Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 09:58:34 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeA swedish game collective!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: A swedish game collective!!!  (Read 9204 times)
PlayMeTape
« on: March 08, 2010, 08:22:58 AM »

I'm not sure whether I'm on the right board or not but I just wanted to throw this out there.

Would anyone in the Stockholm region (or Sweden in general) be interested in starting some sort of game collective. Kind of like http://www.handeyesociety.com
or
http://www.copenhagengamecollective.org/ ?

Because I'm very interested in finding people to collaborate with and I don't know that many people who actively create games.

My ideal vision for this would be to get lots of creative people together, not just experienced gamemakers and programmers but also musicians and artists who want to actively take part in the actual design of a game.

It would be fun to have different kinds of events and just promote a creative environment for people to work together and share their work.

DISCLAIMER: I haven't started putting anything together at all I just want to see if there's anyone else out there who've thought about this as well. We can talk Wink!

EDIT:

We've got a forum up at
http://blandsaft.forumer.com
GO JOIN!

FIRST MEETUP: THURSDAY APRIL 15!!!

Was fun times.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 01:40:41 AM by Christoffer » Logged
blundis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 10:28:41 PM »

I'm down like motown with this idea BUT with one condition; we need a sweet name.
Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 11:42:25 PM »

I'm down... if I move to Stockholm (which I might).

PlayMeTape
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 01:26:37 AM »

I'm down like motown with this idea BUT with one condition; we need a sweet name.

Indeed we do, I mean The Hand Eye Society? Come'on, how sweet is that!

I'm glad others are interested, tell your friends!

Where do you live now Pierog?
pen
Level 8

babyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 10:26:29 AM »

I'd love to hang out, make games and drink with Swedish TIGers!
Beer!

I AM FREE!
PlayMeTape
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 11:54:15 AM »

I bet we're a lot more from around here than we think (or at least I thought). Could turn into something. At the very least we should drink together sometime! Wink

Do you have any creative friends you think would like to participate in making games? I think that including people who don't have the same interests plus experiences could really help the overall creativity in creations. It would be very enjoyable as well!
pen
Level 8

babyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 01:04:03 PM »

I'm an intern at a newly started game company, and I know a few people over at futuregames. Oh, and dacke - the code magician.

I AM FREE!
PlayMeTape
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 01:15:30 PM »

I'm an intern at a newly started game company, and I know a few people over at futuregames. Oh, and dacke - the code magician.

Really? I'm studying at futuregames! Do you know any of the new students? Or some of the old?
pen
Level 8

babyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 01:26:32 PM »

Really? I'm studying at futuregames! Do you know any of the new students? Or some of the old?
I know Emil from the old class, and Erik from the new one. (Erik I've known since way way back)

I AM FREE!
PlayMeTape
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 01:41:07 PM »

Alright, well what a coincidence. Smiley

You should tell Erik to bring you along to the next Berghs Bar.
Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 04:42:20 PM »

Indeed we do, I mean The Hand Eye Society? Come'on, how sweet is that!

I'm glad others are interested, tell your friends!

Where do you live now Pierog?

Technically I'm a homeless drifter, and am currently living in Miami, FL USA, but I hail from Chicago, IL USA and Krakow, Poland and have a dual-citizenship so I can pretty much go anywhere an American or EU-citizen can go.

PlayMeTape
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 12:42:58 PM »

Okay, that's cool. But you're thinking of moving to Stockholm? If so, how so? Smiley
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 01:08:57 PM »

As someone who had the same idea in another part of the world, it's a very good Idea!

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2010, 03:06:25 PM »

Okay, that's cool. But you're thinking of moving to Stockholm? If so, how so? Smiley

I'm thinking it will be interesting.

Robotacon
Pixelhead
Level 3

Story mode

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2010, 11:35:01 PM »

Sounds like an interesting idea
I need someone I can bounce ideas and prototypes with.
blundis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 04:07:09 AM »

We should get the ball rolling on this. Christoffer, are you planning on creating a forum or something for our sexual Swedish needs?
PlayMeTape
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 05:59:26 AM »

I could start one of those not so fancy prebuilt forums but I'm no php-wizard. What would you suggest we do?

I mean we could just start a mailing list but getting people talking with eachother might be key to getting this whole thing together.

Anyone else have any suggestions what would be most effective?
Robotwo
Level 2

I'm a complicated being after all

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 06:35:48 AM »

I'm not bound to move soon , if I was I so would be in on this  Smiley

What we are is simply a stepping stone to what we can become
blundis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 06:55:56 AM »

I could start one of those not so fancy prebuilt forums but I'm no php-wizard. What would you suggest we do?

I mean we could just start a mailing list but getting people talking with eachother might be key to getting this whole thing together.

Anyone else have any suggestions what would be most effective?

I think a forum would work well (even though a half-empty forum is quite depressing), check out http://www.forumer.com/, looks like a good free service.

We should have a game-making contest leading up to a IRL meetup/showdown with alcohol and gaming Beer!.
PlayMeTape
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2010, 07:07:59 AM »

I'm not bound to move soon , if I was I so would be in on this  Smiley

You'll just have to come visit then! Wink

I'll set up a forum this afternoon I've just got to complete my school assignment.

I'll probably just call it Swedish Game Collective for now if none of you have any better suggestions?
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic