Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 08:22:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsLights! Camera! Action! ACTION 52 OWNS (let's do this)
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96]
Print
Author Topic: Lights! Camera! Action! ACTION 52 OWNS (let's do this)  (Read 538067 times)
SF
Level 0

Game Builder Club and 3d Game Birds Gameapp Maker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1900 on: March 15, 2013, 05:05:46 PM »

Would it be treading on anyone's toes too much if I incorporate a couple songs and some graphics from other space shooter Action 52 games?

It's a bad day to be travelling, but it's a great day to drink it!
King Hadas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: March 16, 2013, 04:40:33 PM »

SF: I can't imagine that being a problem.

Neonlare: I don't think you should restrict yourself to an NES style solely for consistency's sake.

As for puzzle elements; I had this idea for your last build of Crazy Shuffle when it was an arena style game. On your HUD you could have a random sequence of enemy cards and if you killed the enemies in that order you'd get a life or something. Then they'd reshuffle and you could try for another one. I don't know exactly how your game plays now but maybe when you kill some enemies they'd drop a random card and if you collect them in the same sequence as the lineup in your HUD you'd get a powerup or something.
Neonlare
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1902 on: August 03, 2013, 03:22:47 PM »

Pulling a Sarkeesian here but Crazy Shuffle will be out and finished by this month.

Just so you know folks.  Cool
The Moon Robot
Level 0

Smilenator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1903 on: August 14, 2013, 12:59:07 PM »

Woo Its been awhile Smiley
Just wanted everyone to know that I just updated the Progress Blog.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 01:04:41 PM by JetStrange » Logged

Moon Goon
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: August 14, 2013, 01:49:55 PM »

Woo Its been awhile Smiley
Just wanted everyone to know that I just updated the Progress Blog.

Thanks for updating this.  Is there a list of completely untried Action 52 games?  So far I've only identified Spread Fire and Black Hole as never been attempted.

I'm a PEEK'er. I'm a POKE'er. And I'm a midnight coder. I type my programs and hit RUN.

Check out itch.io for my Atari 2600 game ROMs! http://theloon.itch.io/
Neonlare
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1905 on: August 16, 2013, 07:01:37 AM »

Chances are Crazy Shuffle will be a project that will updated ongoingly, for a few reasons;

1.) There's a multiplayer element I want to implement, but with the way Game Maker Studio works at the present moment, things such as 4 player multiplayer aren't going to be in sadly due to keyboard buttons sticking and just that being an awful, awful mess for any player.

2.) The build going up this month may not be a completed build, but it should at the very least be playable to some degree. It may be missing a few stages, or I may skip a stage for the while being (Meong had an additional stage updated to it, and the recent update released like a few weeks ago allows for the end level to actually be completed... Heh. Heh. Heh.   Big Laff ) In that case, I'm wondering whether or not to just have Crazy Shuffle be a multiplayer affair for this release since hell, these are mini-games after all, and we're lacking in that department at the moment for this Collaboration Project.

With that said however, I'm wondering if there are any other projects still up for grabs what with Crazy Shuffle approaching completion at the moment. I feel like doing some drastically different things with the next project, and I'm really damn set on seeing this entire project reach a conclusion with all games done justice.
The Moon Robot
Level 0

Smilenator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1906 on: August 16, 2013, 02:03:04 PM »

With that said however, I'm wondering if there are any other projects still up for grabs what with Crazy Shuffle approaching completion at the moment. I feel like doing some drastically different things with the next project, and I'm really damn set on seeing this entire project reach a conclusion with all games done justice.

well seems like Slashers, Dam busters, Sharks, Spread fire, Underground, Cry Baby, Lollipops, Billy Bob, Bits and Pieces, Manchester Beat, Hambo, Ninja Assault, Robbie Robot, And The Cheetamen. Are all Vacant Although The cheetahmen says work in progress but I'm not certain.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 02:08:08 PM by JetStrange » Logged

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: August 16, 2013, 02:24:52 PM »

Thing about Cheetahmen is, they're not gonna say who's making it. But whoever does is gonna be very, very good at this stuff.
Neonlare
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1908 on: August 16, 2013, 03:29:09 PM »

well seems like Slashers, Dam busters, Sharks, Spread fire, Underground, Cry Baby, Lollipops, Billy Bob, Bits and Pieces, Manchester Beat, Hambo, Ninja Assault, Robbie Robot, And The Cheetamen. Are all Vacant Although The cheetahmen says work in progress but I'm not certain.

