Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:58:14 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Creativecomicompo3 | check it out!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 46
Print
Author Topic: comicompo3 | check it out!  (Read 141209 times)
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« on: April 01, 2010, 03:28:20 AM »

Comicompo 3

READ THE COMIC

5 months and 76 pages later, it is revealed that all 4 teams were actually working together.  Their unity will bring about a creation that will reshape the universe and change man kind for the better.  Comicompo3 has finally arrived.

(If I messed up your credits or link please let me know asap.)

COMIC 1
Green Monkeys

01 Theo
02 Cthulhu32
03 Captain_404
04 agj
05 increpare
06 Morre
07 Pencerkoff
08 davioware
09 JaJitsu
10 Joaquim
11 JR Hill
12 Kevin
13 Slashie
14 mjau
15 Nate (Caliber9)
16 ChevyRay
17 Aik
18 lokijki
19 Jrsquee
20 Stwelin

COMIC 2
Blue Barracudas

01 hroon
02 Saker
03 savethedinosaurs
04 Gamecid
05 KittenEater
06 astrospoon
07 mintpuffs.
08 unsilentwill
-- Corpus
09 Oddball
10 Hempuli
11 Derek
12 Chris Zamanillo
13 Annihilator
-- FishyBoy
14 Mass
15 konjak
-- Eric McQuiggan
16 Chaoseed
17 Laufman
18 Almost
19 Michael Yamada

COMIC 3
Silver Snakes

01 kinnas
02 AuthenticKaizen
03 Mar
04 kYn
05 Inane
06 Barefists
07 Andy Wolff
08 sergiocornaga
-- partymetroid
09 bateleur
-- Huge
-- Bood_War
10 Hideous
-- cheeba
11 knight
12 handCraftedRadio
13 rob
14 woodley
15 ninjutsu63
-- GenericUser
-- Ashkin
16 Fifth
17 Gutter
18 Aglathan
19 r.kachowski

COMIC 4
Red Jaguars

01 pen
02 Renton
-- pgil
03 xerios
04 Xion
05 c-foo peng
06 rdein
07 Destral
08 John Nesky
09 Plasticware
10 Zaphos
11 JMickle
12 alastair john jack
-- Simon Andersson
13 thernz
14 PoV
15 Melly
16 teknogames
17 Shaun
18 Squiggly_P

THE COMIC IS DONE!  READ THIS:  Each page is credited to its author, as well as link to any website of their choosing (usually this is a portfolio website, or a blog, or whatever.)  Please PM me if you want a website linked to on your page.  Also, if you wish to change the name your page is credited to also include that in the PM.  Thanks!

What's a comicompo?
It's a comic by the community.  Everyone involved draws one page of the comic based only on the previous.  The entire comic is later assembled into a masterpiece.  Check out the last comicompo to see what kind of chaos ensues from this creation process.

How do I sign up?
Sign up's at this very moment are CLOSED.  There have been a few drop outs, and I want to fill the comics out to as close to 20 pages as I can.  If you have interest in being throw into the comic at this point in a random position, then SEND ME A PM STATING SUCH I will not be checking the thread for interest.  Also note that if you send me a PM saying you want to be in the comic, your turn may come up very soon.

Anyone can participate, and everyone is invited to participate.  It's not about artistic talent, but rather people of all types in the community coming together to create something amazing.

What do I do after signing up?
Pay attention to this thread.  After the order of the comic is announced it'll be up to you to make sure you don't drop the ball when it comes time to do your page.  You'll be getting a PRIVATE MESSAGE from me on this forum when your time comes.  The message will contain the page before yours.  Your job is to make a new page of the comic based only from that previous page.  When you're finished, send your page back to me and the comic continues.

The order of the comic is NOT the order you sign up in.  It is completely randomized after the sign ups are complete.  So pay attention to that order once it's announced.

What are the rules?
  • You have 5 days to complete your comic page
  • You can pass your turn a single time, but please do this as soon as your turn arrives.  This will change your position in the queue.  If you foresee a scheduling issue well before your time arrives, it's not a problem to move you around without counting that as your passed turn.
  • In the interest of time, if your 5 days expires and you don't respond at all, we will assume that you are dead and you are booted from the comic.
  • If you have already passed your turn, and you fail to complete your page on your 2nd chance then you are booted from the comic.
  • Finish your page, or else.  Don't send me uncompleted pages at the deadline.
  • The image must be at least 612px x 792px in size, and maintain a 8.5 x 11 aspect ratio.

What are some other tips?  (Not so much rules.)
  • Don't start on a page that is out of the scope of what you can do in 5 days.  If you're planning on taking 3 days just to ink your page, you're probably doing it wrong.
  • The intention of the comic is to make a continuous story from page to page, so try to keep the narrative going.  Remember, the person after you is only going to see YOUR PAGE, so try to make sure they have at least some idea what's going on.
  • Be careful about making a completely off the chart wacky page that has absolutely nothing to do with the previous in any way.  It tends to break the narrative, and some people don't enjoy that too much.
  • That being said, nothing is too crazy or off limits for the comic, but it would be appreciated if the narrative wasn't completely severed by a single page this time around.
  • If you don't have a scanner, maybe you shouldn't draw your comic on paper and just start digitally.
  • If you can't draw, who cares.
  • Pay attention to where you are in the queue and get ready to start your page when it's time
  • Try not to change your forum name into something completely different or crazy if you're going to participate, because that's how I'm keeping track of who you are.

THE PLAN
Comicompo 3 is going to be the MULTI-COMIC FRENZY.  Due to the immense popularity of last year's comic, this year the sign ups will be split up into different leagues.  Each league is responsible for one comic.  The ultimate goal is to have a bunch of smaller comics around 15 to 20 pages each, depending on the amount of sign ups it gets.  This will ensure that it doesn't take 10 months to complete the comic.

Other than that, this comic is going to be run the same way the previous two have.

Now, when it comes to a theme, that's a question for you guys.  Would you rather have a common plot line or theme to kick off each comic, or would you rather entrust it into the hands of whoever gets the first page?

That's about it
I was going to write an april fools joke here or something but this is no time for jokes.  This is the comicompo.

Stay tuned for updates edited into this post.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 11:32:01 PM by xerus » Logged
r.kachowski
Level 5

and certainly no love below

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 03:32:15 AM »

i'm in like cake in a fat man's mouth   Beer!
kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 04:31:30 AM »

Count me in.

Now, when it comes to a theme, that's a question for you guys.  Would you rather have a common plot line or theme to kick off each comic, or would you rather entrust it into the hands of whoever gets the first page?

I don't think there's much point to this, by the 3rd page the theme will probably twisted into something completely different already. That's the magic of the comicompo.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 04:51:32 AM »

pen
Level 8

babyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 05:16:49 AM »

Count me in!

I AM FREE!
Jo-o
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 05:17:20 AM »

I'm In!
(...)

Captain_404
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 05:20:36 AM »

I'm an inn!
AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 05:28:56 AM »

I'm in!

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
Bood_war
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2010, 05:48:54 AM »

I pledge to not completely suck this time.

Renton
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 06:02:08 AM »

In.
John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 06:23:41 AM »

In.
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW