Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 09:25:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesNintendo 3DS
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107
Print
Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS  (Read 249333 times)
Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: April 22, 2014, 08:53:41 AM »

tutorials just need to be spread out, and optional. then players that need them need to be coerced into using them.
Terrorbuns
Level 4

Bluh bluh.

View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: April 22, 2014, 10:45:30 AM »

If you think 4 is fast, you should play the remake of EO1. That's even FASTER. Gotta go fast.

I like EO4 the most, but EO3's setting is my favorite. But yeah as far as tutorials go EO4 is basically "Ok here's the controls and make sure you assign skill points have fun!" It also has 3 unlockable classes and it gives you a chance to use them before you get them yourself, without spoiling it too much.
Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2082 on: April 22, 2014, 10:52:36 AM »

If I were to buy one of them RIGHT NOW which would you guys recommend?

Graham-
Level 10

ftw

View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: April 22, 2014, 11:16:55 AM »

how about now?
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2084 on: April 22, 2014, 03:35:29 PM »

I would also recommend EO4. It's cheaper to buy, and it has world map exploration and some cool features.

EO4's really the best Etrian Odyssey game in terms of the overall package of graphics and gameplay.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:42:52 PM by SundownKid » Logged

FanFan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2085 on: April 23, 2014, 12:39:29 AM »

I would also recommend EO4. It's cheaper to buy, and it has world map exploration and some cool features.

EO4's really the best Etrian Odyssey game in terms of the overall package of graphics and gameplay.

My personal favourite would be 2 because of how it feels.

Though i agree that EO4 is so far the most accessible EO... Too bad the main story bosses are kind of too easy (minus the boiling lizard, which is more annoying than hard) for me... And i'm already underleveled-on-purpose.

When you defeat the last boss in 8 turns while being underlevelled, you just know there's an issue in difficulty vs certain party builds..
ink.inc
« Reply #2086 on: April 23, 2014, 12:45:29 AM »

i ran a

landsknecht
nightseeker
fortress
sniper
medic

for the first half of the game

for the second half i ended up with a

imperial/bushi
nightseeker/bushi
sniper/bushi
fortress/dancer
medic/arcanist

and felt a pretty decent amount of challenge from the bosses (didn't do any grinding)

what were you using?
Terrorbuns
Level 4

Bluh bluh.

View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: April 23, 2014, 08:34:38 AM »

I personally ran a Landsknecht/Dancer, Bushi/Something I don't remember, Fortress/Landsknecht, Sniper/Bushi [Silver Arrow or whatever skill that ignores defense is SUPER STRONG when boosted by Bushi kit.], and Arcanist/Medic [Circles are really useful] and the final boss didn't give me TOO much trouble but was still pretty challenging!

I remember seeing videos of Imperial/Bushi and they can get REALLY RIDICULOUS in terms of damage-output.

EO:U is also pretty accessible but some bosses require you to keep FOEs out of the battle during the course of the fight and it's annoying imo. But I also took out the first FOE at level 6 in Classic mode so idk. Story mode also has a lot more content to it as well. Also canadian noble.
FanFan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2088 on: April 23, 2014, 10:44:08 AM »

Kinda forgot, but IIRC it was:

Nightseeker/Arcanist
Dancer/Nightseeker
Fortress/Landsknecht
Arcanist/Medic
Sniper/Runemaster

My party was focused in ailment and ailment damage boost for the NS. Nightseeker damage output was too high for my opinion. Not to mention my dual-wield/sword dance/blade flurry/trick samba dancer made my NS attack multiple times and she buff his attack even more.

Fortress is just being fortress and keeping everyone alive, while debuffing enemies' attack.

Sniper binds and (once leg bind) volley for extra "oomph" in the damage. She's replacable  with an Imperial depending on situation. Runemaster subclass because YAY FREE VOLLEY SPAM!

Arcanist spread venom/bind and heals party.