Hmmm, I recall Haunted Halls and Evil Empire also being open, since no one was currently working on those. I'll have a gander at these and see what strikes out at me.

I really don't want to drift too far from the format of the original games, but considering how there's been like several shmups and platformers, I'm not sure how strongly kept to the original style some games can be, lest it all ends up being a bit of a repetition. Definitely eyeing at Robbie and the Robots along with some of the other ones, but it's all a matter of -what- to do with them. Mmmm decisions decisions.  Well, hello there!
The Moon Robot
Level 0

Smilenator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1909 on: August 25, 2013, 04:21:39 PM »

Okay so I was looking up the cheetahmen on kick starter and I went to the Action 52 site. I notice that they were going to Action 52.

then what I did was I message Greg himself saying that its already being done and I sent him to this page and the blog I made.

Now today I get a email from Greg Pabich.... heres wha he wrote:

I HAD BEEN WORKING WITH ARTHUR LEE (MR PODUNKIAN ) FOR SOME TIME WITH THE IDEA THAT I WOULD PUBLISH THE RESULTS OF ACTION 52 OWNS.  STILL WOULD LIKE TO DO THAT BUT ARTHUR HAD TO BOW OUT OF THE PROJECT DUE TO TIME.  WOULD LOVE TO TALK TO SOMEONE ABOUT PUCLISHING THE RESULRTS.
Thats really interesting indeed Smiley

Jaun
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: December 07, 2013, 03:22:27 PM »

So is this still running?

I'm certainly not a "pro" (as the web says), but I can do my best to remake a game and make it fun.

English is not my first language, so let me know if I made any grammatical crime.
Fighter375
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: December 09, 2013, 09:00:38 AM »

Glad to see this project is still going.If someone is intersted or already is working on cheetahmen I strongly suggest doing something like this:

the project has been abandoned but it has a lot of good thinks the original hadn't.
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1912 on: December 09, 2013, 10:22:04 PM »

So is this still running?

I'm certainly not a "pro" (as the web says), but I can do my best to remake a game and make it fun.

Go for it!  Wizard Hand Thumbs Up Right

Ult
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: February 08, 2014, 06:46:31 PM »

Just registered for Spread Fire. Probably going to do a Geometry Wars-esque thing with an aquatic motif.

Is anybody still doing Micro Mike? B/c if not then I'll do that too.

In fact, there seem to be a lot of games who devs never updated on. Anyone mind posting their current status on stuff?

ACTION-52-FB2C238E
MugoUrth
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: June 19, 2014, 02:53:44 PM »

I just learned about this project today, but... I'm wondering if it is still going on. Deep down, this has always kind of been one of my hidden dreams.

I... Don't know if I can really do any programming, though. What program is everyone using to make these games? While my programming experience is not that great, I am not a bad spriter if I say so myself. ...Well, I'm learning anyway. To be honest, if there's any Action 52 game I wouldn't mind remaking, it's Dam Busters. Maybe I just like cutesy characters. I see that one is not taken, but if got a little more skill in programming I wouldn't mind working on it.
ActionGamemaster
Level 0

I fight frogs regularly

View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: September 18, 2014, 04:12:56 AM »

I just learned about this project today, but... I'm wondering if it is still going on. Deep down, this has always kind of been one of my hidden dreams.

I... Don't know if I can really do any programming, though. What program is everyone using to make these games? While my programming experience is not that great, I am not a bad spriter if I say so myself. ...Well, I'm learning anyway. To be honest, if there's any Action 52 game I wouldn't mind remaking, it's Dam Busters. Maybe I just like cutesy characters. I see that one is not taken, but if got a little more skill in programming I wouldn't mind working on it.

There's been very little activity for 4 YEARS. It's sad. Though, making a good game for this collab might revive the whole thing, so, good luck, everybody!

...Anybody? Anybody wants to remake Action 52?

...Hello?

I'm doing a game thingie here:
ActionGamemaster
42ndPotato
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: June 08, 2018, 12:34:01 PM »

Just found out about this project, seems like my type of jam! I realize that all the games were taken years ago but I'd love to try my hand at Ooze if the original developer isn't working on it anymore. Would that be okay or is the collaboration too far gone?
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic