001. Fish actually only knows a few phrases in French, and they all involve butterflies.
002. Derek tucked me in last night.
003. Finland and Sweden are not
the same country. (Imagine that!)
004. Fish only has a Mac and he's hasn't played like any indie games. Ever. (Thanks, Petri!)
005. cactus has a twin brother who's a musician!
005b. It's his clone.
006. Mark Johns woke up on the floor this morning, because of the cold.
006b. Mark Johns woke up in a cold sweat this morning, because of last night.
007. Heather is an American in disguise.
008. There is a subtle difference between droppin' a monocle and poppin' a monocle.
009. Fish's English improves as his BAC increases.
010. cactus has never played through Clean Asia. (Thanks, Golds!)
011. Steve Swink can end any conflict with his dreamy gaze.
012. Chris Delay is an alright chap!
013. For Kellee Santiago's session, she only threw ping pong balls into the audience.
014. Jon Mak is everywhere and nowhere.
015. Lighter fluid makes everything awesome.
016. Introversion's secret to success: Hot blonde chick.
017. Daisy keeps Tommy sharp by spontaneously throwing salt at him.
018. Owls and Raptors mate at long range. (I need to get the specifics from Steve.)
019. Tommy has Goo in his case, and he'll get it all over your face.
020. Mark had an uncomfortable first night, 'cause he was sleeping near cactus and had to fart, but didn't want to offend him. (Thanks, Mark!)
021. Golds is an amateur.
022. TIGSource is going to go off the grid by 2020.
023. cactus is as good of a chef as he is a game developer.
024. Q: What does cactus need? A: To take a crap.
025. Derek used to be a smoker.
026. Diamond Rider is Derek's debut as a composer.
027. cactus is allergic to energy drinks.
028. The IGF winners are... surprising?
028b. (The winners weren't nominees.)
029. The GDC meal voucher does not (DOES NOT) get you beer.
030. Introversion's business cards will break your washing machine.
031. Tommy can eat a lot
032. Jeff Lindsay holds the high score in Diamond Rider.
033. cactus made twelve games as I was typing this secret.
034. Adam often gets mistaken for an elderly lady at airports.
035. They don't have S'mores in Canada.
036. Mark plays on a champion Wii Sports Bowling team.
037. The roast beef sandwich doesn't smell as good as the Italian style sandwich.
038. The 1UP Show crew is pretty cool, but they haven't come drink with us yet.
039. Batman used to suck a lot of dick.
040. Derek just realized he can be killed by swords too.
041. Don't eat at Dennys.
042. Five hundred bananas. One million bananas. Twenty bananas.
043. cactus sucked on my nose last night, at the 1UP party.
044. The 1UP folks are lovely!
045. Mark got wounded making a beer run.
046. TIGSource (this is no lie) killed the tab for the huge Flashbang/thatgamecompany/Gastronaut IGF party with a round of expensive Scotch. For real.
047. Jon Mak had his first drunk experience last night, in the restroom of the aforementioned party.
048. Jon Mak also lost my monocle. COINCIDENCE?
049. We could have stolen SO many not-yet-released next gen games last night, but we're better than that.
049b. We're not actually better than that. Just afraid of getting caught.
050. I think I have pneumonia.
051. Denny's serves food on plates.
052. I shook Ralph Baer's hand.
053. Gabe Newell mentioned monocles.
054. Bungie is down with the indies.
055. PROTIP: Stock up on free beer before the awards start. (Thanks, Phil!)
056. Alexey Pajitnov has always wanted to design an underwater game.
057. Ben Braman of Flashbang got whipped by a dominatrix last night.
058. Derek sneaked into the Expo hall behind a food cart.
059. I sneaked in by claiming to be Cactus' translator.
060. We drank, like, a dozen 40s at the swanky lounge at Flashbang's hotel.
061. I've never played Portal. (Thanks, Renaud!)
062. Cactus clogged the toilet before he left.
063. Gabe Newell thinks indie games are way cooler than what Valve's doing.
064. Michael got drunk and grabbed Derek's balls at the Kongregate party.
065. Dinosaurs make everything awesome.
066. Phil missed his flight.
067. Cactus is older than I am.
068. Mark is sleepy.
069. Kotaku drank our leftover beers at Jenn's apartment.
069b. (The same beers Mark risked life and limb for.)
070. In the Grand-Prize montage at IGF, they played Goo's menu music over World of Goo.
071. You can get into any party with an IGF trophy.
072. Derek and Alec wore makeup on stage.
073. I snorted some vitamin mix. It made me feel like a god.