===

Compared to my EO2 no-Axcella-abuse run, EOIV's bosses really feels like a breeze to me.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 10:53:08 AM by FanFan » Logged
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2089 on: April 23, 2014, 09:04:23 PM »

I thought that EO4 was pretty darn hard, on normal difficulty. I raged on one boss and even contemplated turning the difficulty down, but I managed to get past everything (at least up to the late game area where I am). So yeah, chances are you won't have a problem with the game being too easy unless you have played all the other EO games and are a real pro at it.

I only played the original and 4, so I can't comment on 2 and 3, besides the music being awesome as usual.

ink.inc
« Reply #2090 on: April 23, 2014, 09:20:10 PM »

I played all of EO4 and up to the underwater area in EO3 (the reason i stopped playing was cos i got my hands on EO4).

While what I played of EO3 was very enjoyable, I really appreciated how the Overworld in EO4 allowed you to try/explore different areas in case you were stuck on the main dungeon. The earlier EOs had you going through the same floors over and over until you reached the next zone (which you could then TP to). There was much less diversity in enemies and far fewer floor 'puzzles' (though it was still a very solid game).
FanFan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2091 on: April 24, 2014, 11:32:08 PM »

I thought that EO4 was pretty darn hard, on normal difficulty. I raged on one boss and even contemplated turning the difficulty down, but I managed to get past everything (at least up to the late game area where I am). So yeah, chances are you won't have a problem with the game being too easy unless you have played all the other EO games and are a real pro at it.

I only played the original and 4, so I can't comment on 2 and 3, besides the music being awesome as usual.

I *do* play all EO games (is avid fans), though i'm not pro on anything. 3 was a bit broken because of sub-classing *cough*TP battery ninja/zodiac*cough*. I'm glad they semi-balanced-it-out in 4.

Nevertheless, i think luck contributes really much in my case. I find most bosses are really easy to struct ailment with (i usually get them all poisoned/blind/bind in 1~2 turn), whereas ailment = the end of them because of NS' damage + Dancer boost.

Extra bosses are where the difficulty ramps up for me.
Terrorbuns
Level 4

Bluh bluh.

View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: April 25, 2014, 06:44:04 AM »

Yeah the game's ailment system works in that getting the first application on them is pretty easy - but they gain resistance after each application, so it gets harder and harder to keep them afflicted.

Also speaking of extra bosses, EO4's 6th Stratum is super atmospheric and the way they did the area's music and battle music is pretty neat imo.
FanFan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2093 on: May 03, 2014, 02:02:35 AM »

Yeah the game's ailment system works in that getting the first application on them is pretty easy - but they gain resistance after each application, so it gets harder and harder to keep them afflicted.

Also speaking of extra bosses, EO4's 6th Stratum is super atmospheric and the way they did the area's music and battle music is pretty neat imo.

We can just reset them with Arcanist though, so that wont be an issue. I agree Stratum 6's music was great (albeit too creepy for me). "Am i *still* playing Etrian Odyssey? Are you sure i'm not playing Silent Hill or something?" were my first thought when entering that stratum.
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: May 06, 2014, 05:30:01 AM »

store said they'll give me a hundred bucks for my old 3ds if i traded it in for an xl

should i really?

FanFan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2095 on: May 06, 2014, 08:24:03 PM »

I personally think old 3DS is far better than XL in terms of portability and shape.
I like my 3DS fit in my pocket.
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2096 on: May 07, 2014, 04:10:15 AM »

I specifically waited for the XL because I thought the original 3DS was too small (nor did I like the design). The only issue with the XL is that the speakers are really weak and quiet. Otherwise it beats the original in every way.

FanFan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2097 on: May 07, 2014, 05:18:23 AM »

I specifically waited for the XL because I thought the original 3DS was too small (nor did I like the design). The only issue with the XL is that the speakers are really weak and quiet. Otherwise it beats the original in every way.

My hands are too small to handle XL "orz
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2098 on: May 07, 2014, 08:47:05 AM »

I like XL better designed. Then again I usually play at home so the size is not a problem.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: May 07, 2014, 09:27:43 AM »

i actually regret buying the original 3ds when it came out because now i can't really justify buying the XL, haha
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 01:18:21 PM by C.A. Silbereisen » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic