Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 12:36:24 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGameslinks to interesting Unity web-games
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: links to interesting Unity web-games  (Read 38081 times)
deathtotheweird
« on: June 26, 2010, 05:04:48 PM »

So, searching the Unity forums I occasionally come across some good games that people post there, but don't post here or sometimes nowhere else. So I thought I'd make a list to some I've found and enjoyed. There are some on the list that have been posted already but some people still probably haven't played them so it can't hurt to be a little redundant. If anyone has any more to share, make sure the game has a web version and it's a legitimately fun and interesting game to play, and preferably game that have a beginning and an end and is free.

I Am The Knight - Very good looking and funny platformer about a superhero
Zombie Hill - very short and weird fps
Space Paranoids - FPS Tank shooter based on the Tron game
Paincube - Made by our own Nihilocrat for EGP
Sanor - by LeFishy, made for EGP, an exploration game where the world is made of numbers
Jetlane - sci-fi racing game
Arithmetism - competitive math game with lovely music (press up to play as guest)
hell is other people - interesting shooter in which you fight the ghosts of other players
Cordy - beautiful and fun little big planet clone, only 3 levels
Zombie Undertaker - survival score attack game where you try to stay alive against hordes of zombies
Hard Rock Racing - racing game with combat elements (like mario kart)
Critical Bypass - remake of the Action52 title by the same name
Tumbledrop classic - Original version of the great iphone game
Radio Silence - atmospheric fps by Terry Cavanagh made for ludum dare 17
Red Sky - polished up version of a game made by Terry for kotm
Specter Spelunker Shrinks - relatively popular platformer based on shrinking yourself
Zelda II FPS - remake of Zelda II into an fps (only 1 dungeon)
BOXGAME - unique platform puzzle game
Zagizigi - Sophie's entry for Gamma IV
Blurst- home of a few Unity web games with free versions
CosmiCube - very frustrating reflex game
Skyroad - a visually rough, but still entertaining Skyroads clone

edit: fixed zombiehill link
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 02:00:48 PM by allen » Logged
Iamthejuggler
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 08:02:52 AM »

Thanks for this! I've been trying to get into unity, and have found it really hard finding good games to see what's possible. I didn't spend a whole lot of time in the forums there, but what i did see seemed to be mainly experiments or plugins for unity. Will be playing these tonight :D (after trying to do that damned art improvement thread assignment!)
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 10:16:08 AM »

Don't forget Shoot Stop Lollipop.
slembcke
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 08:05:26 AM »

Wow, that Spectre Spelunker Game is really clever. I like how you can see the whole thing at the end to put it all into perspective.

Scott - Howling Moon Software Chipmunk Physics Library - A fast and lightweight 2D physics engine.
Iamthejuggler
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 10:13:00 AM »

Wow, that Spectre Spelunker Game is really clever. I like how you can see the whole thing at the end to put it all into perspective.

Haha yeah. That was a great little game. What a cool idea. (yeah, it took me a while to remember this thread!)
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 08:34:20 AM »

I'm pretty sure he got the idea from a TOJam game.

namre
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 11:32:25 AM »

That Spectre Spelunker Game really is cool. It's such a simple concept, but very cleverly executed. I'm surprised that nobody has thought of it sooner.
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 03:03:44 AM »

Interstellar Marines: www.interstellarmarines.com
Currently the "Bullseye" and "Running Man" modes are available and free to play.

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
deathtotheweird
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2010, 12:19:45 PM »

I guess those would be like demos or something.

Really liked the graphics but was kinda boring. I played Bullseye back in the day, I guess before running man was available. Certainly interested in what the final game might offer though.

Anyone else play I Am the Night? Was kinda the inspiration for making this thread.

Also, Cambride Indies has a lot of Unity games. Recently found Cheese Chase which is very cute and fun. Course Perrin and Terry games are also on the site, along with some flash and other non-flash games. Destroy the Brain and Blind Faith are also some interesting new unity webgames. Although Perrin and Terry both say the game runs better downloaded, I had no issues playing it (other than it not exiting at the end).
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2010, 12:35:57 PM »

I played running man on a friend's computer and something about those robots is absolutely terrifying.

fraxcell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2010, 02:58:07 PM »

Yeah. It reminds me a lot of the mutant zombie things in System Shock 2. They are just human enough to be incredibly creepy.

I Am the Night was hilarious, although short.

deathtotheweird
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2010, 04:54:05 PM »

Need little demo of a 3rd person platformer:
Cloud Pirates

Online FPS Paintball game, kinda mediocre but the netcode is impressive. First unity web player game I played that wasn't super laggy and with bad hit detection
Paradise Paintball
it's decent enough for a few rounds, usually pretty easy to find a game full of players too.

I would have mentioned Hey Baby but that is such a godawful terrible game, and I'm pretty shocked they are selling a premium version of it now.
Landshark RAWR
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2010, 05:49:08 PM »

You know if you jump on top of the level in that spelunker shrinks game, at the end you can see a big yellowish block that you can go inside...

...ill let you see the rest for yourselves unless someone puts up a picture... Noir

deathtotheweird
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010, 10:37:37 PM »

Can't believe I forgot to mention Wooglie.com

it's like a flash portal but for unity games. Most are really ugly and have odd presentations.  Shrug there's a lot more to 3d than 2d so if you're willing to get past that, there are some fun games
Iamthejuggler
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2010, 08:27:24 AM »

You know if you jump on top of the level in that spelunker shrinks game, at the end you can see a big yellowish block that you can go inside...

...ill let you see the rest for yourselves unless someone puts up a picture... Noir

Do you mean the moon? And inside is a little house? That's how you complete the game ... unless you mean there was one even further out.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2010, 01:54:01 PM »

Eco-Punk Very simple but addictive eco-dodge em up game with fantastic graphics. It's basically a trial version of the iPhone game with only one mode. Felt like putting up a screenshot for once:

Space - The Retribution
Interesting shmup where you pilot a large clunky mining vessel as opposed to a sleek fast fighter and your goal is to get revenge and recapture mining stations from the enemy. Shooting/mining asteroids is tedious though, but once your ship gets more powerful it gets better.
Mathieu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2010, 01:53:12 AM »

Kawaii Maximum Overkill
Kawaii Maximum Overkill was made in 48h during the Global Game Jam 2010 @ Paris.
We had to build our game around the themes of "deception" and "seduction".

http://frogames.com/GGJ/10/

Edit: oups forgot the link :/
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 02:18:58 AM by Mathieu » Logged

Frogames.com - Games for Mac & PC | Frogames.net - 3d models & content packs for game developers
increpare
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2010, 02:05:46 AM »

link?
deathtotheweird
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2010, 02:17:14 AM »

found it via google here: http://frogames.com/GGJ/10/

Interesting game but I was very confused by the controls. horizontal and vertical axes should be reversed like they normally are in these type of games.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2010, 09:47:02 AM »

Hey! The unity plug in bug on chrome Huh? do anybody got the same problem?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic