- Applications for this job are now CLOSED. See here
for more details.)
I am currently in the late stages of production of The Unicyclist
, a web game developed in Adobe Flash which I plan to publish on a free-to-play basis with revenue generated via sponsorship. I currently have no music for the game and am posting this in the hopes of finding someone interested in supplying some. I'll describe my requirements in detail in a minute, but first a bit about the game.
The gameplay revolves around the capabilities of the protagonist, Otto. As well as the eponymous unicycle he also has a grappling hook and a hat with helicopter blades. Thus equipped, he sets out to find his way through lots of teleporters and retrieve lots of boxes of treasure.
Here are a few screenshots from early levels which may give you some idea:Music Requirements
* A piece of music suitable for inclusion in the Flash SWF (so probably mp3 and not too huge in terms of file size) which can be looped during gameplay as background music. The piece must sound reasonably natural when looped, although a one-time-only intro section is fine.
* The music itself must not be too manic, since if the player is stuck on a puzzle they may be listening to it while they think.
* But equally, since some of the advanced player gameplay is based on completion times the background music must not be too calm and mellow.
* The protagonist is a folk hero opposing an oppressive regime. Something slightly more relevant to this than random techno or ambient would be preferred.
* I do not require an exclusive licence, but will ask for a list of previous uses of any piece of music offered. Some pieces may be unsuitable for this reason.
* I do not require unlimited rights, only the right to use the music for this project.What You Get
* I am happy to negotiate individually with musicians, this section is just to give a rough idea.
* Flat fee of $100.
* Or, if you prefer, 2% royalty on the initial sponsorship deal (which will be most of the game's revenue).
* Credit on the game's credits page (which will be short enough that your name won't get lost in an endless parade of scrolling lines).How to Apply
Interested parties should comment below or message me. Don't email me because my spam filter won't recognise you and might decide it doesn't like your face. If you would want more than the above fee but believe what you can offer is good enough to make this worthwhile for me then that's cool too. Make your case!