Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411414 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 01:15:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsA Game by Its Cover[AGBIC] DOT: Dot Order Tie [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: [AGBIC] DOT: Dot Order Tie [FINISHED]  (Read 27508 times)
miconazole
Level 1

contact through email pls

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2010, 12:26:29 AM »

There's a secret area with the last dot.

Look for somewhere symmetrical Smiley

sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2010, 06:54:47 AM »

Oh God, I have to get them all again?
Vulf
Level 0

Co-op Only

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2010, 06:00:42 PM »

I originally planned to stick a clue to its location in the story portion of the manual, but I decided it would be more interesting to keep it obscured. Didn't stop you from finding it on day 3 though.

Clue:
A lesser known part of the legend described the final fragment as hidden "...in a stark land, surrounded by blackness, seeming but a fragment of a larger array..."

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2010, 10:35:53 PM »

A very interesting game, though you REALLY should add a save feature. Having to get every fragment again if you exit is hell. WTF

I like the door locking mechanic and all the secret passages. It was rewarding to slowly unravel each new section of the maze.

I didn't finish it though. Maybe when you add that save feature. Wink Also, I get no music here.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
guille
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2010, 06:09:48 PM »

I can say I really liked the code entry stuff for opening doors, it's an original way to solve an old problem.

I think the game lacks something to keep you motivated. I mean there's no sound (I got no music either), no story development, very simple graphics that don't express much and you see all the game mechanics within the first 3 minutes.  Sad I didn't see much reason to keep playing, you should reward the player more.

Sorry if I sounded harsh but i'm trying to be honest and help.

LiquidAsh
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2010, 05:19:46 PM »

I wanted to like this, but couldn't figure out how the locks work.  I didn't particluarily like having to read through the instructions to figure out how to progress from the main menu to the game.  But, I did try to scour the instructions for help/hints regarding the locks.  Unfortunately I've been unsucessful thusfar Concerned.
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2010, 05:46:02 AM »

I liked the door locks once I eventually figured out what I was supposed to do, but overall I found the game extremely tedious. I would have been happy with it being half as long. It felt like a grind fest. It would have been nice to see uncollected dots on the mini-map. Also, I ended the game with 1000/999 dots which seems a little odd.

hazeman
Level 0

The Haze-man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2010, 12:31:42 PM »

Where is the last dot !?!?!  Someone please tell me!

------------------------------------------------
Twitter @xanthousray
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic