Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 10:06:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC] 8:Capsule [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC] 8:Capsule [FINISHED]  (Read 24774 times)
miconazole
Level 1

contact through email pls

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2010, 04:48:35 AM »

I don't know what I just played, but it was FUCKING AMAZING.

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2010, 06:30:28 AM »

This didn't work for me on Windows 7. Sad It says I have the wrong version of DirectX, but everything is bang up to date. Shrug Gonna try it when I can get hold of a different machine.

badvibration
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2010, 01:54:04 PM »

I thoroughly enjoyed this whimsical experience.
ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2010, 04:53:26 PM »

I really enjoyed this - I'll admit, I watched ortoslon's video a bit when I got stuck, but it was only because I wanted to finish.  It was a truly innovative, surreal puzzle game.

The music was also very well-done; in the second level especially it provided a subtle prelude to the end atmosphere (which, I agree with Melly, was terrifying).

I am basing my knowledge of the ending off of the video, however - when I actually played the game and beat the third level, the boss continually exploded and it never went to the "BEAUTY" screen.

Mr. Yes
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2010, 05:57:35 PM »

Grin

Thank you guys, you are all sparkling wonders. And thanks for the playthrough video, ortoslon! Beautiful.

I am basing my knowledge of the ending off of the video, however - when I actually played the game and beat the third level, the boss continually exploded and it never went to the "BEAUTY" screen.

Did you happen to download the game soon after I first uploaded it? Because I found that problem a while after and fixed it. If that's not the case, then I'm not sure what could be causing that.

belbeeno
Level 1

video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2010, 07:02:06 PM »

Did you happen to download the game soon after I first uploaded it? Because I found that problem a while after and fixed it. If that's not the case, then I'm not sure what could be causing that.

It could be the torrent version of the game, which was created almost immediately after Melly closed the competition.  Seems batching the game is proving to be more problems than it's worth. >:

@belbeeno - website
Buy my dang game, Factory Hiro!
ThetaGames
Level 5

Informatikmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2010, 07:47:05 PM »

You know, I probably have an old version.  I'll re-download and try again.

VinceTwelve
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2010, 09:37:22 AM »

Finally had some time to play some of these and this one blew me away.  Loved the style and the interaction.  The puzzles were fair.  I didn't get stuck on the second level for more than a minute.  Excellent stuff all around!  Beautiful!

UltimateWalrus
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2010, 10:30:56 AM »

I really like this.  It's a cool puzzle mechanic... finding out the rules and intricacies behind an abstract world.  The look and feel was really good too.  I kinda wish it was longer.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2010, 01:08:26 AM »

I loved figuring out how stuff works. You have a great talent for making far-fetched solutions seems like they're logical and obvious. It was almost like dream logic type of experience. Great graphics, music and ending too. My only complaint is that the last pales a bit in comparison to the others in terms of gameplay.
guille
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2010, 04:17:47 AM »

This is pretty rad shit, the visuals and the audio are pretty cool. I like the "figure it on your own" attitude to a degree, I think at times this takes it too far, yet it's so charming you don't wanna give up easily.

If it had some sort of subtle hint system when the game detects you have been stuck for so long, that would help. Like those match 3 games where the pieces you need to match shine when you haven't scored for some time.

Still, this is pretty cool and original. One of the best  Coffee

LiquidAsh
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2010, 05:15:35 PM »

This is one of my favorite entries.  I do think there could be a few more clues to help the player differentiate background from the objects they need to interact with to progress through the level.  I do like the abstract visual style.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2010, 07:47:25 PM »

8:Capsule has won the Phat Beats badge for being one of the winners of the Best Audio poll. Congratulations.

Hand Clap Hand Shake Right Hand Shake Right Hand Clap Hand Shake Left Hand Clap Hand Shake Right Hand Shake Left Hand Clap Hand Clap Hand Clap Hand Clap Hand Clap Hand Shake Left

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic