Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

998316 Posts in 39153 Topics- by 30562 Members - Latest Member: z3ph

April 18, 2014, 07:03:59 PM
TIGSource ForumsFeedbackPlaytestingGun Mute: A Texty Shoot-em-up
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Gun Mute: A Texty Shoot-em-up  (Read 18825 times)
Pacian
Text Heavy
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2008, 04:31:18 PM »

:D
You can nod to Gertrude more than once.

Not any more you can't.  Tongue

"Home to the physcially diseased and the socially reviled."
"Dirty rags, rotten food, human excrement... other things you don't want to look too closesly at."

Must have been a bad day for typing when I fleshed out that location. Shocked

Thanks.  You're both now mentioned in the credits.  (Hopefully the new version doesn't break more than it fixes...)

All I'm going to say is: yes.  A review of Wild Guns really struck a chord with me when I was a kid, and the whole cyborg cowboys thing lodged in my brain.  I only actually played the game quite recently though, and by then I'd already stolen the cover/shoot gameplay mechanic from Nobuyuki Forces.

(\ /)
(O.o) - Achtung, baby!
(> <)
Lazer
Level 3

:S

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2008, 08:53:56 PM »

Not trying to make any connections here, not exactly like you can "steal" the idea of robots in the wild west. :\

Regardless though awesome job man.
Nillo
Level 10

You can't stop the internet, Steve.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2008, 03:09:54 AM »

Finished it, and it was really cool. I usually don't like text adventures because I have no idea what to do in them, but this one was logical and simple enough that I could solve most of the puzzles myself. The ending made me vaguely uncomfortable but it was still funny. In short, great game. Smiley

My finished games: Griddy RPG
My current project: SummonerRL
On hold: Griddy Heroes
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2008, 04:15:09 AM »

I wish I could write a text adventure like this. Time to boot up inform again? Tongue

serprex
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2008, 11:11:26 AM »

Finally a game that isn't too complicated for IF. No maps needed, just how I like it
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2008, 12:53:48 PM »

I tried kissing everybody in the ending. ^____^
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2008, 07:33:18 PM »

I tried kissing everybody but glow-in-the-dark guy Tongue.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2008, 11:43:31 PM »

Wow, what an awesome game. Only IF that I've managed to play all the way through.

jimmykane
Level 0

100% jimmykane, all the time.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2008, 01:48:08 PM »

Sweet, took me an hour with no hints, and I got 17/20!
I wonder how to get the last three... (short of nodding).

www.chairmanwow.net/jaf - Exciting radio show, if you're excited about Edinburgh?
jimmykane
Level 0

100% jimmykane, all the time.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2008, 02:07:03 PM »

And 20/20 now.

Onwards to Snowblind Aces!

www.chairmanwow.net/jaf - Exciting radio show, if you're excited about Edinburgh?
Pacian
Text Heavy
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2008, 11:04:13 AM »

Thanks for your feedback everyone.   Smiley

And 20/20 now.

You might like to know that you're the first person I know of to get a full score.   Wink

(\ /)
(O.o) - Achtung, baby!
(> <)
rtrowan
Manbaby

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2008, 12:41:05 AM »

I played for the first time tonight, completing it in about 80 minutes with 20/20.

Nice job... felt like it flowed nicely with intuitive, built in hints.
Lukas
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2008, 10:35:35 AM »

Hi!
I just tried it out! Very good and addicting! I'm fighting the reverend right now. Maybe I love it so much because I absolutely adore steam punk. Smiley

By the way: Someone has to make an Ego-Shooter with this setting! I really can't understand why none has thought of it yet.  Huh?  Okay, Bioshock may come close but actually...

We need a HL2(/something similar)-total conversion with steam punk + cyborgs + wild west. Holy crap that would be awesome!

Anyway... I hope I don't sound childish since one of "Gun Mute"'s coolest aspects actually is that it simulates interesting and "realistic" gunfights without needing actual graphics.
Good Job!

BaronCid

(OMGOMGOMG! you know like... revolvers all around and people with crazy guns built into their bodies and lots of strange steampowered vehicles. I do want that. now! :D )

I make (60s/70s) rock music. Listen to my band's new album here: www.speicher.bandcamp.com
Noyb
Level 9

Klik & Play Masochist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2008, 10:56:15 PM »

Amazing job! I love how you were able to build a compelling protagonist that can meaningfully interact with the world without needing to say anything. His muteness feels like it's actually a character trait, unlike in all the bland, mute shootemup heroes I guess you're reacting to. Heck, the gunfights here were more fun, since they became a matter of wits instead of twitch and power. My only complaint is that a few of the opponents (namely the one with the brain jar and giant hand) felt like they weren't plausibly able to be defeated on the first try, which I usually dislike in a puzzle game. However, my paranoid saving habits and the relative shortness of the game doesn't make it that negative.

FARTRON
Level 4

the last man in space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2008, 09:16:41 PM »

This was awesome. Well done.

Everything that was once directly lived has receded into a representation. - debord
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic