SO i might as well post this. First two levels of Rocket Jockey.
* The horsemen need some kind of warning before they appear. I suggest recalling Gokujou Parodius and its flashing exclamation marks and arrows on the edges of the screen. One of those before each of those guys pops in would be fine.
* In stage 2 a bullet ended up just sloooowly drifting across the screen for about a minute. Give them a limited lifetime of 5 to 10 seconds?
* The 2nd boss needs another period of vulnerability in-between its two attack phases. Otherwise, it just takes too long.
* Bug: losing a life to the 2nd boss makes Game Maker call an error.
* What exactly is the ship's hitbox? This is very important! Is it just the entire sprite or what? (If so, I think you should possibly make it a bit smaller to give folks some leeway.)
* I appreciate the automatic targeting, and think its scope ought to be just a bit wider.
* I've come to the conclusion that the rocks are really more pestersome than they ought to be. Remove some of them, please.
* Also, the power poles continue to be one-hit-kills despite being quite finicky to navigate around. Can't they just do damage and be destroyed?
* Enemy tanks, from the moment they are hit, should instantly lose collision-detection. I've lost a bit too many tanks to running into an already-dead enemy.
* Any cheats?
* Also: some kind of opening jingle. Not sure what, though.