position 22: Unknown variable stageCleared

for object managerLevel:

Error in code at line 1:
   if(shakeAmount > 0)
     ^
at position 4: Unknown variable shakeAmount

for object objGateSafeSpot:

Error in code at line 1:
   if(!closed)
      ^
at position 5: Unknown variable closed

for object objGateSafeSpot:

Error in code at line 1:
   if(!closed)
      ^
at position 5: Unknown variable closed

for object managerLevel:

Error in code at line 1:
   if(bossHp > 0)
     ^
at position 4: Unknown variable bossHp
Jo-Remi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 09:54:48 AM »

Ok, I've changed some logics in the game, and this should fix the teleporting problem. I was unable to reproduce the error myself, but I've hopefully terminated the bug for future players!

Very, very good effort from all, much appreciated Coffee Good luck to those stuck on the Final Boss Grin

ITS_Mike
Level 3

Programmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2010, 10:15:07 AM »

That explosion at the beginning nearly sent me out of my chair.  This is mostly because I was adjusting the volume, trying to figure out if there was any music.  I would recommend some kind of music in the background of the intro.

On the main menu, my first reaction was to use the mouse.  I tried the arrow keys directly afterwards though.

I like how there is the option to go out of fullscreen mode, since that is how I prefer to test games (easy access to the reply window for making notes).

Those tank enemies at the beginning (after the tutorial) were surprisingly difficult to get through.  I had a lot of fun though!

The lightning spell seemed bugged when I first tried using it.  I started out with 65 sp, but end up only being able to cast a few shots before I was out of SP.  The fact that it uses 1 sp rapidly as you hold down the cast key was not immediately apparent.

I really like the upgrade system.  It is simple and addictive.

This has a very cave-story like feel to it.  Thanks for a fun game!  I plan to beat it after posting this Smiley
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 10:27:43 AM by InvisibleMan » Logged

Jo-Remi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2010, 10:38:29 AM »

That explosion at the beginning nearly sent me out of my chair.  This is mostly because I was adjusting the volume, trying to figure out if there was any music.  I would recommend some kind of music in the background of the intro.

Hehehe, this has happened to me also, though, I've never been able to find a fitting intro-sequence tune. I'll have a look through the tunes I have available and add it so noone suffers a heartattack from the intro Tongue

The lightning spell seemed bugged when I first tried using it.  I started out with 65 sp, but end up only being able to cast a few shots before I was out of SP.  The fact that it uses 1 sp rapidly as you hold down the cast key was not immediately apparent.

Yes, the lightning-spell is pretty costly in the beginning, but evens out when it reaches Lvl.2,

There are more powerful versions also, but I've yet to add these due to game-balance issues.

Curseman
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2010, 03:20:21 AM »

The nuclear missile launcher rules.
winterbliss
TIGBaby

Vinter in Hollywood

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2010, 07:49:15 AM »

Hand Joystick Yeah baby! This is what Im talking about! Great music at the last boss! Wink Grin :D :O Tongue woooo!
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2010, 10:10:47 PM »

This game is so worth playing.

hi
Jo-Remi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2010, 02:16:21 PM »

Merry Xmas TIG'ers!

We're celebrating Xmas at my place, by releasing a very special edition of Dungeon Chaos, the Xmas Edition, to spread some Xmas gaming joy to the world  Beer!

Download: Dungeon Chaos Xmas Special

The graphics have been modified, and Figgy Pudding, Festive Xmas Hams and Ginger Bread Cookies are now available at the shop!

Here is a gameplay video:

Youtube:Dungeon Chaos Xmas Special Gameplay

Happy Hollidays everyone!  Wink

Chubysnow
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, 12:56:48 PM »

I'm not sure if I am allowed to post on such an old thread but I feel I must talk about this game. Whenever I have a friend or two over we are sure to play this game, just a great fun game to play and anyone interested should truly try it out. Hand Clap
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 07:06:25 PM »

Heck, I'm glad you guys got with all the posting.  I have *NO IDEA* how I completely missed out on this game, but I'm playing it now and I'm having a blast!  Beer!

(now to find a friend for 2P)

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic