OK everyone, signups are now CLOSED! I went for 16 in the end, as 20 was maybe a little hopeful.
PMs have been sent to all of you! Once you reply, we can get this thing underway!
Here is a list of all players currently playing:
TeamQuiggan-lynched D2 gummikana-eaten N3 Blademasterbobo-lynched D5 Lazer-eaten N4 skaldicpoet9
Xotes-eaten N1 Fishymuffin-eaten N6 Corpus-lynched D6 Hideous-eaten N5Akhel ninjascience-lynched D3 jstckr-eaten N2the_depraved Massena-Vigilante killing D4 Terry-lynched D1Xion
I'll keep this space updated with any special info. Mostly, though, I'll just be posting whenever it changes from day to night or vice versa, and obviously announcing who has been killed.
Original stuff below:
Welcome to the Inaugural TIGSTWG: Episode Zero: Origins!
So, let's see if we can get a TIGS 'The Werewolf Game' going!
Basic rules can be found here
but I'll go into detail with a few of them, along with basic forum-specific mechanics and a couple of rules which I'm also imposing:
- I (the GM) will only speak to clarify rules, if that is even necessary. Nothing I say can or should be read into. If I have to speak to any player in private (which will most likely be via PM) I may not be referenced or quoted at all.
- Any communication outside of this thread (PMs, MSN, IRC etc.) is permitted, but please don't quote things or reference these conversations, because there is no way to prove that these things have been said for definite - it spoils the fun of the game, so just let it be.
- No posting at night. Everyone is asleep.
- Your votes must go in bold.
- If you wish to change your vote in a subsequent post, you may do so by simply voting again, and then going back to your original vote and removing the bold tags from it. It also greatly helps if you put (retracted) or something similar after your original vote, as it eases my job.
- When a player dies, either by lynching or becoming dinner, their role is not revealed.
- Wolves can't eat other wolves.
- If there is a tie between two or more people, a vote-off will occur. The day will be extended, and every person will have the chance to re-cast their vote, but only for one of the players in the vote-off. Obviously, these players have one last chance to defend themselves.
- The day will last approximately 24 hours (depending on my availability), and the night has no real fixed length, I'll end it when everyone has performed their nightly duties. Could be an hour, could be 12, could be longer - although I'll try my best to keep the nights fairly short.
- It's a GAME; have FUN. No dirty tactics, no gamesmanship, no personal attacks. I'm the GM and my word is final.
We'll be having a few special roles (copied from the handy rules page, but adapted in some places):
- Each night, the Seer will have a vision on the player of his choice. The host will then tell the Seer whether the chosen player is either human or a werewolf.
The Guardian Angel
- Once a night, the Guardian Angel pledges his protection to another player. If the wolves go after a player that the Angel had protected, the attack fails and nobody is killed that night. The following day, the players are informed of which player had cheated death, essentially exonerating that player from any further suspicion (since werewolves can't kill their own at night). The Angel can protect the same person repeatedly if he wishes, but cannot protect himself.
- Once in the game, during daytime, the Vigilante is allowed to kill any other player out in the open by publicly exposing his role and posting which player he wants to eliminate. This kill replaces the lynching
- the day is considered over. The GM must confirm this, so that there is no chance of a wolf (or another human) impersonating him.
For this game (which will be my first as GM!) I think 20 players would be a good number.
Sign-ups are now OPEN!
Any questions about anything related to this game, feel free to PM me or contact me however you like.