Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 09:33:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesNintendo 3DS
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 107
Print
Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS  (Read 249334 times)
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2040 on: March 29, 2014, 05:26:27 AM »

Oh man, it came out? I gotta pick that up this weekend, then! That snuck up on me.

Oh, PAL regions only, not NA. Way to get my hopes up.
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2041 on: March 29, 2014, 04:05:30 PM »

Also I'm enjoying FE: Awakening but it's a little easy compared to other games in the series, which is disappointing but it's still fun.

"Hard" difficulty in Awakening is roughly equivalent to the standard difficulty of the previous FE games. If you are playing on normal you probably want to switch to hard. But even that gets easy once you master the pair up system.

juan
Level 0

I need scissors! 61!

View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: March 29, 2014, 05:41:44 PM »

I'm playing on Hard Classic and it seems easier than previous games, I think the pair up thing is just a little too op.

i promise i'm making a game.
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2043 on: March 30, 2014, 12:45:33 AM »

I found the hard to be hard in first 10 chapters probably partially because I haven't had mastered the pair up yet. Imo it felt harder than GBA ones. However, after that the difficulty evened out a lot and Donnel made some later chapters a complete joke.

FanFan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2044 on: April 06, 2014, 07:19:12 AM »

...So, anyone (still) playing Bravely Default here?

No?

Yeah, still playing. About 8 hours in. I am enjoying it, but I am having trouble getting super into it. Are you still playing BD?

Man, i missed this. I just completed the game (true end) on hard. Took me 80 hours... Damn, that Chapter 5+ was really, really bad design choice.

Everything else is ranging from good to awesome though! Now THIS is how jRPG should be, Silicon Studio (and Squenix).
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: April 06, 2014, 08:30:13 AM »

Everything else is ranging from good to awesome though! Now THIS is how jRPG should be, Silicon Studio (and Squenix).

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/214326/Square_Enix_president_admits_that_company_lost_focus.php

http://kotaku.com/square-enix-has-finally-realized-that-people-like-jrpgs-1555236872

They are taking note

Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2046 on: April 06, 2014, 08:45:24 AM »

I borrowed BD from my friend. Still in rather beginning. I kind of like it except that Agnes as a character is getting on my nerves. Other than few jrpg cliches it's still rather entertaining. Also, since I'm at the beginning it probably gets a bit better later like jrpgs tend to.

Conker534
« Reply #2047 on: April 06, 2014, 08:55:12 AM »

I bought Weapon Shop De Omasse from the online store. Its hilarious! Great game, glad I bought it.
FanFan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2048 on: April 06, 2014, 09:02:13 AM »

They have been in some sort of inferiority complex lately. Remember how they present what made FFXIV fail in GDC ("We made the flowerpot too awesome")? I do hope they get better after this.

I borrowed BD from my friend. Still in rather beginning. I kind of like it except that Agnes as a character is getting on my nerves. Other than few jrpg cliches it's still rather entertaining. Also, since I'm at the beginning it probably gets a bit better later like jrpgs tend to.

The plot is kind of cliche'd (moreover if you've read/watch/play Steins;Gate, another work of game's writer. You'll KNOW there will be Steins;Gate tropes here and there). It's the execution that makes it great IMO.

Also, the party customization and battle mechanic is so deep i could spend hours just to create-test new party setups. It's the main selling point of the game, really.

I bought Weapon Shop De Omasse from the online store. Its hilarious! Great game, glad I bought it.

People have been saying to me that there are jokes/elements that are lost in translation during the game's localization. Does it affect the game greatly?
Conker534
« Reply #2049 on: April 06, 2014, 09:04:21 AM »

Na its still funny
Faust06
Level 5

terminally laid-back

View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: April 06, 2014, 09:12:31 AM »

The sense of "rediscovery" of jrpgs on Square-Enix' part is silly. The 3ds releases are just less bloated than their other unplayable monstrosities. FFXIII is the worst modern rpg I've had the misfortune to play.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: April 06, 2014, 03:02:29 PM »

But FFXIII-2 was pretty rad and ditched most of the horrible parts of XIII like the awful upgrade systems.

SquareEnix makes mistakes, but at least it seems like after they make a mistake they figure out how to correct it.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: April 06, 2014, 04:06:45 PM »

The sense of "rediscovery" of jrpgs on Square-Enix' part is silly. The 3ds releases are just less bloated than their other unplayable monstrosities. FFXIII is the worst modern rpg I've had the misfortune to play.

i think its pretty much just a pr move lol. squeenix published dragon quest 9, it's not like they stopped with the good "traditional" jrpgs or anything.
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2053 on: April 07, 2014, 05:01:35 AM »

People have been saying to me that there are jokes/elements that are lost in translation during the game's localization. Does it affect the game greatly?

I didn't think there was very much that was lost in translation. If you are a fan of jRPGs you will find it funny. I thought the localization team did a great job and the game is extremely underrated by the review scores.

The idea that Squeenix "lost focus" is just ridiculous. Just because a game is for a worldwide audience doesn't mean it's automatically bloated and out of focus. That's just the developer's/writer's/producer's lack of skill at making/writing/designing games. Dark Souls was made by a Japanese team with a large amount of western fantasy influence and it wasn't hampered or hindered by the fact that it wasn't based on Japanese mythology.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: April 08, 2014, 05:32:55 AM »

i think what they mean isnt japanese devs taking inspiration from the "west", but the japanese game industry trying to make games they think are going to appeal to some imaginary caricature of a "western gamer" (and end up appealing to no one lol)
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2055 on: April 08, 2014, 05:42:31 AM »

The ending of Bravely Default is so bad that I didn't bother to actually complete it, and instead watched the ending on youtube.

I dunno who thought it'd be a good idea to make the real ending relatively secret, but to make it a massive bullshit chore to get it.

FanFan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2056 on: April 08, 2014, 01:58:52 PM »

The ending of Bravely Default is so bad that I didn't bother to actually complete it, and instead watched the ending on youtube.

I dunno who thought it'd be a good idea to make the real ending relatively secret, but to make it a massive bullshit chore to get it.

True that. Those last 4 chapters are really filler-fest, and i have no idea why they did that, except for "longer play time". The true boss battle was awesome in execution though... Creative use of social features and 3DS camera.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2057 on: April 09, 2014, 06:12:33 AM »

Creative use of social features and 3DS camera.
Explain.

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2058 on: April 09, 2014, 07:58:38 AM »

Creative use of social features and 3DS camera.
Explain.

The final boss, Ouroboros, starts destroying the worlds of people you have met. It has a couple of scenes featuring the characters from other players worlds. The camera shows your face at one point, showing that you are basically a God controlling the warriors of light to save the world(s)

Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2059 on: April 16, 2014, 09:49:18 AM »

I just got to the that filler part in BD  WTF Seriously?
Also looks like I have to grind a bit again. Luckily the game makes it easy.

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 107
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic