Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411413 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 04:53:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsLights! Camera! Action! ACTION 52 OWNS (let's do this)
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96
Print
Author Topic: Lights! Camera! Action! ACTION 52 OWNS (let's do this)  (Read 537656 times)
Neonlare
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1880 on: December 26, 2012, 08:39:56 PM »

Been glancing through my old code of Crazy Shuffle and -wow-. This entire thing is really, really hotch-potch with its work arounds and code structure. I'm pretty much gonna call for an absolute remake from scratch of the current thing, changing up the gameplay a little bit from what it is right now.
Zccc
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: January 13, 2013, 02:43:27 PM »

Signed up in here just for this :D still I can't decide what game to choose... Great forum btw :D

ACTION-52-83ED5A1F
unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1882 on: January 21, 2013, 10:43:38 AM »

While it probably doesn't add much to the current discusstion, I want to claim The Cheetahmen so bad you can taste it and make it into a four course dinner. My programmer would be prepared to jump at it on a split second and I already have composers at the ready. Hell I'm even catching myeself spriting random things for the game when I should be preparing for an insanely important business meeting.

If I find I have the oppurtunity I'll claim the game. I just hope it works out...

Quote from: Snake-20/1/2013
https://twitter.com/snakepixel/status/293400197889921025
 Beg My Word! Beg
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 10:52:04 AM by unsilentwill » Logged

Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: January 21, 2013, 06:39:59 PM »

Ye gods, that's amazing!

I wonder if there's any chance of it coming to be?
chaated
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: January 23, 2013, 06:36:01 PM »

Which ones are still open?
The Moon Robot
Level 0

Smilenator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1885 on: January 25, 2013, 11:35:56 AM »

Which ones are still open?

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=18937.msg544625;topicseen#msg544625
in this link is the list of completed games of Action 52 owns there is also a list of incomplete games also

King Hadas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: January 25, 2013, 02:05:52 PM »

Some of those links don't work (Space Dreams, They Came, Lazer League) but yeah that's all the finished ones.

I wrote a list back on page 123 that's up to date. I'll keep it up to date too, why not. Mind you I'm not listing anything as taken unless I see some content.

Probably Crazy Shuffle and Non-Human are the only one of these that's gonna get finished. Crazy shuffle less so since Neonlare decided he's redoing all the code which is not always a good sign.
The Moon Robot
Level 0

Smilenator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1887 on: January 25, 2013, 02:08:22 PM »

Good good Smiley I Made a list on My blog you can comment on it to tell me to update it
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 11:57:29 AM by JetStrange » Logged

Zccc
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: January 26, 2013, 01:30:42 PM »

I really have no ideia if I should start Hambo's Adventure, because, even tough I reserved it, there's already a topic with a guy that started it! Did he gave up?

ACTION-52-83ED5A1F
The Moon Robot
Level 0

Smilenator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1889 on: January 26, 2013, 01:34:36 PM »

I really have no ideia if I should start Hambo's Adventure, because, even tough I reserved it, there's already a topic with a guy that started it! Did he gave up?

you asked him right ?

Zccc
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1890 on: January 27, 2013, 02:50:11 PM »

you asked him right ?

On his topic, yes

ACTION-52-83ED5A1F
The Moon Robot
Level 0

Smilenator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1891 on: January 27, 2013, 02:52:50 PM »

yea sorry I saw that yesterday should have said something Tongue So anyway if you can't work on that one which one are you going to switch to ( have to know to change the Status on the blog)

Zccc
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: January 28, 2013, 05:24:16 AM »

It's ok, I'll work on Hambo's Adventure Smiley

Also, if someone needs help with graphics, feel free to choose a game and talk to me,I can help you with graphics.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 01:32:07 PM by Zccc » Logged

ACTION-52-83ED5A1F
GBolt_0
Level 0

16-Bit Turd

View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: February 23, 2013, 12:32:20 AM »

Well, this thing is years old, apparently. But I do see available games in the signup page (along with the "OVERTIME MODE UNLOCKED" in the opening post and the posts above me). So I suppose it shouldn't be a problem if I took Bits and Pieces (very interesting game mechanic) or Manchester Beat (the hero looks badass).

I implore you to forgive my speaking of English, as I'm not so premium with it.
King Hadas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: February 23, 2013, 05:04:37 PM »

Yeah, no one's working on either of those. Good luck.
SF
Level 0

Game Builder Club and 3d Game Birds Gameapp Maker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1895 on: March 11, 2013, 10:23:34 AM »

Gimme G-Force Fighters.

Devlog
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 10:31:28 AM by SF » Logged

It's a bad day to be travelling, but it's a great day to drink it!
Neonlare
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1896 on: March 12, 2013, 09:38:21 PM »

I'll be taking Evil Empire if that's fine by folks~
The reboot of Crazy Shuffle is taking a lil longer than anticipated.
King Hadas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: March 13, 2013, 09:03:10 AM »

Neither G-force Fighters nor Evil Empire is being worked on so you're both golden.

SF- I see you're going the 3d route with your graphics, looks great. What kind of gameplay are you shooting for?

Neonlare- Same question towards Evil Empire, what are you shooting for? Also I'm curious, how much has Crazy Shuffle changed since the last build you posted? 
Neonlare
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1898 on: March 13, 2013, 09:09:28 AM »

Crazy Shuffle Changes - It's turned into something way more Rocky and Pocky esque. Instead of a closed confined environment, you're running around an over-world of sorts with the Ace of Hearts and the Ace of Spades blasting enemies and the likes. I had a mechanic where matching two would destroy the enemy, but it turned out to be more hassle than it was worth so I'm back to the drawing board in terms of "puzzle" elements. The graphics got upscaled, but I'm ering and ahing about whether or not to upgrade them to Genesis style graphics, but I want to keep the whole vibe and feel of it being a multi-cart game on the NES. Any thoughts on that?

As for Evil Empire, a short platformer with the emphasis on exploring and finding pathways is what's in mind for this project at the moment. Pretty simple in concept, with some mechanics that make it slightly different. I should hopefully have an engine test up soon.
SF
Level 0

Game Builder Club and 3d Game Birds Gameapp Maker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1899 on: March 14, 2013, 10:31:27 AM »

SF- I see you're going the 3d route with your graphics, looks great. What kind of gameplay are you shooting for?

Thanks! I'm making a point of not committing to gameplay until I can find out whether my ideas are actually fun. My current plan though is to have movement options based on short evasive bursts of speed, and for the player to be unarmed. You'll need to survive by creating gravity wells with your ship as the epicenter.

The gravity wells will cause projectiles and enemy debris to orbit your ship, and the idea is that the player will need to make quick decisions between when to use this makeshift satellite shield defensively (to block bullets and enemies, perhaps absorb and convert junk into fuel/speed) or offensively (to ram enemy ships, slingshot junk at other junk and large targets).

I really hope the gravity mechanic works because I have this idea for voxel-based enemies generated from the original game's sprites that would synergize perfectly with it. They'd break into component chunks so nicely. The voxels are all going to be Shuriken particles rather than mesh-based so it'll be super GPU friendly to have a tonne on screen too.

It's a bad day to be travelling, but it's a great day to drink it!
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic