Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 06:34:50 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesNintendo 3DS
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 107
Print
Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS  (Read 246967 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: January 05, 2012, 12:34:05 PM »

nintendo: doomed since 1997
Trevor Dunbar
Level 10

Working on unannouned fighting game.

View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: January 06, 2012, 03:05:14 AM »

How can the NES come in and bring video games back after the video game crash Atari started?
IMPOSSIBLE.

Video games at home ruined forever, they were just another fad and I wasted so much money on this home version of pac-man and this awful movie-tie in game for E.T.

Maybe arcades can still be successful, but owning home consoles is on the way out.

-----

Anyways, I still can't 3 star 150CC cups on Mario Kart 7, I get item spammed at the last possible second.

Also- Some the the ghost data online is freaking insane. Theres this one guy as koopa on cheep cheep and he just goes sooo sooo fast.

Toucantastic.
Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1302 on: January 06, 2012, 02:28:53 PM »

I was disappointed I hadn't received my NES Kid Icarus download code from Club Nintendo Europe yet. Turns out you have to actively enter your email address once you become eligible for the code (by registering a couple of 3DS games). So if you're eligible for it, make sure you apply for it.

I got Trip World on Virtual Console yesterday. Lovely graphics, cool music. The gameplay's a bit odd, lots of seemingly nonthreatening enemies and powerups that I can't work out much of a purpose for. I love being able to play Game Boy games I've never even heard of before, though.

Playing Professor Layton 3 at the moment. I'm planning on catching up with the series just in time for when the 5th comes out on 3DS. On a side note: if you're playing a GBA or DS game on 3DS, you can still change the brightness settings without returning to the home screen. Press Home so the "do you want to quit" box appears. Then hold Start and use up/down on the dpad to change the brightness. Not sure if that's common knowledge already.

[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: January 06, 2012, 06:43:09 PM »

@Trevor: in my experience, getting 3 starts requires you to be in 1st place for a long time during the race, last-second comebacks don't get you 3 stars. And yes, if you're unlucky enough to get item spammed, you're much better starting the cup from scratch.

@Ishi: Ugh, I want to play Trip World but it's probably not coming to America, since it wasn't originally released here. Looks great.
Kramlack
« Reply #1304 on: January 06, 2012, 06:53:02 PM »

@Ishi: Ugh, I want to play Trip World but it's probably not coming to America, since it wasn't originally released here. Looks great.

You're not missing much. I've played it a few times on an emulator (mostly when I heard it was by the guys who did Ufouria), and while it's a neat little game, it just seems like a lot of fluff. As Ishi mentioned, there's a lot of harmless enemies and seemingly useless power ups, it's got some nice art but it's a game I wouldn't regret missing out on or anything.
DavidCaruso
YEEEAAAHHHHHH
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: January 06, 2012, 06:56:34 PM »

Play/emulate the game's "prequel" Gimmick! instead, if you haven't already. Wink It's one of the best NES/FC games, probably even better than Batman (Sunsoft's second most awesome game on the system.) I want to say the best NES/FC action game but I'm not qualified to make that statement given how the later two NG games are still on my backlog. I'm surprised I don't see people here talking about it more.

Original JP version of course, for

« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 07:36:19 PM by DavidCaruso » Logged

Steel Assault devlog - NES-style 2D action platformer: successfully Kickstarted!
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: January 06, 2012, 06:59:20 PM »

I still wish I could play it since the visuals and music are pretty nice. I emulated a bit of it, but I don't want to play too much in case it does come out on 3DS Sad

I'll emulate Gimmick!, though Durr...?
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: January 07, 2012, 01:14:06 PM »

I might be a bit late to the party, but here's my code:

0989-1753-5101

Beware of crappy doodles Tongue

Conker534
« Reply #1308 on: January 15, 2012, 02:26:56 PM »

Got Harvest Moon for my 3DS.

Smiley
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: January 15, 2012, 05:52:27 PM »

Tale of Two Towns? It's supposedly ridden with freezing glitches and constant slowdown Concerned
Kramlack
« Reply #1310 on: January 19, 2012, 04:36:12 PM »

Just tried the Resident Evil Revelations demo. I was horrified to hear the game featured health regen but they've since taken that out (as I noticed in the demo). The game is incredible. Easily one of the best looking 3DS games I've played and it handles beautifully without the stupid add on pad. Definitely went from a "Don't care about this", to a "Day 1 buy" for me.

I'd recommend giving it a try if you have a 3DS. It takes 1100-something blocks of space, and unfortunately is limited to 30 uses (but with the game coming out Feb. 7, I guess that's enough until then).
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: January 26, 2012, 11:39:02 AM »

That RE demo is great indeed, I hadn't enjoyed something related to RE since... Zero, I think. Still, I think I'll buy it when I find it cheaper.

I mean, they can't even type REVELATIONS correctly:

Also, today we get Mutant Mudds on the eShop, I'll definitely buy it Kiss The music sounds great.

Aloshi
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: January 26, 2012, 04:01:42 PM »

That RE:R demo is definitely good. I don't even like Resident Evil, but I could see it was a quality title. The 3D effect worked pretty well I thought; subtle and didn't give me a headache, surprisingly. It's really a shame I don't like horror games.
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: January 26, 2012, 05:12:16 PM »

Everyone needs to buy Mutand Mudds right now Kiss It's my favorite use of the 3D effect so far. And it's in a 2D platformer, go figure.
Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1314 on: January 26, 2012, 05:21:57 PM »

No Mutant Mudds for Europe. We don't even have VVVVVV yet. This week we have, err, Balloon Kid on Game Boy.

My most played thing at the moment is Mii Plaza. We're having quite a lot of fun at work powering through Quest II multiple times, and working together on the new puzzle panels. Barely got any of the pink pieces, though.

Kramlack
« Reply #1315 on: February 20, 2012, 08:26:29 PM »

SEAMAN ON 3DS! SEAMAN ON 3DS! SEAMAN ON 3DS!  Kiss
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1316 on: February 20, 2012, 08:33:41 PM »

I realized that there were demos.
I played the demos. A couple times. Takes me back.

It was fun. Did a silent run of the MGS demo. Controls are pretty good.
My only real complaint was that the FPS view isn't in 3D, so every time you snap out of it to TPS there's a moment of unfocusing.
In any case, it looked and ran super nice.

I've been playing Ghost Recon again. Still quite a good game that uses the 3D nicely, with the tiny little game-board look of the people and props.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: February 20, 2012, 09:14:34 PM »

I didn't love the MGS demo, but honestly I've never been a fan of the series. I enjoyed the RE demo much better... but still, haven't found enough motivation to buy it. I bought Samurai Warriors Chronicles instead Durr...?

The Mario & Sonic demo is sad. Absolute worst Mario spin-off series to date.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: February 21, 2012, 01:22:01 AM »

god the comment thread is depressing
Ivsucram
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: February 22, 2012, 12:34:49 AM »

I liked the MGS3D demo, but we can see a problem there: the lack of buttons on the 3DS.

Like, with time is easy to get used to the combination of buttons to do some tricks on the MGS (like run, roll on the floor and then continue lying down on the ground). For most people this will be confuse.

But taking out that, I liked a lot. The graphics are pretty good, but I don't know if MGS is a good game to play in such a small screen.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 107
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic