Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 03:34:22 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallmif2000's Hamlet [PC, iOS, Android]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: mif2000's Hamlet [PC, iOS, Android]  (Read 7336 times)
mif2000
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 11, 2010, 10:51:55 PM »

Description:
  • In the best traditions of classic adventure games.
  • The first indie game in the world based on Shakespeare's "Hamlet".
  • Original logic puzzles. There is no inventory in the game.
  • Boss battles.

Trailer: vimeo.com/mif2000/hamlet-trailer

Site: gameletgame.blogspot.com
Developer: mif2000

Screenshots:
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 09:57:26 AM by mif2000 » Logged
deathtotheweird
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 06:45:17 AM »

Seems kinda advertise-y but I'll excuse it because the game looks awesome, and based on Hamlet which is also cool. I liked the music in the trailer, and the style of the artwork.
mif2000
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 06:54:59 AM »

Seems kinda advertise-y but I'll excuse it because the game looks awesome, and based on Hamlet which is also cool. I liked the music in the trailer, and the style of the artwork.

I have made this game alone.
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 09:50:55 PM »

Oddest idea. It's like Hamlet in picture-book land. Seems cool enough.

Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 10:22:26 PM »

Interesting style. Looking forward to seeing how it plays.  Smiley

After a five second google search, I found this. Sorry.  Sad

mif2000
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 02:59:03 AM »

After a five second google search, I found this. Sorry.  Sad

The first indie-shareware-with graphics and sounds-from Russia-developed by mif2000-PC-game in the world based on Shakespeare's "Hamlet". Is it correctly now?  Wink
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 09:39:06 AM »

Impressive! You made this all on your own as well, double impressive! Will be interested to buy this and get my gamelet on. What VSTs did you use to make the music? Rather incredible samples, sounds like a lot of EastWest magic! I am probably wrong though!

Power to you, it's always tougher to work with people who are awesome at everything hehe, since.. well, they've got all the bases covered! And that you have mate. Tis a seriously great talent.

mif2000
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 10:04:01 AM »

Impressive! You made this all on your own as well, double impressive! Will be interested to buy this and get my gamelet on. What VSTs did you use to make the music? Rather incredible samples, sounds like a lot of EastWest magic! I am probably wrong though!

Power to you, it's always tougher to work with people who are awesome at everything hehe, since.. well, they've got all the bases covered! And that you have mate. Tis a seriously great talent.

I don't use music into game levels, only ambients. I use sounds and music from www.soundsnap.com
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 01:21:21 PM »

Ah cool ok, thought the music from the trailer was in the game! No worries though, still looking forward to it.

mif2000
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 05:32:20 AM »

Working title "Gamelet" has been changed to "Hamlet". So full game title is now "Hamlet or last game without MMORPG elements, shaders and product placement". Short game title is "Hamlet" or "mif2000's Hamlet".

Release date - 8 April 2010
mif2000
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 11:10:02 PM »

Cagey
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2010, 02:12:15 PM »

Just saw the trailer. I want to give you all my money.

This looks so cool.

mif2000
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 11:16:34 PM »

Release!
Play trial version and buy
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2010, 01:35:32 AM »

Played the demo. Brief impressions below. Highlight the black areas to show spoilers.

Made it to the locked door in Claudius' throne room in Act IV or V (right after the Where's Waldo puzzle) in 53 minutes before giving up for the night. Only used hints in that one puzzle (and was disappointed that after waiting for a second hint, I just received the first one again. (Something to do with seeing cross-sections of 3d characters but no idea what it was referring to. Couldn't find any hotspots besides the four code entry panels on the door.) I guess you should be relieved I didn't finish the game in the demo time limit, although making it so far is making me a bit hesitant to purchase the full version, since it feels like I'm close to the end.

Some nice puzzles. I particularly liked the chemical symbol one and the sun lock emoticon one. A few were annoying due to the lack of highlighted hotspots (especially not knowing I could walk on top of the crate in the second silhoutted puzzle), but I can see that this might have been to make puzzles like the Where's Waldo one less trivial. A few of the puzzles dealing with taking away control felt really contrived, like the octopus eyeball one, and the time window for clicking Claudius' notes in the first fight was a bit irritating. Oh, and using the crab from the time traveler's thought bubble was a real groaner of a solution that I only found funny in retrospect.

Really charming art, animation, and sound all throughout. Nicely done!

mif2000
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010, 02:30:52 AM »

If you have problems at the level with notes (Claudius playing guitar) you can download new version of the game ( http://www.alawar.com/game/hamlet/ ).
Now after you use the Hint at that level the puzzle with notes will become easier.
mif2000
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2010, 11:06:06 PM »

Scores:
Just Adventure - 4/5
Common Sense Media - 4/5
Gamesetter - 4/5
IGN - 7.5/10
Jeuxpo - 7.5/10
Armchair Empire - 7.5/10
Game Critics - 7.5/10