Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 02:28:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesTEPPOMAN 2
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: TEPPOMAN 2  (Read 10082 times)
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2010, 05:10:13 PM »

It is here.

Bananas, jazzy midi music, no pants, amazing as usual. You can glide and stab folk and stuff. Thank you Indiegames Twitter for noticing.

OH YEAH: It's called "The Slightest Man 2 - Banana Oh you Yurusumaji" When you run it through the translator.

Personally, I like to think these titles make about as much sense in Japanese as they do in English.

EXTRA EDIT: I AM SO BAD AT THIS GAME OH GOD WHY IKKIKI WHY

I think it's worth quoting Tim's post about the controls and moves, which are all necessary to know:

commands are:

arrow keys - move
down arrow key - open chest, pick up weapon/item
shift - jump
control - shoot, stealth kill
F2 - reset game
J - suicide

dash - quickly tap left or right twice
glide - jump immediately after dashing
skid - press the opposite directional key after dashing
reverse jump - execute skid, then press the jump key quickly
body surf - execute a glide from high ground, then hold the jump button to body surf on any body of water (muddy and clear)

Good point X!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 04:34:48 AM by Gainsworthy » Logged
fraxcell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 05:13:41 PM »

I love the translations Chrome gives for those titles.

"The Little Man helmet: By driving the retirement break their neck!"
"Pot book of the Bible: To play the villain in the snuff"

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 06:01:44 PM »

context?

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 06:19:10 PM »

Oh, you know, Teppoman. By Ikiki, guy who made Nikujin, Hakaiman, that game where you cover a house in shit. No one wears any pants and they kill each other. MSPaint graphics, MIDI music tingling in the background, generally platformers, all in Japanese.

He's good. He has a new game. It's also good.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 07:56:28 PM »

And how the hell do you progress in stage 4? WTF

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 08:24:22 PM »

i keep fucking around with all the fun moves and the game kills me for it ;_;

Lo
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 04:26:22 AM »

I think it's worth quoting Tim's post about the controls and moves, which are all necessary to know:

commands are:

arrow keys - move
down arrow key - open chest, pick up weapon/item
shift - jump
control - shoot, stealth kill
F2 - reset game
J - suicide

dash - quickly tap left or right twice
glide - jump immediately after dashing
skid - press the opposite directional key after dashing
reverse jump - execute skid, then press the jump key quickly
body surf - execute a glide from high ground, then hold the jump button to body surf on any body of water (muddy and clear)

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 04:36:50 AM »

And how the hell do you progress in stage 4? WTF

What's ailing ya? Stage 4 was pretty OK, I thought. Jump a bit, shoot mans, blow a hole through a wall.

Make sure you've got 5 bananas, though. Or the game boots you after the first boss.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 06:26:18 AM »

Loving it! I think this and Tekkyuuman are a huge return to form for Ikiki.
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 08:07:20 AM »

I got to stage 6 now, and man, the controls are shit Smiley But, it's really fun. I think it still doesn't come close to Nikujin and Hakaiman for me, but I'm sure I'll enjoy getting the hang of the controls and playing through it. It also just feels nicely absurd to play a naked man wearing a super hero costume and using it to glide around, killing bad guys, only for the satisfaction of collecting bananas and making monkey sounds.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 08:14:16 AM by MisterX » Logged

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 09:18:52 AM »

i have to say, as someone who has never played any of ikkiki's games before, this is way better than nikujin. nikujin didn't have near as many fun moves to play around in and the wall jump/climb/shoot off like a fucking rocket thing felt really weird. i mean its still a fun game, but i enjoy this way more.

Lo
Yougiedeggs
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 01:47:23 PM »

The "demo" came out for this quite a while ago, really excited that ikiki finished this.
That said, level 10 seems impossible Sad
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2010, 06:26:31 AM »

What about the part in level 9 where you have to get up over a wall full of barbed wire? I understand that you can walljump off the opposite wall, the one under which you're standing, but that still doesn't get me over the wire.

It's still very cool, but i find such parts a bit too annoying. Though, in hindsight, I guess Nikujin is no different. The only difference for me is that I've already played through that so many times that it's easy for me by now. Either way, I doubt I'll want to play Teppoman 2 that much.

Dustin Smith
Level 10

Eskimo James Dean

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2010, 03:46:56 PM »

I don't think the controls suck; they're autistic maybe, but once you get them down you can do some pretty wicked shit -- this definitely feels a lot more fluid than Nikujin. I'd recommend to change the abhorred ctrl+shift combo to z&x in the options menu.

This is the first Ikiki title I really connected with, I'm not one to speed-run games but this is just begging to be ripped apart. I get this visceral thrill everytime I glide through the air like the goddamn Batman and cut down some poor shmuck.   

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 01:36:08 PM »

I'm like 100% sure he released this one or two years ago, since I remember playing through it one or two years ago. (Getting through most of it on my "first" try pretty much confirms this for me, since there's no way I would've been able to do that otherwise.)  WTF

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2010, 02:25:30 PM »

I don't think the controls suck; they're autistic maybe, but once you get them down you can do some pretty wicked shit -- this definitely feels a lot more fluid than Nikujin. I'd recommend to change the abhorred ctrl+shift combo to z&x in the options menu.  
Or better yet, use a gamepad.

Seriously though, I still don't get how people manage to play these hardcore platformers with a keyboard. I can't even get past the first level in Nikujin with the default controls. Maybe it's got something to do with the fact that I never had a computer as a kid? I dunno.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2010, 03:10:52 PM »

I'm like 100% sure he released this one or two years ago, since I remember playing through it one or two years ago. (Getting through most of it on my "first" try pretty much confirms this for me, since there's no way I would've been able to do that otherwise.)  WTF
He did. This is an expansion of that original demo.

Dustin Smith
Level 10

Eskimo James Dean

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2010, 04:23:03 PM »

I normally play with either an NES or PS1 USB controller, but for some reason I can't do that damn reverse jump with them. I grew up with consoles as well, but through Flash games I've learned to adapt to a keyboard.

Speaking of reverse jumps:

SMB Brick SMB Brick SMB Brick SMB Brick SMB Brick
                SMB Brick SMB Brick

SMB Mario

I can't pull these off with any consistency for the life of me. You need to do one on level 9, but I just can't do it. I practiced in level one for about an hour, if I wasn't listening to Caspien I would have given up by now.

I still love this game despite all this.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2010, 05:27:28 PM »

gosh dang it why doesn't it have saves!?

Lord Frunkamunch
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2010, 08:04:48 PM »

I normally play with either an NES or PS1 USB controller, but for some reason I can't do that damn reverse jump with them. I grew up with consoles as well, but through Flash games I've learned to adapt to a keyboard.

Speaking of reverse jumps:

SMB Brick SMB Brick

SMB Mario

I can't pull these off with any consistency for the life of me. You need to do one on level 9, but I just can't do it. I practiced in level one for about an hour, if I wasn't listening to Caspien I would have given up by now.

I still love this game despite all this.

I had the same problem for a while. It's because always jumped immediately after the skid, thinking it was a matter of pixel perfect timing. What you have to do is get a decent running start, skid at the edge, and WAIT FOR A HALF SECOND. Once you realize the controls don't have to be split second timed, those jumps become easy.

But now I have a problem of my own. And that problem is: HOW DOES THIS JUMP MAKE ANY SENSE.

Do you just need to use the flying cheat? Is that it? I am confuse.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic