Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 12:14:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingYour Divine Light
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Your Divine Light  (Read 2239 times)
Towerfiend
Level 0

Bleeding for the blood god.

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2010, 10:34:58 PM »

Something I conjured up in Construct in, about a day.

Simple goal, use your eponymous "Divine Light" to smash Metal Boxes.

Hold the Left Mouse button to generate light, and send it away by releasing said mouse button.

Accumulate Massive Scores! Can you beat my high score? (It's about 1.e+019)

Divine Light (RAR)

Divine Light (EXE)

Sorry dudes, no menu, once you click the icon, it starts immediately.

Surely will lag on older computers, due to large amounts of incoming objects, and huge amounts of Particles and Impact FX.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 02:01:37 AM by Towerfiend » Logged
Towerfiend
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 02:02:44 AM »

Thanks for the advice... I have taken it and edited the OP to accommodate said advice.
NiallM
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 11:13:19 AM »

Interesting...  I love the motion of the particles as you build your beam.  Feels like it's crying out for SFX though - I'm thinking an increasing electric buzz kind of thing as you charge up, and something really crunchy and satisfying when you destroy a box.

I didn't really get the scoring though.  The highest I got was about 430,000.  Is the i number a bonus?

Towerfiend
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 10:04:47 PM »

Well the main problem I have with sound effects is mainly just I can't find any free energy/charging sound effects, and I don't want to go to SFXr for the sound effects either. Just don't think that SFXr could possibly generate a sound effect that would be fitting for the game.

So if anyone could let me know of a place where I can find a firing, charging and blast sound effect, or are willing to produce such sound effects, that would be greatly appreciated.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 11:15:46 PM »

what does the + mean after the score?

My score was 10681667 + 1312992

It was pretty fun, but is there a strategy to get better scores? I was just flinging particles around randomly.

Seems like this would feel at home on an iPod touch or something.
Towerfiend
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 11:51:21 PM »

what does the + mean after the score?

My score was 10681667 + 1312992

It was pretty fun, but is there a strategy to get better scores? I was just flinging particles around randomly.

Seems like this would feel at home on an iPod touch or something.

The second number is the points you earned from a chain, and the first number is your actual score before chain bonuses are applied.

One strategy I find works is occasionally send out particles of smaller blasts to keep the chain moving up and to keep the score from updating. Another is to wait for a large amount of boxes to accumulate first, like 25 or 35 boxes on screen, and then start firing at them, and charge the occasional large blast to blow up some of the boxes.
NiallM
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 02:33:03 AM »

Well the main problem I have with sound effects is mainly just I can't find any free energy/charging sound effects, and I don't want to go to SFXr for the sound effects either. Just don't think that SFXr could possibly generate a sound effect that would be fitting for the game.

So if anyone could let me know of a place where I can find a firing, charging and blast sound effect, or are willing to produce such sound effects, that would be greatly appreciated.
Yeah, for some reason charging sounds are a bit harder to create than other sounds.  I had a quick attempt, but it came out as more of a buzzy drone than anything.  Maybe a Shepard Tone would be the way to go.

muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 02:00:58 PM »

Also check http://www.freesound.org - often something usable can be found there.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic