Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 04:27:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallAir Pressure - finished and free!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Air Pressure - finished and free!  (Read 8760 times)
bento_smile
« on: March 01, 2010, 04:26:06 AM »

Air Pressure is a little visual novel thing I've been working on on-and-off for a while. Smiley

Download for Windows
Download for Mac
Download for Linux

Thank you.  Kiss
Noisefever
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 05:19:20 AM »

was nice to play this little game! nice graphics too! but the sound... I turned it off immediately.
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 02:50:00 PM »

hmmm, the art's really nice and clean.  I feel like the story's trying to tell me something i'm not quite grasping, maybe I haven't gotten all the endings yet.  Anyways I wont divulge any more so as to avoid spoilers
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 03:38:32 PM »

Woo, congrats!

MegaLeon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 03:08:41 AM »

A really nice Visual Novel. I like the pixel style, Nice choice! when i see that it was made with Ren-py I expected some high resolution graphics. But yours do the trick.
Imho, there's nothing wrong with the sound. It fit the general style.
Nice variety of choices! I'm gonna try them all, maybe i'll grasp what's happening between those two.

*blog - *tweet - *leon
raiten
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 03:58:09 AM »

I liked it a lot, it was very cute.
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 04:47:28 AM »

Very charming  Gentleman
bento_smile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 05:32:12 AM »

Thanks guys!  Grin (I was scared of releasing this game tbh. Not quite so much now.)

was nice to play this little game! nice graphics too! but the sound... I turned it off immediately.

Haha, my penchant for grating retro sound isn't for everyone.  Cheesy
TheDustin
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 01:16:39 PM »

I'm fairly new to the genre but I thought this was neat. As always your pixel art is wonderful, but the music didn't match my taste. *SHPOILLERS* As somebody who listens to a fair amount of Elliott Smith I thought of the bad relationship as a metaphor for addiction, and after I played around with the various options I found out I was right! I've always been interested in addiction as a game mechanic and this was pretty interesting in that it portrayed both the positive and negative effects, and let the player choose the outcome. Cool stuff.  Grin
raiten
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2010, 07:11:31 AM »

Now available in Flash (ported by me), so all of you lazy people who didn't play this yet/lazy journo's who didn't cover this yet are out of excuses now.
MaloEspada
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2010, 07:15:59 AM »

I played this yesterday and it really hit me..

Nice game; short but really really good..

and sad Sad
Skofo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2010, 11:14:04 AM »

Interesting game!

I suppose that the girl is a metaphor for heroin? It makes sense with the whole hospital and invisibility thing, but how does the anniversary and him forgetting it fit into the metaphor?

If you wish to make a video game from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
bento_smile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2010, 02:02:28 PM »

Interesting game!

I suppose that the girl is a metaphor for heroin? It makes sense with the whole hospital and invisibility thing, but how does the anniversary and him forgetting it fit into the metaphor?

Thanks  Grin

She's not quite heroin, but close enough! I always feel bad for forgetting anniversaries. But sometimes, the first time one does something is not something one wants to remember.  Smiley
Skofo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2010, 03:34:19 PM »

Ooh, I see. Clever! =) I like the comparison you did there, especially since according to an article I read not too long ago, being in a relationship is quite literally a chemical addiction!

http://www.time.com/time/printout/0,8816,977754,00.html

'Still, many romances clearly endure beyond the first years. What accounts for that? Another set of chemicals, of course. The continued presence of a partner gradually steps up production in the brain of endorphins. Unlike the fizzy amphetamines, these are soothing substances. Natural pain-killers, they give lovers a sense of security, peace and calm. "That is one reason why it feels so horrible when we're abandoned or a lover dies," notes Fisher. "We don't have our daily hit of narcotics."'

If you wish to make a video game from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
TheDustin
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2010, 04:34:51 PM »

Now available in Flash (ported by me), so all of you lazy people who didn't play this yet/lazy journo's who didn't cover this yet are out of excuses now.

Uh oh, I better get on it then.  Gentleman
Fuzz
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2010, 05:42:16 PM »

Uh oh, I better get on it then.  Gentleman

as well, i
Perrin
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2010, 06:40:29 PM »

I really enjoyed this. First ending I got involved a hospital trip which freaked me out a bit, I played it through twice more trying different paths and really enjoyed the experience.

The whole thing filled me and incredible sense of awkwardness and guilt about dealing with the situation which is definitely a good thing.

Valk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 02:21:59 PM »

Hey, I just registered here to let you know that was a really cool game.

I played it once and missed the overall point of the game. But, the comments on your main site let me realized I have obviously overlooked something so I went back and played it another five or six times.

THEN, I got it and said, "Ahhh, clever!!"

Thanks for giving me a surprise and a very interesting game. Smiley
Randomasta
Level 1

wait, what?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 09:57:07 PM »

Nice game, and very clever too. I played it several times yet I won't get the meaning if I don't read he comments here. Will play it once or twice more to see if there's something I haven't discovered yet.
CYS
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2010, 11:09:34 PM »

The sound is really rather bad...for lack of a better word.

Other than that, its really a rather mature game. Never play anything like it. Addictive too. Played it twice and going to play some more.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic