Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 02:07:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesDesktop Dungeons Tileset Sharing!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Desktop Dungeons Tileset Sharing!  (Read 109199 times)
TheDustin
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2010, 04:31:28 PM »

If you change the walls to "#" it'll please all of the Methusaluh-old gamers here.

I just dove into the .51 release and I'm loving it; your tileset is way cool Derek.
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2010, 06:41:27 PM »

Okay, updated. Walls are #. Altars are &. In deference to tradition, potions are bangs  Wink

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CP78QWCT

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2010, 04:06:41 AM »

Desktop Dungeons is my new roguelike obsession. A programmer with the necessary skills should hook up with the original developer and make an iPhone port.

Also, I really like the Dragon Questy looks of the Fighter sprite in your tileset, Derek, brings back good memories. I'm currently thinking of whipping up a monochromatic lo-fi tileset, but I'm too busy with other stuff at the moment.
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2010, 09:17:20 AM »

Indies and gentlemen, the Oryx tileset.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WWVE75FP

I know some of the bigger enemies are not doubled and may look a little incongruous next to the smaller ones, but they look so much better. Also, sorry for the terrible image quality, don't know why it does that.

Was also going to do the 1-bit version but I got lazy.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 09:23:37 AM by Hangedman » Logged

AUST
LFF
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2010, 09:34:17 AM »

I've tried making some new tiles and enemies, but the ones I've edited are just showing up blank when I switch to my theme. The names are correct, they're PNGs and they're 20x20. Anyone else having this problem?
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2010, 09:59:21 AM »

I just duped the default directory and overwrote every tile, rather than making them manually, and had no issues... make sure to get the name capitalization right, and the folder structure.

AUST
LFF
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2010, 10:02:31 AM »

That's what I've been doing. I made a copy of 'default', opened each tile in paint.NET, and saved it once I finished. Nothing should have changed.
Ninja Disguise
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2010, 08:25:08 PM »

They need to have an alpha channel, or else they won't work.
paxed
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2010, 11:54:57 PM »

Dang you're good, Derek! I wish I was good enough at pixel gfx to do my own tileset (though I'd do one for NetHack...)
Pencil_In_Pain
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2010, 03:04:25 AM »

Here's mine. But please, notice I haven't unlocked the entire game and I have no idea what It looks like past the first screens.

Download here: http://www.deviantart.com/download/158174283/Desktop_Dungeon___Strain_tiles_by_PencilInPain.rar

And feel free to share and edit.  Coffee

(edit: I put together some mockups to see what the unlockable levels look like. Only the upper left corner in the image is taken ingame).
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 07:56:29 AM by Pencil_In_Pain » Logged

Nikica
Level 5

Remember, it’s all in your head.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2010, 05:26:02 AM »

Here's mine. But please, notice I haven't unlocked the entire game and I have no idea what It looks like past the first screens.

Download here: http://www.deviantart.com/download/158174283/Desktop_Dungeon___Strain_tiles_by_PencilInPain.rar

And feel free to share and edit.  Coffee
o.O Nice tileset!  Kiss
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2010, 06:16:18 AM »

Very nice. I especially like the tele spells and the shop. Awesome shop.

AUST
Nandrew
Level 0

Working on Cadence

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2010, 06:57:28 AM »

Man, there's some kickass tilesets goin' down here! I see a lot of sources linking to this thread now, and for good reason too.

Gonna fire up DD and try these out now ...
Pencil_In_Pain
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2010, 07:53:22 AM »

Very nice. I especially like the tele spells and the shop. Awesome shop.

Some tiles work better than others. I'm currently playing with a mixture of my own set and some of Derek's tiles (which are awesome btw).

bluddo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2010, 11:06:02 AM »

Gameboy themed tileset.

Because I miss the days when video games DESTROYED your vision.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0CB8JPNL
Pencil_In_Pain
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2010, 02:33:03 AM »

Gameboy themed tileset.
Because I miss the days when video games DESTROYED your vision.

That's awesome!  Smiley

Del_Duio
Level 2

Supreme Omelettelord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2010, 05:46:40 AM »

Just wanted to chime in that this is such an awesome game!!

I've been using Derek's tileset because .rar files are a pain to be honest (although those other ones look great too).

What program do you guys use to save the tilesets with transparencies? I tried opening them up to edit in regular MS Paint or whatever and it just saves the borders as solid white. Even still in the .png format.

Also, what the heck does the god who has "SOUL" on his altar do exactly? I couldn't figure it out. Only won the game once so far out of about 10 tries finally with a human thief who worshipped Tookie Trickster or whosiewhatsis who gives you +% to dodge attacks. Every other time I'd clear the level but have no more potions or decent spells and be surrounded by enemies all tougher than myself. Are there plans to expand upon this game any? It's really really good.  Smiley

DXF Games: Just a Cleric, Equin- The Lantern, Hasslevania, ODW, Neil Peart- Mission: The Camera Eye and more http://dxfgames.com
Dugan
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2010, 02:55:08 PM »

What program do you guys use to save the tilesets with transparencies? I tried opening them up to edit in regular MS Paint or whatever and it just saves the borders as solid white. Even still in the .png format.

Photoshop /Gimp (which is free - http://www.gimp.org/) / PaintshopPro should all work fine to let you save a png with transparency (draw on a clear layer, then just save without indexing it).

This is a cool game, but is it insanely hard or is it just me being rubbish? I cant seem to finish the snake pit level Cry

Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2010, 03:10:16 PM »

Not just you. It is friggin' hard.

AUST
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2010, 02:32:01 PM »

If anyone's interested, I got a simple little AutoHotkey script that doubles the game window and centers it. I find the normal sized window too small, but maximizing it messes up the scale somewhat, so I prefer the "clean" double resolution.

It's set up so it automatically runs Desktop Dungeons from the given path and then automatically doubles the window size and centers it when the game's loaded. You need to have AutoHotkey installed and then need to change the game's path in the script unless it's "c:\games\desktop dungeons".
Maybe one or two will find it useful until DD properly scales by itself Smiley
Here it is: [...]

[edit]
Updated, see here
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 08:12:30 AM by MisterX » Logged

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic