Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1027899 Posts in 41251 Topics- by 32872 Members - Latest Member: Rayvolution

July 29, 2014, 12:53:14 PM
TIGSource ForumsCommunityCompetitionsOld CompetitionsVGNGTelekinetic Jazz Expert
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Telekinetic Jazz Expert  (Read 2025 times)
jimmykane
Level 0

100% jimmykane, all the time.

View Profile WWW Email
« on: March 04, 2008, 07:49:21 PM »

As a child you always knew you were gonna make something of yourself.
Being able to move objects with your mind was one thing, but improvising jazz in 17/8 time, using  both 3 modes and only notes that start with the letter D, was certainly bound to kick up a fuss down at the local Charles Mingus Lookalike Convention.

Sadly, there wasn't such a market for Super-Corrugated-Sugar-Jazz as you first expected, and now here you are, serving tables at the local up-market restaurant. It's just another Friday night with the upper class (who rarely find it amusing when their empty plates start to move themselves) breathing down your neck, but you've got something to look forward to. Your cousin, Miles, is coming into town to play at this exquisite joint, and you've heard he can bust out quite the tune on that trumpet.

His band take the stage at about 10pm, play some jazz standards, and start to get a few appreciative looks from the crowd. However, Miles doesn't seem to be looking too hot, and his playing is certainly falling apart; this goes on until...

...you can see where I'm going with this. Telekinetic Jazz Expert!

That's right, Telekinetic Jazz Expert!

Save your cousin from total humiliation by controlling his fingers with your telekinesis, and his heart with your jazz expertise. Improvise some sweet riffs over the backing band, while deflecting sporadic forks thrown by a disapproving crowd!

Telekinetic Jazz Expert!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 07:51:24 PM by jimmykane » Logged

www.chairmanwow.net/jaf - Exciting radio show, if you're excited about Edinburgh?
jimmykane
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 09:48:12 AM »

Control the jazz with your left hand on the keys, catch objects with your right hand on the mouse. Painful to control? Let's find out!

www.chairmanwow.net/jaf - Exciting radio show, if you're excited about Edinburgh?
Corpus
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 12:43:50 PM »

Whoa, loving the visual style. Not so much the key diagram in the top left, though.
Zaphos
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 12:57:04 PM »

Nice style!  I hope you don't expect people to press all the green keys in that mock-up at once, though.  Most keyboards aren't good for more than two or three simultaneous key presses (and it's not consistent between keyboards which key combinations work).
jimmykane
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 05:09:27 PM »

No, like a real trumpet you can only play one note at a time, there may be periods where you press two keys simultaneously, but I'm not too sure about that yet. The green keys notifies you of "safe" notes to play for the current chord, and you are merely required to improvise a jazz line over the top of the chord. Of course, other notes may be okay to play in certain situations, and this is where the experimentation and real improvisation comes in.

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 05:46:16 PM »

Yeah, I dig it!  Although I agree with Corpus that the keys could be better integrated with the (very awesome) trumpet player.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic