Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411415 Posts in 69361 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 03:23:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesNintendo 3DS
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 107
Print
Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS  (Read 249159 times)
sugarbeard
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2010, 06:40:50 AM »

Nintendo may have dropped the ball on their consoles but there handhelds are always top notch. Looking forward to seeing more about this.

Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2010, 06:44:57 AM »

I have a DS Lite (because my DS broke, but that's my fault), and skipped the DSi because I predicted the coming of the DSi XL pretty accurately... and now this.

FFFF

I'm looking to upgrade eventually, but should I wait another year?

Probably.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Brother Android
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2010, 06:45:54 AM »

I'm thinking this is probably not a DS redesign, as it claims backwards compatibility with DS games but not with GBA games.

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2010, 06:47:58 AM »

I don't understand why people rag on the Wii so much, It gets more use around my place then the other 2 consoles.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2010, 06:50:09 AM »

Yup. I annoy my fiancee all the time because I go to visit her and then play too much No More Heroes. So then she beats me at Mario Party.

Anyway, I have lots of old Nintendo systems kicking around if I feel the need to play GBA/GB, and I don't expect my DSL to break. Although the L button sticks sometimes. I just want to get in on the 'actual easy internet connectivity' and some of the DSiWare that is sadly underappreciated.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Gold Cray
Level 10

Gold Cray

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2010, 06:54:08 AM »

Interesting, I certainly wasn't expecting 3D to be the main selling point of a handheld. I wonder how it works without glasses.
There are two screens and you cross your eyes.
Kramlack
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2010, 06:56:04 AM »

Although the L button sticks sometimes.

Just a heads up, enjoy it while it lasts. It's fairly common that the triggers on DS Lite's break quickly. I've lost my own DS Lite and know of a few friends who also have. This is the reason I had to upgrade to a DSi.

/end derailing
Notch
Level 2

Trying to forget 320x200 in favor of 320x240.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2010, 07:33:00 AM »

Is this "3D without glasses" the same as

?
This is what I'm expecting.

God, I hope that's not it. I want proper steroscopic images, not something that attempts to track what angle my eyes are to the screen, fail, and will always lag behind.

A passive technology (parallax barrier, as mentioned before) would be perfect since you almost always hold a hand held gaming device at somewhat predictable distances and angles.

And just imagine, Zelda 85 - Ghastly Subways will have 3d bosses! Woo!
Demon Lizardman
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2010, 08:06:06 AM »

I'm hoping for gamecube graphics, Super Mario Sunshine portable anyone?

Andrew Brophy
Level 2

can't be hip forever

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2010, 08:35:57 AM »

The graphics look totally rad:

BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2010, 08:49:25 AM »

Oh man, how did you get a picture of the prototype?! Shocked

kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2010, 08:51:52 AM »

The graphics look totally rad:

Doesn't even have anti-aliasing, Nintendo is screwing us again with a cheap product.
Laremere
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2010, 09:15:19 AM »

Someone comes out with hologram technology and you complain about anti-aliasing?   Droop

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, is sound_tree_fall.play() called?

"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom."
-Albert Einstein
kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2010, 09:20:48 AM »

I'm not in favor of 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

Also I might be biased on this, but I don't like cardboard buttons.
falsion
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2010, 09:27:23 AM »

I'm excited for the next DS that is eventually going to replace this and the one before it and the one before it within less than a few months. Though I might wait it out and get the next one after that.

Can't say I'd be too pleased if they replace my DS 3DSi Lite XL Electric Boogaloo edition with yet another one though.
TwilightVulpine
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2010, 09:44:13 AM »

So, is this just another version of the DS?

I want Nintendo either come back with GBA compatibility, bring a completely new handheld, or both. Anything else will give me the feeling that Nintendo is just trying to rip people off. Making me to choose between GBA/Guitar Hero and DSiWare (or buy two DSs) was bad enough.

I see 3D as just a gimmick. And not just gimmick, an old gimmick. It already was used in both movies and games, and it didn't go far. Any new technology is not much different, as long as I need to stack another pair of glasses over the ones I already use, it's not good enough. If I can't see with only my eyes, I don't care, and even then it's still just a gimmick.
Core Xii
Level 10

the resident dissident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2010, 09:48:58 AM »

Eh. It's ok to refine a product line over time but frankly I'd like something... Different. 3D is cool and all but in the end we'll just get yet another iteration in the adventures of Mario, Zelda and Samus.

I feel they should, one way or another, cram every Nintendo system so far into one package. A handheld that plays everything from NES to GameCube. Kinda what they did with the Wii, just mobile. I realize you can't fit all the cartridge slots onto one device, I'm just saying, they should find a way to make it happen.
Laremere
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2010, 09:54:33 AM »

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2010/100323e.pdf

March 23, 2010
To Whom It May Concern:
Re:   Launch of New Portable Game Machine

Nintendo Co., Ltd.(Minami-ward of Kyoto-city, President Satoru Iwata) will launch “Nintendo 3DS” (temp) during the fiscal year ending March 2011, on which games can be enjoyed with 3D effects without the need for any special glasses.

“Nintendo 3DS” (temp) is going to be the new portable game machine to succeed “Nintendo DS series”, whose cumulative consolidated sales from Nintendo amounted to 125million units as of the end of December 2009, and will include backward compatibility so that the software for Nintendo DS series, including the ones for Nintendo DSi, can also be enjoyed.

We are planning to announce additional details at E3 show, which is scheduled to be held from June 15, 2010 at Los Angeles in the U.S.
Don't know how they plan on pulling that off, but they do plan on it.

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, is sound_tree_fall.play() called?

"Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom."
-Albert Einstein
AriesT
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2010, 12:03:40 PM »

I will so buy this when it will be released in 2011.
My DS will be 6 years old then and I'll have finished Golden Sun DS, the best handheld rpg ever made (at least I hope so).
I'm very excited what the 3D effect will look like and how the tilt sensors will be integrated. We'll see it at E3, which will kick ass this year when Zelda, the new Retro Studios project, maybe Pikmin 3 and the 3DS will be presented.

However, I know one thing for sure. Sony will copy everything again. Beer!

Never give up your dreams. They are worth to live for!
Laremere
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2010, 12:06:26 PM »

I'm pretty sure that Pickmin 3 will be at least showed off, as they mentioned it last year.  I'm less sure they'll show anything about Zelda, but I really hope they do, because, well....I'm a total Zelda fan boy and really want a new Zelda badly.

-Albert Einstein
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 107
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic