Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 05:02:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesHumble indie bundle - pay whatever you want
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26
Print
Author Topic: Humble indie bundle - pay whatever you want  (Read 73881 times)
FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

OOOOOH! >:O

View Profile WWW
« Reply #480 on: December 22, 2010, 06:39:03 AM »

Cool! I had already bought the first bundle though, but cool!!

Also Its neat that we can redeem the games on steam. very neat! I appreciate that.

Chromeleon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 22, 2010, 06:50:58 AM »

It's great finally having Aquaria on Mac again. I bought the Ambrosia version a year or so ago and when I tried to re-download it the after a hard drive crash I had this summer, I found out they had deleted my account for whatever reason.
 Huh?

This is part of their DRM - I can't find the relevant news post on their site that they had about it when they first started using it, but each registration code has about a month's lifespan before the code invalidates itself, to prevent it from just being stuck on a website somewhere for all to see.
If you contacted them about it, you'd probably be able to get a renewed one.  Unless that's what you mean by "account"?  In which case I'd still say to ask about it, 'cause that's not how it's supposed to work.

But ultimately, the DRM-free bundle makes everything right with the world, anyway.
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #482 on: December 22, 2010, 08:02:21 AM »

Awesome stuff. I love that steam activation is included, I already had a lot of these games not on steam for a while and im so glad I have them on my account now (it makes it so much easier not to lose the install files.) Now the only hard part is to find time to play all of these games.

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #483 on: December 22, 2010, 08:05:03 AM »

100% is definitely older than the gta games, i remember using that term in the 80s. usually it refers to any collection system where you collect 100% of the items. i think if any game popularized it, it was super metroid, because it gave you a % at the end (of how much you collected) and you only got the best ending at 100%. but beating that game at 100% didn't require you do absolutely everything possible in the game, just that you get 100% of the items.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 22, 2010, 08:08:02 AM »

This is part of their DRM - I can't find the relevant news post on their site that they had about it when they first started using it, but each registration code has about a month's lifespan before the code invalidates itself, to prevent it from just being stuck on a website somewhere for all to see.
If you contacted them about it, you'd probably be able to get a renewed one.  Unless that's what you mean by "account"?  In which case I'd still say to ask about it, 'cause that's not how it's supposed to work.
Well you have to create an account there to download stuff, right? And when I tried to log in I got a "wrong username/password" error message. So I went to the password retrieval page and got something to the effect of "this email address is not in our database".

But yeah, not much point in bugging them with my issues now that I have the DRM-free bundle version.
ink.inc
« Reply #485 on: December 22, 2010, 09:47:53 AM »

Donating $20 more bucks. That was a really cool thing for them to do. Also, HOLY SHIT I CAN PLAY AQUARIA ON MY MAC AND HAVE IT RUN DECENTLY
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 10:18:16 AM by John Sandoval » Logged
deathtotheweird
« Reply #486 on: December 22, 2010, 12:24:16 PM »

Donating $20 more bucks. That was a really cool thing for them to do. Also, HOLY SHIT I CAN PLAY AQUARIA ON MY MAC AND HAVE IT RUN DECENTLY

Sadly you don't get Aquaria or Gish mac versions yet on Steam.

Still a very cool gesture. Future buyers have to pay over the average to be eligible to receive the HIB1 games though, hopefully this succeeds in raising the average.
Okenido
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 22, 2010, 12:39:50 PM »

This was a really nice unexpected gift.

I'd pay more, but I'm broke...
Riley Adams
Level 5

I don't actually use Ubuntu much...

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 22, 2010, 05:37:44 PM »

Woah, that's awesome! I missed out on the first bundle.

ness io kain
Level 6

died and is a ghost.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #489 on: December 22, 2010, 08:55:57 PM »

This is great!
I bought this within the first couple days of it being announced, and I did wonder after they said they had "more plans" and the only new news was the Steam redemption stuff... That was nice, of course, but I wondered if there was going to be more going on.
Neat stuff!

Fun fact: Now that I've gotten this bundle, I have purchased Machinarium three times (I bought it twice during the Pirate Amnesty sale). I love that game.

My music.
If your Twitter doesn't have enough depression and awkward pomposity, here you go.
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #490 on: December 22, 2010, 09:00:15 PM »

I now have four copies of World of Goo.

Droop

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 23, 2010, 12:36:12 AM »

Fun fact: Now that I've gotten this bundle, I have purchased Machinarium three times (I bought it twice during the Pirate Amnesty sale). I love that game.

Droop

Money well spent. Beer!Hand Thumbs Up Right

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Mipe
Level 10

Migrating to imagination.

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 23, 2010, 03:28:50 AM »

Them indie bundles, they multiply games... World of Goo this, World of Goo that, if I want some other games, there is always that damned World of Goo bundled with it  Lips Sealed
TwilightVulpine
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 23, 2010, 09:44:47 AM »

It's the Grey Goo. It will consume the indiesphere. Durr...?
Nikica
Level 5

Remember, it’s all in your head.

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 23, 2010, 11:51:45 AM »

Revenge of the Titans is going open source if they reach $1.75 million.

Also, you should check out this.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #495 on: December 23, 2010, 12:37:19 PM »

Wow really, aren't they still working on it?

http://androidarts.com/HIB2/hib2_ride.jpg

is the best.
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 23, 2010, 01:10:53 PM »

Surprise, surprise!  You can now get the games on OnLive.  Weird coincidence, seeing as the $5,000 advertisement donation for OnLive was given before it was announced as a service for getting the games.
tzachs
Level 1

Look normal...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #497 on: December 23, 2010, 03:05:21 PM »

Droop

Whoa, that's four worlds of goo!! That's like, a universe of goo!  Grin

Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 24, 2010, 05:25:31 AM »

I have four World of Goo too! And I'm sitting on two gift-versions, making it a total of six licenses at the moment. Epileptic

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
Fallsburg
Level 10

Fear the CircleCat

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 29, 2010, 07:34:52 AM »

Droop

Whoa, that's four worlds of goo!! That's like, a universe of goo!  Grin

Come on that's merely a solar system of goo, not even a galaxy of goo.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic