Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411476 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 02:55:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallTetravalanche!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Tetravalanche!  (Read 5768 times)
pi
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2010, 10:18:44 AM »

Greetings TIGforums!

We’ve just finished making a game called “Tetravalanche” and want to share it’s awesomeness with you. As for now, in a shape of a trailer:

(if you have just 40 seconds Wink)

(if you have 1 minute)

Game is ready and should show up on the portals in about a month, after we find a sponsor for it. We are using Flash Game Licence, so if you happen to be a sponsor interested in licensing a flash game, follow the link to the version playable on site:

http://www.flashgamelicense.com/view_game.php?game_id=10583

It’s a crazy arcade platformer. Well known tetraminoes from the cult puzzle game fall from the sky and player’s goal is to survive this avalanche. Tetravalanche. You will dodge them, climb them and break through them with your bare pixelated fists to get as high away as you can from the dreadful Monster-From-The-Deep making his way up as well.

All kinds of comments and opinions are appreciated. It’s a true labor of love from a small team of 3 and after all the work we have done it’ll be great to get some opinions.

Best Wishes, Piotr Iwanicki Smiley

The above is a slightly edited, but overally pasted text. Be sure however I am an actual person Smiley (give me captcha and will prove it!) and am interested in opinions of the TIGgers.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 02:51:51 AM by pi » Logged
dspencer
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 10:31:04 AM »

I started watching that trailer and was thoroughly unimpressed. Then about halfway through I changed my mind. That looks really cool, can't wait to play it!

pi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 10:55:26 AM »

Oh Smiley, that's interesting. I'm glad you liked it in the end Smiley. What convinced you?
brog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 11:37:57 AM »

I started watching that trailer and was thoroughly unimpressed. Then about halfway through I changed my mind. That looks really cool, can't wait to play it!

Me too.  Looks very dull until it goes "FASTER" and shows some actual action.  Then it looks probably fun.
pi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 12:37:57 AM »

Thanks for this reaction Smiley.

I think I understand it and it is also a problem of the game. When most of the fun comes from speed, it's not fun when it's too slow or when it's too fast. It works when it is just a bit faster than you can manage. This speed is different for different people, of course Smiley.

In the game you can choose to speed up the falling blocks by standing on the top and loading a bar. However, once you fall off the top, you loose all the additional speed you have gained very rapidly. This way the speed balances adequately to your skills of staying on the top.

Still, when the trailer's beginning doesn't work, it doesn't work Smiley.
namre
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 01:18:55 PM »

Hi pi!

I just saw your game featured at GameSetWatch and after watching the trailer I got really excited. I hope it would come out soon.

Anyways, I have the same reaction as the others after viewing the first few seconds of the trailer. I thought it was boring. If I didn't have time to spare, I would have just discontinued watching it.

So... in line with what I said, why not try to re-edit the trailer to just show the fast parts? What you put in your trailer is crucial. If you want to catch peoples attention, then you might want to do it at the very first seconds of your trailer, otherwise you might lose a potential fan!

Just a suggestion. >_^

Goodluck in looking for a sponsor!
pi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 02:50:34 AM »

Thanks for your answer. It seems that the trailer's beginning really can be boring. I thought that you have to show slow parts for the fast parts to feel really fast.

I've made a fast edit cutting the first half:

Specially for you guys Smiley.
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 03:43:09 AM »

Looks really fun, good idea as well. I cannot wait to get a hold of this :D

namre
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 05:59:12 AM »

Thanks for your answer. It seems that the trailer's beginning really can be boring. I thought that you have to show slow parts for the fast parts to feel really fast.

Yes, such an effect works on some cases, but for your game it is much better to show the fast bits firsthand.

I saw your newly edited video and I really think that this is much better since you already see the action.

Godluck with your game!
Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 05:49:48 PM »

That looks like a heap of fun.
JellyStorage
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2010, 02:50:20 AM »

Finally another good looking tetris spinoff besides Mr.Blocko STE.
I have to say that the 40 seconds trailer is indeed much better than the full one, and that i'll be playing this when it comes out!
pi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2010, 02:59:15 AM »

Thanks Smiley.

Good that you mentioned Mr. Blocko Smiley. I've spent a lot of time playing it with a friend and indeed it is a brilliant game. Hope my Tetravalanche will stand the comparison Smiley.
namre
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2010, 06:35:28 AM »

Oooo.. it's my first time hearing about this mr. Blocko game. I'll give it a try.  Coffee
mandersm
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2010, 11:48:25 PM »

Tetravalanche has been sponsored by playbay.net, here's the direct link:

http://www.playbay.net/en/onlinegames/1985/Tetravalanche

Cheers!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic