So yesterday we had a little gamedev compo organized at #tigirc with a length of two hours. Basically we had multiple themes and were supposed to use as many of them as possible. I only ended up implementing one of them (endless flood) but then again I was pretty much the only one to actually finish
(you can get the compo version from here
if you're interested in what I had done at the 2-hour mark).
I decided to put in a few more hours of polish and testing into it and now it's starting to feel pretty nice and I think I'll continue developing it even further. Next step would be to implement some sort of pickups, include multiple weapons and enemies that actually differ in other factors than just looks.Get it here!
Here's a screenshot:(Taking interesting screenshots of this is pretty hard)
Anyway, I'd like to hear some feedback and ideas if you've got any. I've also included the source code in the zip (this is made with Construct, so the source code is the .cap file), if you're interested in taking a look at what's going on behind the scenes. Be warned that the code is quite messy at the moment, though. I didn't spend any time cleaning it up yet (and during the compo I simply didn't have time to do so).