Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 11:50:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs"i.M.A.G.E. Zero"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: "i.M.A.G.E. Zero"  (Read 19624 times)
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2012, 12:15:45 AM »

Conceptually, yes. But I'm building a few smaller projects around the ideas to really get the feel of the differing genres down. It actually is too ambitious for a short-term project, and there's elements of coding that I really have to get down before I can truly launch this. And quite a number of assets to put together, too.

My "Power of Love" project is basically going to be "me learning to make platformer/adventure" games/physics, test driving my level generation designs, and biding some time in asset creation. It's slowly-but-surely gonna happen. Smiley This thread is just a reminder of what and how.

baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2013, 01:03:04 PM »

WOW. That was quick. /sarcasm

So, it's been awhile since I've had an update to post here. Plenty more design ideas, including something I'm calling "genre-progressive" gameplay that I'm sure many of you have heard about. But that's not what I'm here to post.

After 2 years of grinding my face against the brick wall, and with some programming-related tutorial/help from my buddies here...

I'VE FINALLY FINISHED MY LEVEL-GENERATION ALGORHYTHM. (EXE format)

Right now, all you can do is move the little adventurer dude around by the arrow keys, but if you wanna pretend there's platformer gravity involved, let's say you can jump 4-4.5 tiles up and across; and run or roll up/down curves and inclines ala Sonic.

Holey adodectomy, that took way too much troubleshooting. I suppose next thing to concern myself with now is starting/exiting scenes and room transitions, and then platforming physics.

This is nothing compared to what I'm seeing produced, but just that feeling of being able to knock that off of my to-do list is effing INCREDULOUS.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic