Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 08:00:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingPaper Dreams
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Paper Dreams  (Read 2226 times)
Zack
Level 0

i make stuff with stuff.

View Profile WWW
« on: February 27, 2010, 06:51:52 PM »

Paper Dreams

> Play on GameJolt

You could consider this a hand drawn version Ad Nauseam 2.

The game consists of three levels: day, afternoon, and night. Each level features different enemies and a different style (shapes, cartoons and numbers and letters).

To power up your gun, collect falling + signs and avoid - ones.

Features three difficulties.

Made in two days for the GameJolt Game Jam.

Completely hand drawn.

*Disable blurring effect in game if you are using Windows 7 and have had problems (cannot pass difficulty screen).

//Featured on:
GameJolt
JayIsGames
IndieGames
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 06:55:55 PM by Zack » Logged
Tuba
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 07:39:20 PM »

Great art-style, nice blur effect. Quite an addictive game.

But a little too hard IMO, I couldn't pass the day stage.. on easy! Would be nice to be able to refill your health, maybe a random item like the + and - signs.

I think I found a minor bug: if an enemy drops a sign and you're killed right after, the sign keeps falling during the "game over screen". Shouldn't it disappear?

Overall, excellent job for a game made in two days Smiley

Zack
Level 0

i make stuff with stuff.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 08:13:50 PM »

Actually, I made some of the objects stay on the gameover screen to make it look like it was one large level, not three individual ones.

If you complete the entire level, your health gets refilled because the game is supposed to be hard, even on easy.  Evil

Glad you liked it.  Smiley
3dpursuit
Level 0

My name is Ed, Freeware Dev.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 08:14:48 PM »

Cool This Game Sucks.

Nah, I'm just joshing you. I really liked it, and gave it a 5/5. Glad to have our games both featured on the same post of the same site at the same minute.

New Jersey Freeware developer. Prefers creating exploration & Puzzle platfomers.
leonsulivan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 09:22:10 AM »

I downloaded this game when I saw the graphics. It's really nice, and even if the game is simple it's fun to play.

I really like this kind of graphics Smiley

Well done.

gunmaggot
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 09:27:17 AM »

Rad game.  Difficulty is fine for me - easy was pretty easy really (got up to Day on my second go).
MaloEspada
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 02:43:46 PM »

Nice game, I really enjoyed it! Music and graphics were very good.
My only complain would be making the player blink when hit, so you know you've taken damage.

One more thing: on the night stage, some enemy's projectils were hard to notice.
Randomasta
Level 1

wait, what?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 10:57:49 PM »

Cool game. The graphic is my favorite style and the music put in nicely. And it's quite hard, took me quite long to get past the day stage, even on easy! I guess the upgrades drop randomly, and the game get tough if you don't get few upgrades early on. Oh, and a fullscreen option would be good!
supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 08:59:51 PM »

Great job on this!  In the past week I checked out a bunch of games that were made in 1 or 2 days, and I have to say that I'm quite impressed by how quickly you guys are able to put together something so addictive in such a short period of time.  I really liked the art style, it was colorful and cute... and the gameplay is fun; very addictive.  I think my only comment would be that during the darker stage, some of the enemies' projectile-things were tough to see... but beyond that, I really enjoyed it.

Laura Shigihara | Composer and Game Designer
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic